The Hospital Room

Guest Chris H

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought that!! Don't know if it's normal in Australia to have your own room all the time but certainly in the UK you'd be in a room of at least 6 beds and often unisex.

Sometimes you have your own room, I think it depends onthe circumstances and the hospital.

When my friend was in hospital with leukemia he was in a ward with other people, can't remember if it was unisex or just men though, I have a feeling it was an all male ward.

But one of our friends has been in and out of hospital recently and she had her own room, so I think it depends on the hospital, the availability of rooms, how long you are staying etc.

I noticed it too! Even when the crash happened in episode 4000, there were two beds in one of the rooms used, well, when Jack was in hospital, notice how you could have fit it in?

They're quite clever with the camera angles too, like the angles used when the new Hayley was in hospital was the same as with Chloe, whereas with Jack it was more straight on (wasn't the door on the other side with Jack? Maybe a different room or a 'secret' door to make it seem different?).

When the old Hayley was hospitalised before her operation, the same angles were used as with Jack, we never saw anything towards the right of the room and most views were straight on, so maybe they swapped the bed around to make it seem like they do actually have more than one hospital room!

I'm sure there's more to this than I've mentioned, but I'd be going on forever if I put across all the similarities.

By the way, is NDH (the hospital used) actually a real hospital?

and how come people are rush in to the same place where the rooms are (the bit where hayley was) she was not in a and e do they not have a and e s in australia

Well aren't all the people admitted there accident & emergency cases? I know after Hayley's operation she wasn't in A&E, but remember how when she was first admitted the camera angles were very straight on, we never saw the right of the room? (As I mentioned in my last post), whereas after the op the angles were more towards the right of the room, we always saw Hayley and her guest face on instead of straight on, which explains the 'change' in room (not saying that there is a physical change, but the 'change' is probably visually done i.e through camera angles as mentioned above etc).

So I take it the desk they always go past is where the receptionist nurses register what's going on, so that explains that one, I hope! :wink::)

Archived