Cheating Hearts and Psychotic Affections

Guest tasha7905

Chapter 21 - Detection

"Why are we here" Matilda said, she knew exactly where she was, she had been here a million times before they used to hang out here when they were teenagers. Her, Ric, Cass, Kit, Belle, Tasha, Rob even Lucas occasionally. "We had fun here" she whispered to herself.

"Time will tell Maddie, Time wil tell". The voice whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luc watched from a distance as Jack took Barry and Beth into another room, he needed to know, he waited and watched. Jack was talking and then he saw Barry breakdown. "Kim"he thought and felt relieved, and then felt guilty for feeling relieved. "Matilda are you still alive"he thought.

"Luc snap out of it" Cass said "we need to be with it if we are going to help Matilda".

"Where do we start Cass" he said tears running down her face, he couldnt give up on her not now, not Maddie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At least show me who you are, so I can try to understand why I am here, and why Kim is dead." Maddie shouted.

"O.K." the voice said "you will not be alive soon to tell anyone." The figure lifted off the garment covering their face.

"You! but why your not affected by what Lucas and I have done".

"Typical Matilda, you think the world revolves around you, yet you dont see. Do you? All of our lives are changing because of you & Lucas and now its time for you to pay." With that her assailant pulled out a knife and headed towards her...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's been dead for days, by look of it. It seems to have been caused by a blow to the back of the head with a blunt object. His clothes show signs of being in the sea. I need to know if anyone saw Kim on that night, and I want alibis from everyone. Jack was stressed and it was made even worse by the fact that Lucas seemed to be tied into all of it. If anything were to happen to his brother he would never forgive himself. He was going to do everything in his power to make Luc's life happy again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kim's death, Matilda's disapperance seem to be linked to your and Maddie's relationship, who would've been affected by it"Cass asked.

"Well you" luc said half smiling he was glad of her help, but couldnt figure out why she was helping him.

"We need more information"Cass said ignoring his comment" Lets see what Jack can tell us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"From what we have learnt, there are only five people that do not have alibis for the night Kim disappered or the day when Matilda did, and they are all tied in friendship to Matilda, Kim or Lucas."Jack was speaking to Barry.

"Who are they?" Barry asked the only way to stop himself grieving was too help Jack. He wasnt ready to grieve for his son yet.

"Tasha Andrews, Belle Taylor, Ric Dalby, Cassie Turner, and Robbie Hunter" Jack continued " I guess we have to admit to ourselves that one of our friends is a cold blooded killer".

"But they have all lived in the bay for years "Barry exclaimed. "It cant be any of them".

"Love can cause funny reactions in people" Jack said aloud but in his head he was thinking 'someone didnt want Matilda to be with Luc but why.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That went better than I thought" Ric said to himself as he was walking back to his house, he felt slight relief, there was just one more thing to he had to do and the thought of it made him happy. Things were finally going his way. "About time" he whispered to himself.....

There will be another chapter up in the next few days hopefully.

Thanks Skykat, Its cool that your relieved Kim is out of the picture Im not very keen on the character, which is probably why he is out of the picture lol. Glad your enjoying it I didnt want it to be just a love story.

I hope I can keep you guessing till the end........ It will all be revealed soon.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22 - Clues.

Luc and Cass were on there way to the Holden house to find Jack to get more information. Luc opened the front door and froze. There on the mat was a familiar envelope. "Another note" he said to Cass. He opened it and a lock of Maddie's hair fell out , he read the note aloud. "Thought you might like a memento, time is running out Lucas can you save your dream girl.

"They are teasing you Luc " Cass said "This is someone who knows you, who knows Maddie, This is someone thats hurting"

"You seem to know a lot about it Cassie"Jack said coming in behind them.

"Its not me Jack, although Im obviously the most likely, but it is someone we know." Cass said

"I agree "Jack said "in fact I know its one of 5 people and if Lucas is so sure its not you Cass then it has gone down to 4."

"Im sure Jack, Cass is innocent" Luc said sincerely

"Chances are if its someone we know then Matilda is still in the bay "Jack continued "We need to search places that are abandoned or hardly ever used. Somewhere that may relate to our four suspects."

"Thats great Jack but who are they" Luc said.

------------------------------------------------------------

"So why me, why not Luc, didnt it matter which one of us it was, me Luc or Kim. "Maddie said.

