Neigbours star fined after crash

Guest **Julie**

Neighbours star fined after crash

Herald Sun

August 04, 2007

NEIGHBOURS star Carla Bonner has been convicted and fined $1000 after crashing into a car and giving a false name and address.

Bonner, 34, reversed her Jeep Laredo into another car at Knox City shopping centre on July 10 and gave the driver a friend's name and address.

The crash caused extensive damage to the other vehicle, a Holden Barina, which had to be towed.

Dandenong Magistrates' Court heard Bonner, of Belgrave, was driving without a valid licence at the time of the crash.

Bonner, who plays mechanic Stephanie Hoyland in the long-running soap, yesterday pleaded guilty to failing to give a name and address, reversing when unsafe and unlicensed driving.

An additional charge of careless driving was struck out.

The mother of two avoided court after pleading guilty via a letter lodged to the court by her lawyers.

Magistrate Fiona Stewart said Bonner had taken steps to rectify her actions.

"I take into account the damage to the vehicle has been paid for," Ms Stewart said.

"I take into account that while charged with unlicensed driving, the defendant was actually driving with a licence that had not been renewed."

Wonder how the person who car she crashed into didn't realize who she was, but then again there are hundreds of actors who might not be noticed until long after they are gone.

Hmm, I wonder how many people actually have done that? (Some probably just drive off fast as they can), but a 1000$ doesn't seem that much if you are an actress, unless carla gets underpaid?

Archived