All That I Want Is All That You Are

Guest xchazx

Chapter 3

It is the morning after the night before. It is 10:30 am Mattie has just been woken up by her phone vibrating.

Mattie's P.O.V.

Buzzzz,Buzzzz! I wake up and start to remember last night a smile appears all over my face. I am so happy I could burst. I have wanted to be with Luc since our eyes first met. he's so kind and gentle and caring, he is just perfect.

Buzzzz,Buzzzz! My phone goes again. I lean over

Cass...Hi mattie, hope everythink went ok last nyt n hope dat u undastand y i did wat i did. me n ric @ da beach u wanna join us tb lv ya xcx

aww, beach sounds great I can invite Luc too. Our first proper outing as a couple. Im really excited now...

Just text Cass back. I am meetin her and Ric at 11 am Luc is coming here at 10-55 am.that gives me just under half an hour to get ready.

25 minutes later...

'Knock Knock', the door goes.

'Come in Luc, you can wait in the lounge I will be out in a sec' I shout.

I hear the door close, which means he must be in the lounge. Just knowing that he is a few feet away gives me butterflies.

'ready Luc!!' I shout as I walk out of my bedroom.

He walks upto me and pulls me in, he then kisses me. He tastes fantastic and the feel of his lips on mine is incredible. he finally pulls away.

'Morning Mattie' he says cheekily.

I just smile.

'Lets go Luc' i say.

We walk out and I lock the house up. we walk down the drive and he grabs my hand and entwines our fingers.

we are walking past the surf club and we go past a group of girls that are in our year there known as the 'untouchables'. There a bunch of bitches there all really pretty and they know it. Luc drops my hands doesn't say a word and looks the othe way, as we go past them and he walks faster. Why did he do that? Am I that much of an embarassment? Am I that ugly?

We are now further on and he tries to take my hand again.

'What now you want to hold my hand and be seen out with me!!' I shout.

'What?' He asks. Is he for real? Did he think that I would just not ntoice what he just did.

'I didn't realise I was such an embarassment to you. I know I'm not as pretty as them but I thought as I am supposed to be your girlfriend, that you wouldn't be so embarassed being with me infront of them. I new you weren't for real. Nothing ever goes my way I new this wouldn't work!!SCrew you Lucas Holden!!' i scream at the top of my lungs.

'Mattie it wasn't the girls!!It was my Dad. He doesn't know about us and I don't want him to find out. Not because I'm embarassed about you but because he will start getting on my back, he will start giving me embarassing talks and will just be a complete arse about the whole thing!!' he replies.

He must be lying I didn't see his dad. 'I didnt see your dad Lucas! I thought I at least meant something to you!!' I can't believe he tried tp use his dad.

'Mattie I swear, you don't know him like I do.I do care about you more than you think.Why would I be embarassed your perfect in everyway.It's just my dad is weird when it comes to girlfriends, he will want to meet you and I am just afraid that he will put you off me...'

'What.That is just stupid, Luc why would your dad put you off me, is that all you think of me?' i snap instantly I feel bad I shouldnt have said that.

'What you mean stupid like you thinkin that I was embarassed of you ? That kind of stupid' he snaps back. I think I've really upset him.

'I'm sorry Luc.It's just come on it looked suss, I didn't see your dad and you of all people know how I feel about those'Untouchables'. I just find it really hard to trust anyone I know I'm not confident or pretty like them and when you kind of disowned I just thought well you know. All the bpys would rather go out with one of them than someone like me. Luc you would be better off with one of them.I'm not what you deserve and I don't deserve you' 'I'm sorry Luc, I really am'

'No Mattie, I don't want any of them I just want you!You are perfect for me and we deserve each other.I would pick you over any of them any day!1How can I prove to you that it's you that I want and that I'm not embarassed and that i want to show you to the whole world including the untouchables that i am proud to call you my girlfriend' is he serious, I don't think I could stand it if he isn't.

'I'm sorry Luc, I didn't mean to not trust you or anything, you should have just said about your dad.Luc we have to be honest Luc.Do you think i'm stupid and like weird now? I still don't know if we should be together are you sure you want me when you could have a really pretty girl from the 'untouchables' Don't be with me because you don't want to dump me and hurt me.Please Luc!!' I must sound so pathetic.

' No of course not Mattie! I want to be ith you.I don't want any of the 'untouchables' I want you!! Tell me what I can do.I'll do anything to prove that I'm not embarassed and that I want you not them 'untouchables'' he practically begs me.

I begin to cry I'm so confused, I really really like Luc but what if he doesn't mean what he says.

'Im' sorry Luc, forgive me I didnt mean to act like that it's just I like you so much and ...' i say through my tears. I look at him he looks sad.

