Memo Lleyton: It's Bec's night

Guest Andy

Memo Lleyton: It's Bec's night

Sunday Herald Sun

1 May 2005

HMMM, where did that nice, polite boy go?

On Friday night, tennis brat Lleyton Hewitt dropped the Prince Charming act he has played so well in recent months and slipped on his well-worn Capt Grumpy Boots routine after he and fiance Bec Cartwright arrived on a late flight.

Gold Logie favourite Cartwright was prepared to offer a few good-natured words on her last-minute Logie chances.

But Hewitt was not going to let that happen.

Not-so-Mr Nice Guy told her not to talk, and with a muttered "C'mon" sternly led her to a waiting taxi.

Who wears the pants in this relationship?

After all, this weekend may be Cartwright's moment of glory, while her handbag, Hewitt, is a Logies sideshow with bad hair.

Strange behaviour in the Cartwright camp -- as pressure builds towards tonight's gala -- includes the pretty blonde refusing to be photographed and "her people" offering loathed email interviews (questions submitted electronically and then answered "to the best of her ability").

Curious behaviour aside, the Home and Away beach babe looks set to take home the Gold Logie.

While she will never set the world on fire as an actor, she is undoubtedly a pleasant and popular figure.

Her primary star vehicle, Home and Away, has consistently drawn more than 1.2 million viewers a night in the past year and her victory in the first series of Dancing with the Stars confirmed her popularity across all demographics.

After all, this weekend may be Cartwright's moment of glory, while her handbag, Hewitt, is a Logies sideshow with bad hair.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have said this so many times. Why on earth is someone who takes so much pride in herself and always looks her best, I dont think I have ever seen a bad picture of her, going out with someone like him. His hair is always awful. I dont know if its wet, or if its just so oily that its always like that.

If Bec reads this board. Make Lleyton wash his hair and look his best!!

She could have anyone she wants, why on earth him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have said this so many times. Why on earth is someone who takes so much pride in herself and always looks her best, I dont think I have ever seen a bad picture of her, going out with someone like him. His hair is always awful. I dont know if its wet, or if its just so oily that its always like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hair isn't everything you know, how old are you ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hair isn't everything you know, how old are you ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe older that you!!!

STYLE POLICE LOGIES SPECIAL

Sunday Herald Sun

8 May 2005

LOVE IT

Bec Cartwright

Commendation: Boho babe.

Reward: We think she's had enough pleasures this year.

What an inspired choice from the pregnant poppet - bold print halter gown from one of our mistresses of glamour, Lisa Ho. Better still, the Home and Away starlet didn't fuss it up, but let the dress do the talking. And the handbag, of course. Bravo Bec.

Archived