Untitled - A Jack and Martha Story

Guest pangie1

I think i go the name right lol

Chapter 7

“How many people on a rugby league team can be on the field at once?” Jack asked.

“Umm... let me think about it….. 14.” Martha said.

“Woh wa wah...” Jack said “13. I win”

The two loved their life; they were together, married and had their lives in the hand of fate. They’d spend there evenings when they weren’t working together playing bored games and chatting about everything and anything. They spent more time together this time around and always let each other know how they felt.

Bring Bring, Bring Bring.

“Constable Jack Holden speaking.”

“Hey Fitz,”

“Yeah sure I’ll just check with Martha.”

“I got to go to work love there’s been an accident out at the Campbell’s farm.”

“Ok than Jack, you go do what you need to do.” Martha said, as she kissed him goodbye. This time around Martha was a lot more understanding, she didn’t mind now if Jack had to go to work all the time she understood it now, she matured and grown up a lot since the last time they were married.

“Hey, what’s the problem?” Jack said arriving at the station.

“ I’m not sure if you should be here Jack,” She said

“We just got and update and I think you should go home.”

“Please just tell me what happened.” He pleaded to Lara. He was beginning to get worried now.

“I don’t want to be the one to tell you but its Lucas, they don’t know if he’ll be ok he’s trapped under the tractor.”

Jack keeled over, the pain was unbearable it was like someone had punched over and over again in the guts. He struggled to breathe. “Go home, Jack, go home to Martha.”

Martha was waiting up on the couch for him, he’d called her before he’d left eh police station. It was times like these that he really needed her, someone to lean on who would listen to him and pick him up when he fell over.

“He’ll be ok, I know he will,” Martha soothed, hugging Jack as tightly as she could not letting go. “He’ll be ok,” Jack began to chant “He’ll be ok.”

Bring Bring, Bring Bring.

“Fitz…”

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's short but there should be anothe chap soon I 'm working on it now.

Chapter 8

Martha gently stoked a sleeping Jack’s hair all that worry had been for nothing Lucas was fine, he’d gone to farm to get Annie as she was in trouble and Bruce ran over him. But Martha learnt something, she felt for Jack’s family as if it was her own. She was crushed when she thought something was wrong with Lucas. It also made her feel as if she was closer Jack now, everyday she felt increasingly closer to him, their bond growing stronger, her love for him increasing as the hours ticked by.

Nice fic! :wub:

You've been busy: 8 chapters in one day! Not that I'm complaining! :P

Martha and Jack are moving really fast, aren't they? :)

I love Lucas' poem. It's so beautiful! :wub:

I'm glad Sam was so understanding.

Lucas is fine. That's a relief!

Can't wait to read the next chapters.

Chapter 9

Martha and Jack continued to live married life blissfully.

Six Months Later

“Don’t forget your lunch Jack,” she said handing him the brown paper bag in which she had put his lunch. “Thanks babe,” he said kissing her gently goodbye. “See you when I get home." When she had finished tidying up, Martha sat down she was feeling unwell. She figured it was all the double shifts she’d been working since Cassie went on her trip around Europe with Matilda after they’d finished year 12. She didn’t feel any better so after awhile she decided to lay down.

It was becoming part of her daily ritual. Jack had told her to go to the doctors, but Martha wouldn’t she didn’t think there was anything wrong with, she was just rundown that was all. Then all of a sudden that morning when she was lying down it dawned on her.

“Is Jack there?” she asked clutching the telephone to her ear.

“Yeah, he just got back from a callout; I’ll put him on the phone Martha.” The voice on the other end said.

“Hello,” the strong masculine voice said, “What’s up Martha?”

“Jack….” She paused before continuing, “I think I’m pregnant,”

“You mean he said, I’m going to be a Dad,” Jack said excitedly. Then Jack stopped to think, “Are you going to be alright he said, I mean you know after what happened last time?”

“Ok course Jack, this time I know for sure that it is the right thing, in fact I’m going to make an appointment right now.” Martha said.

Chapter 10

“Surprise” Yelled Sally, as Martha and Jack walked into the room, full of people. The room was decorated for a party and whether they wanted it or not Martha and Jack were going to get one.

Word had got around quickly, Jack and Martha couldn’t have been more thrilled, things were finally going perfectly for them, everything was slotting into place just the way they had hopped it would, after all this time, it wouldn’t be long and there would just be Jack, Martha and their little bundle of joy; Beckah if it was a girl or Kayden if it was a boy. That was what Martha was settled on anyway, Jack was leaning more towards Kiri for a girl and Cooper for a boy. Eventually they decided when the time come they would choose the name.