'Mattie it wasn't your fault, come here!!' he grabs me and pulls me into his masculine arms i lean on his chest, the smell of his aftershave is so soothing.

'So do you think we can get to th beach now?' he asks.

I wipe my tears and grab him I pull him towards me and our lips meet. I kiss him with all the passion I have. we break off and he just holds me in his arms

I look behind Luc and notice that the the untouchables have started to walk towards us. I am not really bothered about them at this moment in time. They come just behind us.

'Hey Luc' Sara says, she is the bitchiest one of all.

'Hi there Sara' Luc replies.

'Please Luc don't tell me that is your girlfriend?She is so ugly....

Luc's P.O.V.

'Please Luc don't tell me that is your girlfriend?She is so ugly....

'Well what if she is, what does it really matter to you?' i reply.

'Well because Luc, you could do so much better. You could get with someone like me. Come on Luc me or her there really is no contest.Do you want to come to the beach with me?' she asks.

Sara pushes Mattie out of the way and grabs my hand.I look at Mattie and I can see the hurt in her eyes.

I push Sara off.

"Actually I already have plans I'm goin to the beach with my grienda and my girlfriend Mattie' I grab Mattie and place my arms and hands protectively around her waist.

"What!!You would rather go out with that skank than me you will... I have to cut her off

'Actually Mattie is not a skank, she is beautiful, intelligent, kind, thoughtful and I would chose her over you any day of the week. Mattie is incredible and makes you look like nothing. She is twice as gorgeous and amazing as you.Now if you don't mind me and my girlfriend would like some peace and would like to get to the beach to meet our friends!' Sara's face is incredible, I can't believe I just did that.

'You'll regret that Lucas just you wait' she says evily. Her and her friends storm past us.

'Luc that was incredible!! Thankyou, do you really think that of me?' mattie says.

'Yah Mattie I do, i think your incredible!!So now do you think we can still be together?' i ask.

'Of course' she replies adn before I can say anything she kisses me It's immense, I've never felt like this before.I'm getting goose bumps, all this from one kiss. I think I love her!!

I pull away, she looks hurt. I grap her and hold her tight.

'Mattie come on we have to get to the beach, Ric and Cass will be wondering were we are.'

She pulls away and smiles 'If we must'.

I grab her hand and our fingers entwine once again...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 4

I grab her hand and our fingers entwine once again...

Mattie & Luc finally met cass at the beach.They have explained what happened. They are relaxing, lying on the beach it goes Ric, Cass, Mattie and then Luc. The boys have just suggested that they all go for a swim. The girls don't want to...

Mattie's P.O.V.

'Luc can't we just stay here please. Why do we have to move?' I ask sweetly.

'Because Mattie, it will cool us down and will give us soemthing to do.' he gives me his puppy dog eyes.

'Well I would come but I can't leave Cass here can I?' I reply with a smile.

'Right you have asked for it! Come on Ric you pick cass up and I'll grab Mattie' he says. He woudln't would he? He grabs me i pu my arms around his necka nd start to kiss him, 'can't we just stay here like this Luc?'

He pulls away and picks me up carrying me like a princees.I look up and see Ric throwing cass.

'Luc please put me down!!' I squeal.

'I can't sorry Mattie' he replies.

He runs towards the sea.

'No Luc please!!!' I shout

He walks in slowly and starts talking to Ric,'Do you mind please put me down' I say.

I can just feel the water on my back when...He plunges me under.

I go under and start to gasp for air. Luc pulls me above the water again. he tries to cuddle me, I shrug him off. I doggy paddle over to Cass, she isn't amused either.

'Come on Mattie it was only a joke' he pleads.

'Wel I'm not laughing am I Lucas' his face drops.

I turn my back on him and talk to Cass. We decide to get them back.they start to walk back to shore, the water is jus above their knee's. Tiem to get them back.

We swim up behind them and pull down their boardies and push them into the water. We then run upto were are towels and belongings are.

We sit downa dn watch them as they storm up the beach.

"Cass that was out of order...' I hear Ric rant.

'Mattie!! what do you think you were doing, you just showed my ermm...you know to the whole beach. I only dunked you in the water!! Your out of order Mattie!!' Luc looks really angry.

'I'm sorry Luc itw as only a joke. I didn't mean to upset you!' he sits down and faces the other way.

"I'm sorry Luc, come on I was just getting even. Please talk to me. I put my arms around his shoulders and my hands are on his bare chest, he pushes me off really hard.

'Owww, Luc that hurt' I moan. I just landed on my shoulder that was a well hard push.He must be really angry, what have I doen it was only a joke.

'mattie are you alryt' he asks nicely.

'Yeah thanks, are you talking to me now?' I reply.

