Far away from Summer Bay

Guest Andy

Far away from Summer Bay

The Advertiser

5 September 2005

IT was a far cry from the sun and sand of picturesque Summer Bay.

But despite facing icy winds and rain as storms brewed over Adelaide at the weekend, these two young soapie stars couldn't have been happier to be here.

For Home and Away's Paul O'Brien (who plays Jack Holden) and Jodi Gordon (otherwise known as Martha MacKenzie), a visit to the Royal Adelaide Show was the first in a long line of publicity stints as they cement their characters in the popular Aussie soap.

"I will definitely have to come back and have a look around when it's not wet," Jodi smiled.

"It is such a nice place, and all the people are so lovely."

Bombarded by young fans of the show, the two newbies are just getting used to the limelight.

But while Paul had never seen an episode before his audition, Jodi admits she played her part in the teen cult following.

"I loved the show growing up," she said. "So, when the opportunity came up for an audition on the show it was just like, `yes, definitely - I want to do that!"'

The pair are just two in a long list of well-known faces Australia-wide who will be popping up at the Royal Show through the week.

(. . . and for all those Home and Away diehards, keep your eyes peeled next Saturday, when Mark Furze - who plays Ric Dalby - and Sharni Vinson, aka Cassie Turner, are expected to be making their appearances.)

Archived