“You didn’t have to do this,” Martha and Jack said weaving their way through the crowd. That’s what they loved about Summer Bay; everyone was so close, so you always had someone to lean on if something went wrong. Lately though the Bay had been quite, it had calmed down, nothing much had been happening, no disasters since the one at the Campbell’s farm. Everything good seemed to be happening, not just for Martha and Jack but everyone. Rachel had finally found happiness again, Hugh had come back from his overseas stint, Sally and Brad managed to sort their differences out and Jazz had high-tailed it out of the bay leaving Drew happy, even Colleen was happy after she beat Madge in the Lawn Bowls Championship.

“I can’t believe it,” said Tony, “I’m finally going to have my own grandchild.”

Nobody was more excited then Tony, he couldn’t wait, he’d gone out and purchased a blue teddy bear as well as a pink one, just so he was prepared for when the baby was born.

Jack and Martha were overwhelmed with all the presents they had gotten for the baby. They were surprised how many people had turned out to the surprise baby shower that Sally had planned, it seemed as if everyone in summer bay was there.

“There’s one more surprise,” said a voice in the background. Martha and Jack turned around to see Tash and Robbie standing with Ella in the corner.

“Oh, my gosh,” said Martha, “What are you doing here?”

“We needed a holiday and this was the perfect excuse,” Tash said.

“Where’s Maddy,” Robbie asked, ignoring the girls as tehy chatted.

“She abandoned us mate,” Ric said, “She’s still backpacking around Europe with Cass.”

When the party finally wound down Jack, Martha, Tash and Robbie went to the diner for a coffee and caught up on what they had missed.

Chapter 11

When Robbie and Tash had finally gone home they but their energy into setting up the flat for when the baby arrived.

“Hey, keep that paint on the walls and not on me,” Martha said, “I don’t want to be pink and purple for the rest of my life.”

They’d decided on a name with minimal arguing after finding out it would be little girl, Beckah Jayde, she’d be their little baby.

They were excited, everyone said how beautiful she’d be, and they agreed because no matter what she looked like in their eyes she’d be beautiful.

Martha’s pregnancy was the textbook one right down to the birth. When the babyfinally arrived they couldn’t have been more estatic.

“Mr and Mrs Holden, heres your little girl,” the doctor said placing her on Martha’s chest. “She’s beautiful,” Jack said, stroking her gently “She’s so tiny, she looks so breakable.”

“She’s better than beautiful,” Martha said, “And she’s part of our little family.”

As the word got around, the well wishers grew, all coming to wish their little baby well.

“Where’s my little niece,” Lucas said holding a huge teddy bear and balloon, Ric trailing behind was carrying the biggest bunch of flowers. In fact they had received so many flowers and teddy bears they almost needed a new room. “She’s perfect,” said Lucas, “She sure is,” Ric said.

Perfect, there was no word better to describe it, Martha, Jack and little Beckah, the adorably perfect family.

Hey guys sorry it took so long, i've been busy and have had no idea waht to write but here it is.

Chapter 12

The two parents sat down on the couch, exhausted after a long days work, ever since Beckah had arrived their life especially Martha’s had seemed to be a blur of sleepless nights, feeding times, nappy changes, cries and check ups with the district nurse. But they wouldn’t have it any other way. The gorgeous baby they had just laid to sleep was worth it though, she’s made such an impact on both their lives that they actually began to wonder what they did without her. It was hard on them though especially when Jack worked evening shifts at the police station, as during the say they’d spend their whole time looking after Beckah or in Martha’s case sleeping just like Beckah to make up for what she had missed the evening before. Without the evenings together they barely had any time to just them, as they were previously accustomed to. It wasn’t just them anymore though it was Beckah. This time around in their relationship they were a lot more mature and were able to deal with what the first time around was the be all to end all, they were wiser and as hard as it was to believe neither of them were as stubborn as they used to be.

“Bring Bring, Bring Bring,”

“Hello, Constable Jack Holden Speaking,”

“Oh, Hi,” Jack said to the voice on the other end.

“Is their anyway I can help you with that?” He asked the gentlemen who had identified himself as a solicitor.

“Dead, what’s her Will got to do with me?’ He asked now a little worried.

“Custody of Rory to me, yes I knew about that but surely she would have change that, we broke up over a year ago, when she left Summer Bay,”

“I do know the exact date.”

“She died that day…” Jack said stunned.

“Why am I only finding out now about Rory, I mean Sam being dead, the Will everything?”

“You only sorted it all out now, look I have to go can I please discuss this in the morning when I’ve slept on it?”

“Thank-you sir.” He said as he pressed the red button.

“What was that about?” Martha asked.

Archived