"It doesnt matter, eventually you'll be dead and Luc and the probably Cassie too."

"So you'll hurt anyone to get what you want" Maddie continued

"Just like you Maddie, Just like you"Her captor said

--------------------------------------------------------------

They had split up to try and find Maddie, Luc and Cass were by the high school, Jack was at the other end of town searching empty caravans. They were walking by the abandoned storage units at the back of the school, when something caught Cassie's eye. "Hang on " she shouted at Luc. "Look " she said as she picked up a phone.

"Its Maddies"he shouted. "I'll ring Jack". Within minutes Jack was there, "I'll take this to get finger printed, good work guys, but be careful" Jack said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Ric" Cass said as she answered her phone "Sure yea, no problems I will be there" hanging up she turned to Luc. "Sorry to let you down I have to go and meet Ric, it sounded really important, it might help us. I wont be long".

"Sure no problems, Thanks for your help, I didnt desereve it." he waved at her as he carried on his search.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So this is the end Maddie." Her assailant said" I'll give Luc your love, just before I kill him".

"Do what you want to me , but please dont hurt Lucas, leave him alone." Maddie cried.

"Oh how touching, it makes me wish I didnt have to killl you." The voice said "Ooops no it doesnt, I lied." her captor was mocking her now as they walked around her , the knife still in hand. Maddie screamed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What was that" Luc thought to himself, then he heard it again, screams definately screams. "Matilda"he shouted. " He kept going and going and got to the last storage container, he burst open the door and saw Maddie, she was petrified and Lucas gasped as he saw who was attacking her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door burst open and Maddie saw Lucas standing there. "Oh look lover boy has come to join the party" her assialant said turning to Luc , knife still in hand.........................

Chapter 23 - Reasons

"So Ric what did you want "Cass said smiling at him.

"I need to umm, tell you something um" Ric was nervous.

"Spit it out" she laughed.

"Ok here goes, I love you Cass, I have for years, i was just to chicken to say anything, then you started seeing Lucas, and you were happy and I didnt want to ruin anything, and then he finished it and I thought maybe now is my chance" he said really quickly.

"Arent you forgetting about Belle your girlfriend" Cass said stunned.

"Ive broken up with her, Its always been you Cass."

"So your saying because Luc got with Maddie, it made you realise you needed to be true to yourself and be with me" Cass said suddenly feeling dread.

"Yeah pretty much. Why?"

"Oh my god we need to get jack" Cass said turning white.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on in lover boy" Belle shouted at Lucas.

"Matilda are you ok?" He called out

"I knew you'd come" she said.

"Enough"Belle shouted "Luc walk over there towards Matilda, No funny business" she was waving the knife up and down. He walked over to Maddie, and put his hand in hers, as Belle tied him up too. The spark was still there even in these circumstances, he smiled at her.

"I love you" he mouthed at her."

"So now the star struck lovers are reunited, I will explain everything, why your selfish actions have destroyed my life. You see I've always known, but it didnt matter" she babbled pacing back and forth.

"Known what Belle" Luc prompted trying to keep her talking.

"I've always known that Ric was not in love with me, but it was ok as long as the object of his desire wasn't available, he would stay with me and try and love me, and bless him he did try."

Luc was concentrating on trying to undo Maddies ropes, his hands were behind his back but he could feel Maddie ropes and was pulling at them, he didnt care about his safety he just wanted Matilda out of there, Belle was really losing it.

"But then you came along "she continued pointing at Matilda " and poor Lucas here didnt stand a chance against you, and I knew that eventually I was going to lose Ric. You see I noticed the looks between you that day on the beach, it was obvious something had happened, the others were just to blind to see it. So i followed and waited, and what did I see Matilda climbing in Lucas's window. From then on I watched you two, I wanted to stop you before it beacme public knowledge, so Ric wouldnt know, oh and by the way guys good moves you really had it going on" she laughed to herself. "Then I just had to wait for Matilda to be alone".

"But why Kim, he didnt deserve to die" Maddie cried out.

"That dumb blonde was useless, he wasnt supposed to be such a big baby about everything. I mean I was grateful that the propsal came, and when you said yes Maddie, I thought that was it, but the you went straight back in to the arms of Mr Holden here". She said pointing the knife at lucas. "So I sent Kim a note, so he would catch you and stop you, but no he was too sensitive and ran off into the sea, he was really easy to coax out, i took him to the empty house on Seafare drive, and pretended to be sympathetic and then oops a big rock fell on his head, and well you guys know the rest."

