"More character driven show"

Guest simsyboy

I think the show will re-gain the viewers who started loosing interest a few years ago, but may loose the more recent viewers who only know of Home and Away as being as it is currently. Watching the finale this year felt like I’d just tuned into the same show I watched 10 years ago!

I entirely agree. I prefer a more character driven Home and Away, not all the OTT storylines of late.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly agree that Home and Away should be more character driven. Season 17 was the best in my opinion. Lots of the storylines revolved around the characters and their relationships. The Sarah Lewis siege was great in that context because it was one drama storyline that dominated the show for weeks and was followed up.

I'd like it more like that. There are loads of great characetrs that haven't been explored enough. Some drama is great, but is more effective in moderation.

The Bevan Lee part of 2004, looking back, was very good. There were bits I didn't like and things characters did that I didn't agree with but it was all well-written and highly watchable.

I'd agree with Ryan about blowing the place up for the sake of blowing the place up. The explosion was more to put the chopper crash there and only one story's really come out of the chopper crash.

A lone disaster creates intrigue and shakes things up a bit and gives writers a goal to build-up to. A disaster every bloody week gives me disaster fatigue, to the point that I don't care that Emily's died of Lukaemia, I don't care that Matilda looks like she's been on the barbecue a bit too long, or that Drew wants to bone Amanda, or even that Amanda gets electrocuted (why? Really, just why?)

There needs to be more focus on the people rather than the events. I'd be happy if there wasn't a single explosion all throughout 2007. I'd much rather watch interesting people than places blown up.

Providing that the shows are well written I can't see why a show based around people-watching should be boring.

Archived