Sursok lands lead film role

Guest Andy

Sursok lands lead film role

Daily Telegraph

26 July 2005

SOAPIE star turned singer Tammin Sursok has been cast in her first feature film lead role.

The 21 year old will film Dying Breed in Australia later this year.

"I have got a new movie," Sursok, who quit Home and Away this year to pursue a singing career, said. "I am [in] one of the leading roles."

Dying Breed is based on a series of murders that took place in the 1800s.

Sursok (pictured) has been cast as a young woman in the modern day who goes back in time to investigate the murders.

More from AAP:

"We did the trailer a little while ago and I have never had so much fun in my life," she said.

Sursok couldn't say much about the film but was excited about playing her first lead, having recently completed a support role in US film Aquamarine opposite Americans JoJo and Emma Roberts.

"Acting is everything I am not and music is everything I am."

Sursok will spend the rest of this year based in London with her debut album being released in the UK.

The album has been reworked and renamed Pointless Relationship, after being released in May in Australia as Whatever Will Be.

The UK offering will include most of the songs on Sursok's Australian release with a few extras.

The title single, Pointless Relationship, has been slated for a September release in Britain.

"The market over there is different to here," said Sursok, who boards a plane bound for London on Friday.

"They are very into their live bands and acoustic singer/songwriters which I love and I'm very glad I am getting to explore more of that.

"I made Whatever Will Be so long ago that I feel like I can't wait to put new stuff on it because I have grown as a person."

Sursok, who played the character of Dani Sutherland on Home and Away for almost six years, owns an apartment in Sydney but will rent a place in London with boyfriend Michael Spiccia.

"I love to experience and grow and learn and if it means that I am going to live overseas for a while, then so be it," she said.

"But Australia will always be home."

Archived