He lies on his back and looks up t the sky, completely ignoring my question. I jump on top of him and look staright into his beautiful eyes.'I am sorry Luc, I didn't mean to upset you' I plead. He tries to look the otehr way but I grab his head and kiss him, he tries to resist slightly but gives in aftera pathetic attempt to stop kissing me. I carry on passion full flowing now, it feels so good.

He rolls me over so he is now on top. The kissing is harder and more passionate. I feel like I will burst, this feeling is incredible, Luc is incredible!!

'Put her down Luc you don't know where she has been' Ric shouts.

Luc stops and sits up, I give Ric evils, he just laughs. Luc sits me up and I shuffle between his legs, he gently places his arms around my waist, like they are there to protect me.I lean back on his chest and he starts to kiss my head and then my neck, I giggle....

Cass and Ric have just left, it is about 8-30 pm. Im still in Luc's lap and we have snuggled closer together and his arms are now tighter around my waist.

This is just perfect sitting on the beach with my boyfriend who is the boy of my dreams. The ocean is so beautiful at night.The perfect end to a day....

Chapter 5

5 weeks have passed, Luc & Mattie are stronger than ever and they only have one day left at school. They are determined to make it the most memorable week of their life. It is Thursday afternoon (6-30pm) Luc & Mattie are at their houses...

Mattie's P.O.V.

The house is so quiet now I'm hoem alone and its great.As I sit here and watch T.V. all I can think about is Luc, his smile, his soft skin and his captivating crystal blue eyes, he's perfect and he is mine I think I love. I can't imagine not neing with him, he sends shivers down my spine when he touches me, I get butterflies when I'm about to see him...

The knock of the door brings me back down to earth. I pull myself off the sofa and open the door.

'Luc what are you doing here?' I ask excitedly.

'I've come to see if you would like to go watch a movie at my house, my dad is away on a business trip and Jack is staying at Martha's, so we will have the place to ourselves. Not that it matters I didn't mean that we were...' he gets slightly embarassed.

'Luc it is ok I know you didn't I have a free house as well we can stay here or go to yours' I say bless him, he is even cuter when he is embarassed....

a while later...

'You choose Mattie' he hands me some DVD's. He has got chick flicks, I look at him weird.

"Before you say a word Mattie there not mine I hired them I thought you would prefer them to a horror movie' he says without mne even saying a word.

'Aww Luc you are so sweet, thanks' I say. He's got Mean girls, what a top movie it is my favourite one of all time.

'Mean girls Luc!We have to watch Mean girls!' I tell him.

'Ok' he puts it in and comes back and sits on the sofa...

He puts his arm around me and I snuggle into him, he then puts his other arm around my waist and onto my stoamch, I place my hand on top of his hand on my stomach and hold it, he kisses my head.

This is perfect...

2 hours later...

'Mattie,Mattie, wake up baby' I wake up to see Luc's face looking up at me, he is kneeling the floor now how did he get there with out me noticing?

'The movie has finished, you fell asleep half way through. I thought I'd leave you asleep for a while, but it is now like 8-45. I don't know when you have to be home' he tells me so caringly.

'Thanks Luc I can't believe I fell asleep' what must he think.

'I know you are so beautiful when you sleep' this guy is amazing, he doesn't even mind that I fell asleep during one of our dates.

'Would you like a drink?' he asks me, I would love to stay and have a drink but mum will be wondering where I am.

'I can't Luc, I have to go.My mum will be wondering where I am. I had a fantastic night thanks Luc' I mean it, it was perfect, even if I did fall asleep.

'Ok' he looks a bit upset.

'What's the matter Luc?' I ask full of concern.

'Nothing, it's just tomorrow is the last day of school for us together and I don't want it to affect us.It won't will it Mattie?' he is so adorable.

'No it won't.I won't let it Luc you mean to much to me.I am sorry Luc but I really have to go' I don't want to go but mum really will go mad.

'It's ok Mattie, I'll walk you home come on' he says. I only live next door.

'Luc I live next door' I can't help but laugh.

'I know but I just thought it would be nice if I could wlak you home,but if yoy don't want me to that's fine' he looks even more upset now.

'Luc I'm sorry, of course I want you to it's just I didn't think you would want to, come here' i grap him and hold him close, I didn't realise how emotional he is, it just makes me love him more.

He releases himself from me 'Thanks Mattie' he says.

'Any time, thats what I'm here for, well that and this..." I kiss him.

he breaks away 'OK Mattie lets go, otherwise you will never get home'.

He locks up and wraps his arms around my waist and awalks very slow.

'Well here we are' I say reluctantly.

