Home Still Where The Heart Is

Pantherboy

Daily Telegraph article today:

Home Still Where The Heart Is.

AUSTRALIANS still prefer the overblown plot lines of soapie Home and Away to the majority of other dramas on television.

The Channel 7 soapie, which will celebrate 30 years on the air next year, is the second most popular regular Aussie drama this year, reaching 2.6 million viewers each week.

While it is in an earlier timeslot to most dramas, Home and Away is currently only being pipped in the ratings by Channel 9's Doctor Doctor.

Sophie Dillman is already feeling the effects of being a Home and Away star after landing her first role on the silver  screen as part of the new Astoni family.

Her character Ziggy is the subject of a kidnapping and a secret affair with a character who is tied up in drug dealing and did a stint in rehab.

"It's been a whirlwind. I feel like I'm living a dream. People are starting to recognise me in public," Dillman, 24, said.

The addition of Sam Frost is tipped to cause another ratings spike for the show.

Archived