2008 - The Witness

Guest Skykat

Summary

Sally and Irene are the last people to leave the diner one night. As they are leaving, a group of robbers arrive demanding all the money in the till. Irene argues telling them she’s not giving any money. Irene is asked to hand the money over numerous amounts of times before the robbers aim a knife at her. Without hesitation, the robbers stab Irene, leaving her unconscious. Sally witnesses the attack and collapses in distress. The robbers instantly take the money but realise Sally’s bee watching and they’re going to get caught. As they are on their way out, they tell Sally that if she doesn’t keep her mouth shut, they’ll harm her daughter Pippa. Sally is concerned how they know about Pippa and is told one of them rented a Caravan and knows where she lives. Sally argues they’ll never find her but is told they were helping Johnny Cooper when he escaped from jail and got to Summer Bay and knows how to track people down. Sally has no choice but to go into Witness Protection if she doesn’t want her daughter Pippa to get hurt.

Script

CAST IN SCENE SALLY, JACK

After witnessing a robbery Sally has to go into Witness Protection in order to escape the threats made to Pippa. She talks to Jack about the situation and how she’s going to leave Summer Bay.

Sally

Jack, there’s something that happened that day. Something I shouldn’t even be telling you. See, when they came in they threatened Pippa.

JACK

How so?

SALLY

They said if I told anyone who they were, they were going to hurt her, and that’s why I don’t want to take any chances.

JACK

What are you trying to say Sal?

SALLY

I’m trying to say that I want to go into the Witness Protection Program with Pippa. It’s my only option and I couldn’t live with myself if anything happened to her.

JACK

That’s a big decision to be making, are you sure you’ve thought this through?

SALLY

I know it’s going to be hard but if this is what could stop Pippa getting hurt then it’s a risk I’m willing to take. The fact is, they know where I live and if I moved, they would track me down. Even though there’s Mr Stewart, Ric, Annie, Leah and all my friends...Pippa is what matters to me the most. She means the whole world to me and if that means compromising my life, I will do it...... and this is strictly confidential. You’re the only one who’s ever going to know about this. The only reason I told you is because I know I can trust you. So, can you help me?

JACK

Of course I can, Sal. I’m here for you all the way. We’ll get you and Pippa out of here as soon as possible.

SALLY

So how does this all work, will it be a long procedure?

JACK

I’ll do everything I can Sal. Fist I might just make some phone calls and get some paper work for you to sign.

SALLY

Whatever it takes, and thankyou Jack. I don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t here to help me. The more I think about it, the more I believe it’s the right decision to be making. It’s the only way I can live my life free from fear and anxiety of what could happen to Pippa. I just know it’s what I have to do.

Archived