'Night Luc'

"Night Mattie'

He grabs me and kisses me, he then stops and holds me close to him. He lets go and walks away. He turns back and waves, I wave back. He looks back again, he looks upset, how can I show him that nd of achool will not mean end of us and that I am serious about him. I really am in love with him, I know...I will ask him if he wants to come round to mine for tea tomorrow and he can meet my family, maybe that will ease his mind...

Chapter 6

The final day of school has just ended

Mattie is waiting for Luc at the school gates.

Mattie's P.O.V.

I can't believe it is all over, no more school/ I don't know whether to go back o school for an extra two years, go to college or get a job, I can't even think about that right now. I still haven't asked Luc about tea at mine tonight, is it such a good idea, maybe he will think it is too fast, no you what for once I am going to do something without wimping out.

'Boo' Luc shouts whilst poking me.

I squeal and jump.

'Hi to you to Lucas Holden' I say pretending to be angry.

'Sorry Mattie, was only messing around' he creeps to me.

'I know I'll forgive you if you give me a ki...' I don't even finish the word and he is already kissing me. He knows me too well.

Someone pushes past us, we stop kissing and look to see who it was, it was Sara and her mates.

'Sorry, didn't see you there' she snipes.

'Don't worry, we don't mind. We have now got all summer to do that!' Luc hits back, I instantly smile.

'what has happened to you Lucas, I thought you had taste and I thought you were a cool guy' Luc just laughs.

'I have found the girl of my dreams. I do have taste just look at my beautiful girlfriend, now if you don't mind I'd like to go home. Bye now' I start to go red, that was a little embarassing, it was sweet though, what he said anout me.

We walk off holding hands. I think the time is right to ask him.

'Luc I was just wondering if you wanted to.. If you don't you don't have it's just I thought maybe you would like to so that you know that I am serious.' I am mumbling and I know it.

'What Mattie?' he asks.

'Do you want to come to mine for tea and meet my faily, you can say no I won't be affened, a little upset maybe but it is alright, I know it is a big step but after last might I just want to prove to you that things won't change between us because we are not at school and I think you meeting my family is the best way I can prove that to you' I let out a big breath and wait for his response.

'Are you serious Mattie of course I would like to. Why wouldn't I, only if you are sure though.I wasn't angling for anything when i said that to you last might you do know that don't you' he says defensively yet happily.

'Of course I know that silly I had been thinking about asking you to meet them for a while, but seeing how you were last might made my mind up so to speak' I tell him.

'Ok what time?' he responds enthusiastically.

'Say 6-30 at my house' I smile with joy, it may seem petty but this is a big step. I have never taken home a boyfriend before.

'Ok see you then, I have got to go Mattie, but I will see you at 6-30, Bye!' he shouts as he runs off.

I walk home and arrange everything with mum. I had metioned it to her last might when I got in. she was happy and can't wait to meet him.

Later that day...

knock knock 'Ill get it' I shout, it must be Luc. My house is full.There's Rob & Tash, Mum, Kim& Rachel, although Kim & rach aren't actually family they might aswell be.

'Hey Luc, come in' I say excitedly, he looks nervous bless him. He kisses me on the cheel and comes in.

'Right Luc there's my brother Rob and his wife Tash' I point at them, 'Then over there is Kim & rachel, Kim is Rob's best mate and rachel is Kim's fiancee, she is also a good listener I sometimes ring her and we chat for hours it drives Kim mad wicked' ,I look at Rach and she laughs, 'Then finally we have my mum,Beth, she is fantastic and I don't know what I'd do without her' 'everyone this is Luc'

they all reply in union 'Hi Luc'.

'Hi' he replies quietly, he looks lsighly less nervous.

'Dinner is served' mum shouts.

We all crowd around the table.Rob next to Tash, Kim next to Rachel, me next to Luc and mum on the end.

'So Luc, what are your intentions for our Mattie then?' Kim asks, Luc goes red.

'well....I....errrr' he stuuters.

'Kim leave the poor boy alone' mum says and laughs.

'Chill out Luc, we aren't scary and we you have no need to be nervous' Rob says.

Luc looks at me I laugh. 'Luc calm down, they are ok' I tell him.

'I grab his hand under the table and squeeze it affectionately to let him knw that I'm here.

'Sorry' Luc says..."i'm just a bit nervous, I have never met a girlfriends parents before' he smiles and looks at me...

an hour later...

This is going quite well.Luc seems to be a little pre occupied.

'How about we go and watch T.V.' Rach suggests.

Kim and Rob Grab both armchairs, Rach and Tash sit on their partners laps. I grab Luc's hand and lead him to the sofa. Luc sits next to the arm of the sofa and I sit next to him. Mum is in the kitchen laoding the dishwasher.

I snuggle into luc and he rests his hand on my leg

'Beth you wanna watch these two, look at that he has his hand on your daughters leg!!' Kim shouts. I see Rachel hit him.

