Hectic Holly Happy To Hang Up Her Shoes

Guest Andy

Hectic Holly happy to hang up her shoes

Sydney Confidential, Daily Telegraph

April 14, 2005

SEEMS the only one happy with Holly Brisley's departure from Dancing With The Stars this week is Holly Brisley.

Co-host Sonia Kruger was in tears when it was announced Brisley and dance partner Mark Hodge were out of the competition but the new Summer Bay resident told Confidential she was actually relieved to be out of the race.

"Everyone was so upset and crying and, of course, I was disappointed but I have so much going on in my life that not having to learn three dances for next week's show is kind of good," she said.

Brisley, who starts filming scenes as Amanda -- the ex-wife of character Dan Baker -- for Home and Away on Monday, is also committed to hosting six more episodes of The World's Craziest Videos.

"I think we went out with a bang," she said

MX, 13 April 05

FORMER Gold Coast glamour girl Holly Brisley was voted off the hit television show Dancing with the Stars last night.

But it is not the last viewers will see of Brisley, who is now based in Sydney. She will join soapie Home and Away.

Dancing with the Stars' latest evictee Holly Brisley is off to the beauty parlour today after complaining that layers of fake tan have ravaged her skin.

"I thought if I get voted out, the first thing I'm going to do is enjoy a bit of pampering and a facial after all this hard work," Brisley said.

"I need to give my skin a break. But I'm not expecting much of one once I start Home and Away on Monday. They'll probably put me in a bikini straight away."

Brisley will play the soap's resident vixen, but she insists she was not instantly offered the role because of her success on the Channel 7 dance-off.

"I had to audition like everyone else," she said.

Archived