Mackenzie Booth - Emily Weir

I think she has potential but I'm not finding her particularly likeable at the moment & so far Mac is already a victim of bad writing. Her daddy issues are pathetic, I don't like her pressuring and dragging Dean into her vendetta and this whole revenge plot is incredibly trite & tedious. 

The actress is good though. 

Edited by donkey_rick69
  • Like 2

I liked her at first - she seemed kind of fun, sassy etc. I don't really like the way she's going about her 'revenge' plot, although I guess I do sympathise with her in a way and can understand why she might be angry. I hope we see more of the side that we saw in the first few episodes again.

• 4 years later...

Mackenzie really has bounced back from going off the rails a year ago and has become the down to earth, wise, likeable and strong willed character she once was. I can understand why she did go through a rough patch given she has lost so many people in such a small space of time. At first she had to hopelessly watch Colby, a man she once loved and still good friends with after they broken up go on a downward spiral to prison. Then had Ari harshly dumped her for Mia. Then found out she was pregnant with Ari's baby. Then she lost the baby, then  Ari was sent to prison and later died. Then she had friends leave her in a short space of time. Bella/Jasmine/Ryder etc  and Logan left her pretty much soon as he found out she was hitting rock bottom and recently terminally sick Gabe left her harshly  without goodbye and later found out he died. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have honestly loved how much they have developed Mackenzie's character even between last year and this one. She has been through so much and I'm glad the writers explored that. I love her current storyline with her heart issues and gosh I hope she and Levi get together because I can already see so much chemistry between them they would be cute together and Mac deserves some long term happiness.