Me and Luc both go red with embarassment, I could kick kim for that. Luc removes his hand quickly.

'Shut it Kim! Leave them alone, they aren't doing any harm. You forget Kimberly what I told youu earlier. If you don't behave tonight then you will be sleeping on the sofa. So I think a hand on the leg is the least of your worries!!'rachel tells him, his face drops. She looks at me and alughs

i mime 'thanks Rach' she mimes back 'anytime sweetie' thankgod she is here I don't know how we would have gotten out of that one.

Mum comes and sits down next to me and Luc pushes me away so that we are not touching. I didn't realise how embarassed he was. There is something up with him. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Maybe he has realised he doesn't want to be with me. I have to ask him but I can't now not infron of them.

Half an hour later.

'I have got to go now, thankyou for the meal Mrs Hunter' Luc says.

'Call me Beth please. It was nice to meet you to Lucas.Maybe I will see you tomorrow.'

'Maybe, bye everyone thaks, goodnight' he says. I have to find out what is wrong.

'I'll coem with you Luc I need my ipod I left it in your bag earlier at school' his face looks blank.

'Ok come on then' he says.

'Cya in a minute mum' I say before walking out the door.

Luc's P.O.V.

We get outside Mattie's, I wonder why she lied.

'Mattie you didn't leave your ipod in my bag' I say as i open my front door.

'I know Luc but I wanted to talk to you privately' oh no maybe she doesn't want to be with me anymore. I love her and I was going to tell her but now I don't think I should.

'Ok, Mattie' I say.

'So what was up with you tonight Luc, you were acting odd and you pushed me away when my mum came to sit down. Have you gone off me? Meeting my family was too serious for you? Please Luc tell me?' Oh no I have got her worried, I love I haven't gone off her I have to tell and put her mind at rest.

'Well I was just embarassed, your mum didn't want to see me with my hands all over you and I haven't gone off you.How could you think that?' I have to tell her...

"the reson I have been acting odd is because I want to tell you something important but don't know if i should' Her face is overcome with worry.

'Just tell me Luc please...' she begs, here goes then.

'Welll Mattie the truth is I...I love you' I let out a sigh, at least she knows now.

'Really Luc? why didn't you just say. I thought it was something bad' at least I haven't scared her off.

'I know Mattie and I'm sorry I just didn't want to scare you or anything' I tell her honestly.

'Scare me? It doesn't scare me, it is fantastic because Luc I love you aswell.I've known for a while but like you I didn't want to scare you or freak you out' she replies. My heart could burst I am so happy. It was good that she didn't freak when I told her never mind her say it back. I can tell she means it. I grab her and kiss her with all the passion I have.

The door Burst's open

'Luc, are you...' oh no it's my dad.

'What is going on here!!!!'he shouts. I look at Mattie, she looks scared. I hold her tighly. I have to tell him.

'Dad, this is my girlfriend Mattie' His face errupts with anger.

'You waited till you had a free house and invited her here didn't you!!I thought I could trust you Luc. the moment my back is turned you bring some easy slut into my house. How dare you...' he is out of order how dare he speak about Mattie like that.

'She is not easy or a slut, she is beautiful and intelligent and I love her dad I really do' I don't care what he says or does he is not going to stop me seeing her.

I grab Mattie and pull her behind me she looks scared and upset.I can't have her watch or hear this.

"dad Mattie is about to go, you can argue with me but you are not doing it infront of Mattie she has done nothing wrong' he looks even angrier.

'I walk her to the door. 'I am really sorry Mattie, He wasn't due back until tomorrow, I will speak to you tomorrow I love you Mattie' I tell her.

"ok Luc, I love you to' she replies my heart beats faster. I kiss her and then she walks and enters her house.

'So Luc do you mind explaining exactly what is going on?' my da asks.

'Well. Me and Mattie have been going out for almost two months now. I'd had been round hers and met he family. WE had a meal and watched T.V. Then Mattie came here and I told her I loved her and she told me tyhat she loved me aswell, then we kissed and you walked in. I know you might think that i am too young but I love her dad I have never felt like this before, she is incredible' i look at him h elooks calm.

'You wouldn't lie to me Luc would you.I didn't mean to over react but since Jack got that girl pregnant when they were 15 I have always vowed that you would not do the same. You aren't sleeping with her are you?' I am offended that he would ask.

'No! Dad we are not having sex!' I shout.

'Alright, Luc I'm sorry. I had to ask though.' did he really have to ask.

'Do you think that low of me and Mattie. Mattie isn' like that, that is one of the reasons I love her so much.' I don't care how many times I say those words, they are true and maybe my dad will realise how much she means to me.

