Neighbours a family orientated show or kids?

Guest simmins

I have been watching Neighbours since the begining, I have enjoyed the characters like Harold & Madge, Mrs Mangle, Lou Carpenter, Paul and Gail Robinson in the 80s.

Over the years many of us have grown to love Karl & Susan and Libby Kennedy and Izzy Hoyland.

But I have clearly noticed that the Neighbours producers are making Neighbours into an kids orientated show.

In our househouse we (the family) watch Neighbours as a family, just like we watch Dr Who.

Recently I have lost we keenness to keep on watching Neighbours, because its not the same anymore, if you have noticed Neighbours viewing figures have gone down from 3 million to 2.1 million.

To be honest Im not really sure nor happy about its move to FIVE. as viewing figures will probably decrease to 1.1 million compared to an average 6 million on the BBC.

I really hope when its comes to FIVE, its not going to be completely ruined and it remains FAMILY orientated show and not kids orientated show.

What to do think?

• 5 months later...

I have been watching Neighbours since the begining, I have enjoyed the characters like Harold & Madge, Mrs Mangle, Lou Carpenter, Paul and Gail Robinson in the 80s.

Over the years many of us have grown to love Karl & Susan and Libby Kennedy and Izzy Hoyland.

But I have clearly noticed that the Neighbours producers are making Neighbours into an kids orientated show.

In our househouse we (the family) watch Neighbours as a family, just like we watch Dr Who.

Recently I have lost we keenness to keep on watching Neighbours, because its not the same anymore, if you have noticed Neighbours viewing figures have gone down from 3 million to 2.1 million.

To be honest Im not really sure nor happy about its move to FIVE. as viewing figures will probably decrease to 1.1 million compared to an average 6 million on the BBC.

I really hope when its comes to FIVE, its not going to be completely ruined and it remains FAMILY orientated show and not kids orientated show.

What to do think?

What evidence do you have of this? Tackling subjects such as the effects of MS on one of it's older and most popular residents is hardly aiming towards the kids now, is it? Plus thwe whole point of the back to basics emphasis automatically means that it is going back to it's family roots and has done so successfully.

It seems that some people may never be happy.

And Neighbours has not at any point this year achieved 3 million per showing consistantly and hasn't in the past couple of years either. It still achieves between 4-5 million per day despite it's timeslot change so I don't even know what you're going on about there.

The proportion of teenagers on Neighbours is about the same as the proportion of late-30s-50s characters. So I wouldn't say that it's becoming less family oriented. Home and Away, by contrast, has more than twice as many teenagers as 40+ characters, so that one is kid-oriented. But it's supposed to be.

Archived