Luc heard Matilda start to cry, he nearly had her untied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jack, Jack. We know who it is "Cassie shouted, she and Ric were running across the beach to where Jack stood with Tony.

"Whats up guys" he answered

"Jack, its Belle, its definately Belle, come on we have to find her" Cass screamed at him.

"Ok calm down, where is she?" he asked

"Near the high school we think where Maddies phone was, we used to hang out there when we were young and happy." Ric said

"Oh my god Luc" Cass remembered.

"What about Luc?" Tony shouted.

"I left him there looking for Maddie"

"Lets go"Jack shouted

"I'll get Beth and meet you there "Tony said already running off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"look Belle, we know your hurting but maybe if you spoke to Ric" Luc started

"Ric, yeah right he is too in love with her, and you let her go Lucas, you basically gave Cassie to him" Belle said suddenly remembering why she was there. She ran at him.

"Run Maddie" Luc shouted as he had undone her ropes.

"Not without you Luc" she cried

"Go get Jack" Luc screamed at her

Matilda ran and ran.

"You shouldnt have done that" Belle said as she stabbed the knife into Luc's stomach. He had never felt pain like it, slowly he slumped to the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jack " Matilda screamed as she fell to the floor.

"Matilda where is Luc." she heard Jack's voice and pointed.

Jack kept running gun out, he ran into the storage container. "Belle put the knife down" he said pointing his gun at her. Two officers came in and handcuffed her.

"Lucas" Jack screamed and ran over to him. "No" He cried.

An ear piercing scream cam out of no where, as Maddie stood in the door way supported by Ric and Cassie. " He saved me he cant be dead" she cried "He cant be."

Chapter 24 - Support

It had been 3 days since Maddies rescue, Belle's arrest and Luc's attack, and the whole town was in shock. Lucas had been in a coma ever since.

"Come on you two you should go home for a while" Tony said looking at Jack and Matilda, neither had been home since it had happened.

"I'm not leaving him dad, I should've been able to protect him better" Jack said sternly.

"Im not either Tony" Maddie said tears running down her face "he is in here because of me.

"Jack can I have a word outside please "Tony said leaving the room.

"Come on Luc" Maddie said holding his hand she leant up and kissed him "Icant live without you , dont leave me, I love you Lucas, I want a life with you, I want everything with you. I want to marry you." she felt his hand flinch " Lucas she screamed "Squeeze my hand if you can hear me. Instead he opened his eyes and sort of smiled. He was trying to talk, she gave him some water. "Sssh honey not so soon, let me go and get Flynn so he can make sure you ok?" she said standing up

"No stay" he managed to say she sat down again looking at him, he stared at her "I love you too" he whispered closing his eyes again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I cant believe this is all my fault" Ric said he was sat in the waiting room with Cassie.

"Its not Ric" she said" Belle had psychological problems, you were just the object she fixated on , it s not your fault,"She grabbed his hand "It will be ok" she whispered hoping she was right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was two hours later and Lucas was sitting up, Matilda, Ric and Cassie had gone home, and Beth had taken Tony out to try and relax him it was just the Holden brothers alone.

"Sorry I let you down" Jack said tears his eyes.

"You didnt Jack, i should've waited for you instead of running in alone"Luc said sheepishly.

"I understand man I would have done the same if it had been Martha" Jack really did understand "Thats love I'm afraid baby brother, it makes stupid fools out of all of us.

"Speaking of can I ask you a favour Jack" Luc asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"im so glad Lucas is ok "Sally said when Ric and Cass got home.

"Me too" FLynn said walking in behind them after finishing his shift. Cassie and Ric nodded and walked upstairs still holding hands.

"Should we be worried" Sal asked

"No they've been through a lot, and they are adults they will figure out what they want from each other eventually, for now I think Cass is just supporting Ric." Flynn said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Will anything happen between us " Ric asked Cass shyly as they sat in his room.

"I dont know lets deal with whats happening and then take it one day at a time" Cass said kindly.