'Ok Luc I get it.I am sorry, I've had a bad few days and I am stressed and it is your mother's aniversary tomorrow, I must apologise to mattie I shouldn't have called her what I did. Ask her to come round now Luc' it is quite late, but he is making an effort.

5 minutes later, Mattie arrives at the door.

'Hi Mattie I'm sorry about the way I reacted. I was wondering if you would like to come to the cemetray with myslef and Luc tomorrow. To visit his mother's grave. She died when Luc was 2 I can't believe it has been 14 years' I never expected dad to ask her that. I haven't spoken to Mattie about my mum because there sin't much to say I can't really remember her.

'Are you sure you want me there Mr Holden?' she is so polite and caring. I want her there now.

'Of course, Luc has told me how he feels about you and I'm sure you would be a great support to him' maybe my dad has realised how I feel.

'Ok only if you are sure'

'Positive, well I will leave you two to talk, I'm off for a shower, bye Mattie' my dad shouts as he goes off to the bathroom.

'Luc you never told me about you mum?' she says so caringly that I just want to hold her in my arms and protect her.

'well...

I explain to her why I didn't mention it, what happened and tell her that I do really want her there tomorrow.

'I am sorry i didn't tell you' I tell her.

'Luc it is ok, I will be with you tomorrow that's all that matters' she is incredible.

'come here' i grab her gently kiss her on her lips and then just hold her tightly.

I am so glad she will be with me tomorrow it is a hard day.

'Thankyou Mattie, I will see you tomorrow...

Chapter 7

Tomorrow is now today!

Luc's P.O.V.

'Beep,beep' I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I feel quite nervous in a way.

I am also tired, I can never sleep the night before her anniversary. I never really new my mum, I don't really remember her much either, but I know that I wish she was still around. The only memory I have is a few months before she died. We went on holiday. Dad brought a blow up boat and mum pulled me around in the water, she would just pull me around for hours and she was the only one I trusted, if dad or Jack came to take over I would cry I only wanted my mummy. It sounds so stupid but it is the last thing I remember about her. Dad never really got over losing her, I remember when I was about 8, I heard my dad crying himself to sleep and I crept in and told him not to cry because mummy was watching us and that she wouldn't want to see us upset. It was after she died that me, Jack and Dad virtually became inserperable, until Jack got a girlfriend that is he was about 14 he used to spend all his time with her and then the whole pregnancy issue that is why I didn't want dad to see me with Mattie, not until it was really serious. He doesn't want me to end up like Jack did...

I spose I had better get up it is not 8-30 Mattie will be here in half an hour, I'm so glad that my dad has accepted her and that she will be there today.I'm off for a shower...

half an hour later...

'Luc, Mattie is here!!!' dad shouts.

'Ok, dad coming' ...

Mattie's P.O.V.

'Hi Mr Holden' I say politely.

'Oh hello, come in if you must' he smiles and I sigh, thanking god that he was joking.

'Ok' I reply.

'Luc, Matilda is here!' he shouts. 'Thankyou Matilda, I know how much it means to Luc that you are here.

'Hey Mattie, are you sure you want to come?' he asks me.

'Of course I want to be there for you, to support you. If you'd rather I didn't that is fine' I ask him waiting for reassurance as to whether or not I should be here.

'Of course I want you there.I just wanted to make sure you weer Ok with coming'

aww he is so caring.

'Right come on lets go, Jack is meeting us there' his dad requests.

We walk out to the car I hold Luc's hand tightly, just so that he knows I'm here.

We get in the car and drive to the cemetary.

We meet Jack and Martha, Martha smiles at me Jack on the other hand turns to Luc's dad "what is she doing here?' he asks refering to me.

'Your brother wanted her here, just like you wanted Martha here.' His dad replies.

'That's different, me and Martha are serious, this is nothing more than lust. I can't believe you dad, letting her (he point's at me) come to our mothers grave.' Jack tells his father. I feel awful, I shouldn't have come, I didn't want to upset anyone.

'Jack shut up, it is not lust we love each other and I have very right to bring my girlfriend here jsut like you have now drop it' Luc snaps. Martha mime's 'Im sorry about him' I mime back 'Don't worry'and then we all walk towards the grave. Luc's dad walks infront with Jack and Martha they all have flowers, me and Luc just follow.

'I squeeze Luc's hand and he turns and smiles.

'I'm sorry about him Mattie. Thanks Mattie it means alot that you are here with me. I may well cry, I don't want to and I'm sorry if you think I'm pathetic...'I cut him off.

'Don't be silly, You cry all you want I know what its like to lose a parent, my dad died. Every year when we visit his grave I cry more than I ever have. So you go righ t ahead. I won't think less of you I will think more.Never be afraid of showing emotions Luc, it is what makes us human after all' I tell him from my heart.

