Spotlight - Holly Brisley, Actress

Guest Andy

SPOTLIGHT - HOLLY BRISLEY, ACTRESS

Sunday Telegraph

6 August 2006

HOLLY BRISLEY, ACTRESS - THIS ACTRESS CAN'T WAIT TO START A FAMILY ONE DAY

AGE she's 28

LIVES on Sydney's northern beaches

PROFILE Summer Bay's latest resident vixen, Holly Brisley has been in front of the camera since the age of 16 and has worked on TV shows such as All Saints, as well as films such as Garage Days. Last year she won best actress at the New York Film Festival for her performance in The Crop. Viewers can now expect to see her as Amanda Vale on Home And Away.

I AM obsessed with Byron Bay's Brookfarm gluten-free macadamia muesli; it's a taste sensation! I add low-fat yoghurt and heaps of berries and go to bed every night dreaming of breakfast the next morning.

CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT morning walks with my husband. It's really the only chance in a busy day that we get to communicate and catch up without any interruptions.

AM PETRIFIED of cancer. It seems to be everywhere and affects so many people. This year I'm getting involved with charities in this area, so we can find better ways to beat it.

AM proud of where I'm at in life and how hard I've worked to get here, both professionally and personally.

REALLY NEED TO send out my thank you cards to all of the guests at my wedding.

DON'T GET WHY we pay so much tax and yet we still have to pay tolls pretty much everywhere we go on the roads.

THINK ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE Important and has an integral role in health and wellbeing. I really think it should probably be considered first a lot of the time.

RELAX BY having a bubble bath with great music and candles. I also really love sitting by the fire with a glass of red wine in winter. In summer I love being near the ocean.

MY worst vice is chocolate, although I am getting better at saying "no". I also really love nuts.

FRIDGE USUALLY CONTAINS organic hummus, buckwheat bread, honey-roasted ham, smoked salmon, yoghurt and usually there's always some fruit and vegies. We also have every style of milk you can think of ...

TEENAGE YEARS were so much fun. Sometimes I wish I could go and relive it all, knowing what I know now!

FAMILY ARE the most special people in my life. Sharing your journey in life with the people you love and care about, makes the whole experience so much more fulfilling.

FAVOURITE THING IS a massive 'LOVE' sign that we had made, which runs up the wall of the kitchen.

FRIENDS don't understand why I want to work so hard. And to be perfectly honest I'm not sure why either!

ATTITUDE to exercise IS it makes me feel great! I notice a big difference even in my mood when I'm exercising.

RELATIONSHIP with my body could be better. I think that your body, mind and soul should work together, so you need to work on all of them to be totally at ease with yourself. I appreciate my body but can struggle with my gluten allergy.

"I'VE ALWAYS LAUGHED ALONG THE WAY, NO MATTER WHAT'S GOING ON IN MY LIFE"

Archived