Xmas plans

Guest ~Angel~

Paul O’Brien (Jack Holden)

What are you doing for Christmas this year?

I’m still planning Christmas, actually. Possibly going to Melbourne to catch up with some mates there and do a little bit of work stuff – like go to a shopping centre and wrap some presents. Go and play some golf for a Jack Nicklaus tournament. Then go and see Mum and Dad, they’re in Tassie at the moment building their house, so that will be nice catching up with my sister and those guys. Otherwise, I’m actually going to stay in Sydney for the first time go and watch the fireworks and relax and go to the beach and work on my little place and paint stuff.

What do you want for Christmas?

To learn how to sing. Or maybe a bike. I know MBF’s giving them out, I saw that commercial and Santa’s standing there because no one’s asking for bikes because they’re giving them out. Probably a bike.

Best Christmas childhood memory?

Opening the presents. Actually no it was putting up the tree while listening to Santa music.

Best gift you’ve ever given someone?

My dad when I was young. I drew a picture of eggs and beans and wrote “This voucher entitle you to one free breakfast.” I thought it was great, but I wouldn’t have been able to cook it- That’s special! Should’ve given him socks.

Best gift you’ve ever received?

A skateboard.

Kate Ritchie (Sally Fletcher)

Are you going away for Xmas?

No. At this stage I’ll have Christmas at home with the family but I am planning a holiday in January.

Is it a big Christmas lunch?

It’s not, actually, we always have a smallish Christmas. I think because both my mum and my dad had big families of their own and they always lived out of Sydney so we’ve always had a really small family Christmas.

Sharni Vinson (Cassie Turner)

Christmas. Family thing?

Yep, we always do a family thing at Christmas. Everyone usually comes over to our place in the morning. Probably go to church first, in the morning, and then go out – me and my mum and my grandfather – for Christmas brekkie and then the whole family comes over and you do the lunch, the ham, food galore, drinks galore and a pool party. We live right next to the beach so I might even go and have a swim. Just relax and eat.

Anything you want for Christmas?

A guitar would be cool. An iPod – that would be good for when I’m running on the treadmill at the gym.

Jessica Tovey (Belle Taylor)

Staying in Sydney and having a big family lunch! I’m a vegetarian so that means potato salad, bean mix and home-made mango ice cream. Yum!

In Dubbo, singing songs around the piano with my Grandma.

I made a statue out of clay like an Academy Award and spray painted it gold – it was for my cousin (who is an actress). It was special because I made it myself and it was something that I guess she’s always wanted!

This doll I had been eyeing off for ages…

A Chrissie without my family getting tipsy and embarrassing me!

Lynne McGranger (Irene Roberts)

We’re headed off to Hastings in the UK to do the Pantomime (Cinderella). I’ll be playing Fairy Godmother. Christmas is fantastic there – we always eat way too much! We usually spend the day with dear friends in York who do the whole shebang: three or four meats, ten or more veggies, sauces, puddings...

Receiving a very large doll that I had wanted. The idea being that she could hold one end of the skipping rope, my sister could hold the other while I skipped!

I shouted my parents tickets to the UK about 8 years ago to come see me do the Pantomine in York. It was wonderful to be able to do something for them, since they had always been there for me. As it turned out it was to be their last trip away together as my dad became ill and passed away a few years later.

The first present I ever received from Paul, my partner of 22 years. It was a pair of amethyst earrings and a photo frame.

I want a Joyeux Noel, as in the film. For all fighting and bloodshed to cease and for people everywhere to consider the real meaning of Christmas even if they don’t believe in its origins. And a new watch.

Clarissa House (Beth)

What are you doing and more importantly, eating, for Christmas this year?

I’ll be at home with my family. What do we eat? Everything!!

Christmas morning with my parents, brother, sisters and our nanna and toasted ham sandwiches.

A trampoline for my daughter (Santa delivered it). Six year down the track she still uses it and so does her younger brother.

My daughter and son were both born very close to Christmas.

Peace.

Holly Brisley (Amanda Vale)

Spending it with my family. We always do a traditional lunch and it’s such a special day. We scoff everything from seafood, turkey, to ham; and the best vegetables and pudding in the world!

Playing in the pool with all of my cousins. I also remember the year I got a pony for Christmas. It was one of the most amazing days ever.

Last year my sister and I got all of Mum and Dad’s old footage which spanned over 40 years and edited it all into a fantastic package with music, they cried when they saw it. They hadn’t seen most of the footage in years, and the way it was all put together was amazing. They’ll be able to keep it and show it to people forever.

I have to go back to my pony. I’ll never forget how excited I was. It had a massive pink bow around its neck.

I actually haven’t even thought of it yet… hmmm, I better start! I think for now I’ll just put in an order for a happy day.

Forum Rule 13

Do NOT 'copy and paste' content from Seven's Official Home and Away Website. I have been in contact with the Online Producer of the site as to how we can try and cut this out. It is not fair on the creators and is also pointless. If you feel that a particular feature requires sensible discussion then just post a link.

Archived