Saving Grace

Guest sevenpuddings

Hey guys, sorry about the lapse of time between updates... I didn't mean for it to take that long but life got in the way. But thats okay, because I've finally updated.

Chapter Twelve

I hope you guys enjoy the update, and just so everyone knows, there will be another delay in updates. Explained in my Authors Note after the chapter!

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

FF.net hates me... (So very seriously considering a LJ for my stories, I've had about enough of ff.net :angry: ) and I have a new chapter to post so I'll simply post it here. Second last chapter guys, I hope you enjoy it.

Jess

-

Saving Grace

Chapter Thirteen: Samson

-

You are my sweetest downfall

I loved you first, I loved you first

Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth

I have to go, I have to go

Your hair was long when we first met

-

I’d see her walk past me in the hallways every now and then. I’d smell her first; the soft fragrance of cherries would come wafting sweetly up my nose, making my stomach churn in anticipation. Then I’d feel her body walking gracefully near mine.

My hands would itch, wanting to touch her, my arms would ache as I strived to keep them by my side, yielding any cries to reach out and take her in my arms, and protect her from the evils she’d handed herself over to.

My heart would cry out for anything, any flicker of recognition, of knowledge, as she walked by, her dark eyes glazed over with hatred, and all I could do was melt into the surroundings, knowing that she’d seek me out if she ever needed to.

That had always been our way.

-

Samson went back to bed

Not much hair left on his head

He ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed

And history books forgot about us and the bible didn't mention us

And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

-

I was plagued by dreams of her at night. Of memories of times past, that I couldn’t seem to shake. And finally I knew what it was to be her. Haunted, by the one thing you would wish more than anything to forget. Haunted, by the one person who had destroyed your life.

She’d made me the hollow man I was today. Because she wasn’t here with me. Because I needed her as much as she needed me. Even if she didn’t believe it, I needed her, deep down. She had become my air, my heart, my life.

Why had I expected it would turn into the fairy tale? Why had I believed that I could pull off the impossible, pull out the miracle that she needed… that I needed? Why had I believed in myself, when the rest of the world believed in nothing?

Why had I bothered to dream, when everything always falls apart?

-

I loved you first, I loved you first

Beneath the stars came fallin' on our heads

But they're just old light, they're just old light

Your hair was long when we first met

-

She was huddled in the corner again today, her dark jumper pulled down over her hands, hiding the scars, the mutilations, the imperfections on the most perfect girl in the world. She’d gone back to scribbling in her note book again, drawing her versions of the world… a world where she felt at home. When the devil took her hand and they danced on bright orange flames that engulfed everyone she ever hated.

Because her dream world doesn’t have anything to do with a heaven or a god. The devil has been her only friend. Bringing her from one darkness to another, his fiery hatred emerging from the shadows to tell her she was not alone, she was never alone. Because he was there for her… with that first slit of the wrist, with that first sip of the alcohol… with that first pill she’d take, to make the world disappear.

And that’s all she ever dreamt, for her world to disappear.

-

Samson came to my bed

Told me that my hair was red

Told me I was beautiful and came into my bed

-

I saw her sneaking out across the lawn one night. Her black dress hugged her tightly in all the right places, leaving no room for the imagination. But that was just her style. What you saw was what you got with Maddie, she wasn’t afraid to use her body to win wars, no was she afraid of showing a little skin to more than just the public.

She wasn’t afraid of much… just a drunken man who had destroyed any hopes and dreams she may have harboured as a child. He’d broken her spirit and soul, and taught her to use her body as a weapon of choice in any war with the opposite sex.

He’d taught her to destroy her life.

-

Oh I cut his hair myself one night

A pair of dull scissors in the yellow light

And he told me that I'd done alright

and kissed me 'til the mornin' light, the mornin' light

and he kissed me 'til the mornin' light

-

One day, without looking, she stumbled into me while walking down a crowded hallway. She moved to fall backwards, but my ever predictable arms caught her swiftly, pulling her close to my body, as my reflexes would have it. Instantly, she pushed herself out of my arms, as if my touch had singed, burnt her. She looked away from my gaze and hurried off down the hallway, pushing those aside who moved into her way, pulling her jumped tighter around her.

I felt my stomach lurch into my throat, as I realised that she now couldn’t even stand to be touched by me. That I made her feel that repulsed, that her time, her memories of me were that horrific for her that she couldn’t walk down the same hallway without avoiding me completely.

And my heart broke again.

-

Samson went back to bed

not much hair left on his head

Ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed

Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down

Yeah we couldn't destroy a single one

And history books forgot about us

And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

-

She was my sweetest sin. My most delicious desire. She was my heartbreak, my love and my fear. And most of all, she had been, for those few short weeks, that person that I was able to understand. And that person that understood me.

She was my sweetest downfall. And without her, I’d fallen apart… and I couldn’t just seem to return to how I used to be.

-

I loved you first

-

Hey guys

Here it is, the final chapter of Saving Grace

Chapter Fourteen

I want to thank each and every person that has read and reviewed this story, even if it didn't seem as if your type to begin with. Sticking with such a, well, different story has meant so much to me, and I'm so happy with how its turned out.

So I hope you enjoy its final chapter... and in between finishing this and starting MWASD (Which is on its way, I SWEAR!) There s surprise... lol

Jess

comments

Archived