Bec's $10,000 wedding gown

Guest Andy

Bec's $10,000 wedding gown

Sunday Telegraph

12 June 2005

SOAP princess Bec Cartwright will wear a $10,000 haute couture wedding gown designed by society darling Alex Perry when she marries tennis champion Lleyton Hewitt.

And the extravagant gown will almost definitely be white, although Perry yesterday refused to comment, citing a confidentiality agreement.

"We dress a lot of girls and nine times out of 10, when it comes to the main event, they walk through my door," boasted an unusually stitched-up Perry.

"And it's different every time. I think they should always look glamorous but I don't think they should necessarily look like a traditional wedding dress."

Cartwright, who is five months pregnant, announced her engagement to Hewitt in January -- with the couple widely expected to tie the knot next month.

On Thursday she was spotted at Palm Beach where she was filming some of her last scenes for Home And Away.

"I know my pregnancy came as a bit of a shock to everyone at first - and it did to me, too, actually - but I've had such positive feedback from everyone," she said between takes.

She will shortly join Hewitt, who is preparing for Wimbledon after an injury, in London while renovations to their new $4.5million Palm Beach house are completed.

The nuptials are tipped for late July.

Alex Perry wedding gowns start at $3000 with an average price tag of $6500. The most expensive one he made cost $18,000.

Archived