'Oh Matte , I had no idea.Thankyou, I don't know what I would do without you' I don't know what I'd do without him either. He grabs me and holds me tight I hold hi, tighly aswell so that he knows I'm here for him.

'Luc hurry up!' Jack shouts.

I grab Luc's hand and we catch up with them. We arrive at the grave. Teh headstone is truly beautiful. A white cross witha dove abou to tak flight on top of it. A picture of her face in the middle and a small message' May the dove's flight carry your soul but not your spirit.R.I.P. dearest wife and mother' it is truly beautiful and so was she by the looks of her picture.

Luc's dad, Jack and Martha place the flowers around the grave.

'I would like to say a few words' Luc's dad says.

Luc drops my hand and stands behind me, he puts his arms firmly around my waist and holds both my hands with his, he kisses my head and waits for his dads speech.

'Kate was...' we stand and listen.Luc's dad starts crying, then Jack, then Martha. Then I hear Luc's cries behind me. I turn around and hold him tightly. I begin to cry myself, it brings back memories of my dad and his death.

'Go hug your dad Luc, he needs you' I tell him.

'No Mattie I just want to hold you' he tells me, its sweet but his dad needs him.

'Luc go, please I'll be just over here, your dad needs you Luc' I watch as he approaches his dad.

His dad grabs him and holds him tighly, I dry my eyes.

I look again at Luc and his dad, his dad looks up and waves me to come to him. I don't know if I should, but I walk over anyway.

'Come her Mattie' his dads grabs me and I hug him and Luc. I turn to see Jack shaking his head.

"Martha thats not right, she is nothing to us, she shoudln't even be here' I hear Jack say.

'Jack will you leave it!!' Luc's dad shouts.

'Do you not think that tjis is hard enough without you starting, Matilda is here and I am glad she is now just leave it' oh no I have caused trouble now.

Jack storms off.'I'm sorry everyone, I'll sort him out bye' Martha says and runs after him.

'Matilda I am sorry about his behaviour he as no right, no right at all!' Luc's dad is so nice.

'It is ok Mr Holden don't worry.' I tell.

'Please call me Tony.' he says.

'Right come on, lets go' Tony says, we walk to the car and make our way home.

We get back to Luc's house.

'thankyou again Matilda, I know what a comfort it was for Luc to have you here. I am going for a lie down I didn't get much sleep last night as you can imagine, I will cook us all some dinner att about 5pm, you willjoin us Matilda I insist' I feel so sorry for him.

'Ok thankyou Tony' I don't want to be a pain be he did insist so I think I will.

'Right Mattie what do you want to do. It is 1-45. You decide' he asks me.

'Well how about we go to your room and talk about everything. It may seem stupid, but on my dads anniversary, I now talk to Rach about everything. We have done it the last two years. It really helps Luc.'I tell him trying to persuade him. I don't want him to bottle things up.

'Errrm ok.Will you tell about your dad and what happened' he asks

'Yes, I will try' I tell him honestly.

3 hours later...

We are lying on Luc's bed. I have told him about my dad and all my family. he has told me more abu his family, we have discussed the world, our dreams, our ambitions. We talked about everything.

He pulls me in closer. 'Mattie I really love you, I don't know what I would do without you. I am never going to let anyone hurt you or upset you' he tells me, he is wonderful. I really don't know if I could cope without him.He is my life now.

'I love you so much aswell Luc.I dont know hat I'd do if anything happened to you, you are my world. I feel like I can do anything when I'm with you. You are incredible' I tell him and mean every word.

'Oh Mattie' he rolls over ontop of me and kisses me, more passionate than ever before, this feeling is incredible, I hope I am with him forever...

Luc's P.O.V.

'Luc!!!Matilda!' dad shouts. We stop kissing.

'Coming!' I reply.

I grab her hand and lead her out to the lounge. I am angry to see Jack there. Martha is with him.

'Not again dad! I thought you said it was a family meal. She is not family and doesn't belong here.' Jack has started again, does he not know when to shut up.

'Jack, shut up. She is my girlfriend and has as much right to be here as Martha and you and dad have to be here. I don't even see what your problem is. She is fantastic and beautiful. She makes me happy and I love her' I shout at Jack. Mattie stands behind me trying not to get scared by Jack.

'My problem is she is not family and you haven't been together very long, she is probably taking advantage of you. You think its love beacuse she has taken your virginity. She is just some whore you picked up at school and who you shag and think it is love' what teh hell does he know? Who the hell does he think he is. Hpw dare he speak abou Mattie in that way. He hsa no right to judge her at all.

