2008 - Cross Roads

Guest Skykat

Summary

Sally’s life has been under threat ever since Summer Bay’s sworn enemy Johnny Cooper escapes from prison. Johnny came to the bay to do one thing and one thing only-kill sally and he is not leaving until he finishes the job he came to do. Sally is at wits-end as to how she is going to protect herself and her family. She is living in fear and distress. Her only escape from her almost certain death is to leave the place she has called home for 20 years and go into witness protection. By doing so, not only would Sally be leaving her loved ones but also forcing some to make the unthinkable decision, whether to go with her or not? Her newly found twin brother Miles has to choose to either follow his sister that he has recently come to know or to stay in Summer Bay – a place where he is finally beginning to call home after years on the streets.

Script:

Jack and Miles are both guarding Sally’s house – Jack is sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper and Miles is making coffee in the kitchen.

Miles

Sal do you want a coffee?

Sally

Oh thanks Miles but I think I might head off to bed soon,

Miles

How about you Jack? Coffee?

Jack

Oh yea that would be great mate.

Sally is sitting on the lounge watching TV when she hears a noise from outside and jumps to her feet.

Sally

What was that? Did you hear that? It’s Johnny, he’s coming to get me.

Miles

Its ok Sal it’s only the wind, you need to relax

Sally

Lately I've just been so paranoid. (Sally takes a seat at the table) Every corner I turn I expect to see Johnny. Every step I take I feel as if he’s following me. I can’t do this anymore, I just can’t live my life thinking that…that when I wake up in the morning that I might not be around for the next. I just wish there was a way that I could escape from him.

Miles brings over the coffee, places it on the table and sits down

Jack

You know Sally there is a way to escape, to get away, to save yourself. But it means sacrifice.

Sally

Anything Jack. I’ll do anything if it means not putting my life and everyone else’s in danger. What is it?

Jack

Witness protection

Miles

Witness protection??

Sally

Witness protection? But that means I have to leave behind everyone- Cassie… Ric…Mr Stewart…Miles! Miles I cant leave you.... We only just met and…. and I love you…you’re my brother (Sally breaks down and begins to cry)

Jack

I told you it involved sacrifice.

Miles

Well Sal if it means that much to you then…then I could I come with you. We could start a new life, you, Pippa and me, somewhere totally different. Johnny will never find us.

Sally

I could never ask you to do that for me Miles. You said it yourself after all that time on the streets you have finally found somewhere that you can call home.

Miles

But Summer Bay won’t be home without you

Jack

Well it’s up to you but I’ll be honest, I’ve seen Johnny’s type before, when they put their mind to something there’s no stopping them. If there were any other way I wouldn’t suggest it but there’s not so…. Listen, I’ll let you sleep on it

Sally

No. No, I’ve decided, if Miles comes with me then yes, I’ll go into witness protection. There are too many lives at risk. You promise, Johnny will never find us?

Jack

I promise

Johnny is listening at the back door and hears every word of their conversation.

Archived