"Fine by me" Ric said smiling. Hope was good enough for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maddie stop fidgeting, Man with stab wound here" Luc laughed. They were both in his hospital bed cuddling.

She laughed "Im sorry Luc, I just want to make sure your not going anywhere" she kissed his hand and then reached up and they kissed passionately. for what felt like the first time in ages. The heard the door open.

"What is it with you two"Jack said laughing. They pulled apart. "Maybe you should learn to knock" Luc said laughing.

"Hey maddie could you get me a drink please "Luc said

"Sure darling" she said jumping off the bed. After she left the room Luc looked at Jack "Did you find it?"He asked.

"Yeah man, here. Are you sure this is a good idea?" Jack said his voice full of concern.

"I have to Jack, as long as you dont mind though" Luc said.

"Not at all little brother, Not at all" Jack smiled still unsure. "So when?"

"Not yet" Lucas replied "but soon."

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 25 - Happy Endings

It was a month since Luc had come out of his coma, everything was getting back to normal. Kim's funeral had been traumatic, for all of them but especially Maddie, Luc knew she blamed herself.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" Maddie asked Luc, that afternoon as they lay on the beach, they had hardly left each others side in the past month.

"Lets stay in "he said slyly.

"Ok sure" she sighed.

They went to there seperate houses to change. Matilda had been home for 20 minutes, when someone knocked on the door. "Coming" she shouted as she ran to answer it.

"Hi"Lucas said smiling as she opened the door.

"I thought I was coming to yours" Maddie asked.

"You are" Luc replied leading her out of her house, as they got to his front door he blindfolded her.

"Luc what" she started.

"Trust me" he said as he guided her towards his bedroom, "Ready"he said as he took off her blindfold.

"Oh my god Lucas" she gasped the whole room was filled with roses and candles and there were petals everywhere, she turned around to kiss him and gasped again, he was on one knee ring in hand.

"Maddie, I know we havent been together long, and we are only 21, and we havent had the best start, but I love you and I always will and I know you feel the connection between us, I want to be your husband, I want to grow old with you and always be there for you. Will you marry me?" he rambled

"Lucas, this is a shock, I had no idea you were planing this" she said. He felt dejected Ive blown it he thought. She looked down at him, and he gave her his goofy smile, she melted yet again, "Yes of course I'll marry you". She launched herself at him to hug him and laughing they both tumbled to the floor.

"This ring is beautiful"she said staring at it.

"It was my mums" he said quietly "but you can have a new one if you want."

" Are you kidding, Im honoured, but I thought Jack had this." she said

"He did Mum left it to him, for when he met someone, but he agreed that I could give it to you, I guess he approves" he said kissing her, he was sure he would never get tired of kissing her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is everything ready" Jack shouted

"All in place "Martha said "Are you sure this is a good idea?" she said nervously looking at Tony and Beth for support.

"Of course it is "Tony answered "No one can resist the Holden charm,"

"Well you had better phone him the" Beth said smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dont answer it Luc, please "Matilda said as his mobile started ringing.

"I have to sweetheart sorry its Jack it might be important" he said holding her with one arm as he answered his phone. "Hi Jack, Yea why do we have to, sure ok whatever"he hung up "they want us to go to Noah's some sort of announcement or something."

"Well I guess we could make our own announcement" Matilda smiled "Come on lets go".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 minutes later they arrived at the surf club. "Come on lets go in" Luc said grabbing her hand he opened the door.

"Congratulations" people shouted at them.

"What how did you know. JACK" he shouted smiling.

"No secrets around here little brother "Jack laughed "She did say yes right" he suddenly panicked.

"Yes I did" Matilda said coming up behind Luc.

"Congratulations son Im proud of you"Tony said "Welcome to the Holdens, Matilda".

The party went on late into the night, Luc and Maddie were dancing holding each other tightly.

"I Love you Lucas Holden" she whispered

"I love you too Matilda soon to be Holden" he said

"Matilda Holden, I like the sound of that" she grinned.

"Me too" he thought , after everything that had happened he couldnt believe he had his dream girl, and he was never going to let her go.

The End

I hope you liked the end, a bit soppy I know. The sequel will be up shortly its called Can happiness happen, it will be about Luc and Maddie, but also a lot more of the others that were affected by what Belle did, including Belle herself, and of course the lead up to Luc and Maddies wedding, will it happen.

comments

Archived