He looks at Mattie. 'You are just some whore from school, he will get bored because you aren't much really are you. Why don't you just get out of this house and find some other poor person to screw, you little slapper!!' thats it. I smack Jack in the jaw, I am so angry! I go to swing at him again, but Mattie tries to stop me and I elbow her in the face, she falls the floor in pain...what have I done?

I turn around to see Mattie heaped on the floor holding her cheek. I lean down to talk to her but she cowers away.oh no she is scared of me.

'Mattie I am sorry, I never meant to hurt you I am sorry' I pleade to her.

'Luc come out the way' Martha tells me. She has got frozen peas, wrapped them in a towel and is about to help Mattie. She lifts her onto the sofa and places them on Mattie's cheek.What have I done?

I look back round at Jack. He is now stood up. He is bleeding, I must have cut his lip. He looks at Mattie and smiles. he is sick, truely sick. I can't let him do that. I punch him again. He isn't expecting it and falls to the floor, I kick him a number of times, in the gut. He winces in pain. I want to carry on but I hear Mattie, cry out.

'Luc no please stop, Luc please just stop' oh no I have scared her even more.

Dad rushes over and helps Jack up. 'Martha love take Jack outside to cool off will you love thanks' dad asks her.

'I'll get you an cie pack Jack' dad goes to the freezer then joisn jack and Martha outside. I can hear dad shouting at Jack from here. I turn to look at Mattie. I can't believe what I have done.

I go and sit next to Mattie. I touch her hand but she pushes me away.

'Mattie I am sorry, I would never hurt you, he was way out of order and he needed to be stopped. The things he was saying, they were disgusting. I didn't know what else to do.i know that is not an excuse but I won't have him speak about you like that. I won't nobody talks abou you like that!!Not even Jack!!' I tell her, trying to make her understand. I can't believe what i did. I promised her that i would never let anyone hurt or upset her and I have managed to do both to her myself. I don't deserve her.

'Mattie, you should go. I am sorry and I understand that you don't want to be with me. So I think you should go before I hurt you anymore. I am truely sorry mattie more than you will ever know, I promise you that now. I promised you that I would not let anyone hurt or upset you. I have done both and that I can never be forgiven for. Please Mattie just go. I will walk you hoem and explain to your mum, what happened. I am sorry Mattie, I really am' I start crying, how could I be so stupid? I have just ruined the best thing in my life. I look at her.

'Luc I don't want to finish with you, I love you too much. It wasn't your fault, you were stopping me getting hurt or upset, that's why you did it. I am not saying tha is right but I know why you did it. Come here Luc' I continue to cry. I am so pleaased that she still wants me.

I pull her as close as I can. She winces in pain as her cheek touches my shoulder.

'Sorry Mattie' I look at her cheek. it looks really red and sore. I did that to her.

'Luc it is alryt, it is just sore when you press against it.Now come here' she pulls my top and I lean forward to kiss her. I kiss her tenderly not wanting to hurt her. She kisses me more forcefully but I pull away, she looks hurt.

'Mattie I don't want to hurt you. Can I just hold you instead.' I don't give her the chance to say no, i just pull her clsoe, put the ice back on her cheek and hold her.

5 minutes later dad, Jack and Martha walk in. Mattie sits up.

'I am sorry Matilda' Jack says without meaning it.

'It's ok Jack. Can we just forget abou it?' she is so forgiving, unfortunately I am not.

'OK' he replies.

We have dinner and then Jack and Martha leave. Dad has gone to bed. Me and Mattie are cuddled up on the sofa. Mattie has fallen asleep. I have to wake her and take her home otherwise he mum will go mad, well she will be mad enoughs when she sees Mattie's cheek and her being home late will only give her more reasons to hate me.

'Mattie, come on hunny, you have got to go home' she slowly wakes up.

I walk her to her door and knock. Her mum answers.

'What the hell happened here'

I explain to her what happened, all the while holding Mattie's hand.

'Well Lucas, I have to say I am quite shocked at your actions, but it is understandable. I am proud of the way you were sticking up for her though, i know she will be safe. Well thankyou for explaining. I am off to bed so i will leave you kids to say goodnight. See you tomorrow no doubt Lucas.' Beths mum is so understanding.

We walk to the door.

'Well I best be off then Mattie. I am really sorry about what happened. I love you, see you tomorrow. I really love you' I tell her.

'I love you to Luc, don't be sorry, it's alryt. I wish you could just stay here with me. I miss you so much' she tells me, I feel exactly the same. I kiss her tenderly she kisses back harde and I understand that she isn't getting hurt, so I respond. We stand ther for what seems like ags just kissing, then I stop and hold her tighly.

'Bye Mattie, love you' I say before walking and entering my house.

I wish Mattie was here. Maybe we will have to talk about how she can be. I will talk to her more about it tomorrow. I really want her to be the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see when I wake up.That would be perfect.....

Archived