Insanity

Guest Melbelle94

Thank-you for reviewing! :)

Chapter Eight:

Charlie and Brax sat in the waiting room of the pregnancy and birthing wing of the hospital, waiting for the doctor to see them. Charlie was nervous, she wanted to see her baby on the screen and know they were healthy. Her last pregnancy with Mia hadn't run as smoothly, she wanted to know that everything was okay.

"You know babe, I was thinking we could name our twins Mercedes and Bentley"

Charlie turned to Brax with a raised eyebrow as he looked through a baby name book. "We are not naming our kids after cars. And we don't know the genders yet"

"How about Daisy and Tulip? Hansel and Gretel?"

Charlie rolled her eyes. "No. No."

Brax smirked. "Come on, Charlie. How about we name them after superman and batman? Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent?"

Charlie grabbed the book and slammed it down in frustration. "No. What if their girls?"

Brax grinned. "London and Paris?"

Charlie shook her head. "You've lost your mind? Did Tegan name your children because clearly you can't think properly."

Brax just chuckled. "Lighten up babe"

“Lighten up?” Charlie asked. “Last time I checked, these babies were growing inside me, not you.”

“I was thinking we could name one after Roman and one after my mum, if the babies are a boy and a girl.”

Charlie’s eyes filled with tears.

“Charlie, don’t cry, come on, please.”

“You really want to do that?” Charlie asked, tears running down her face. “Brax, that is so sweet.”

"I thought it would help remember them, show that they are still a part of the family. Make Nicole feel a little more connected" Brax explained but Charlie just wiped her tears away and nodded.

"That's the sweetest thing I've heard today. I love you"

"I love you too, babe" Brax said as he leaned over and kissed her forehead. "I take it you like the idea"

"Are you kidding, I love the idea. Thank-you"

"Charlotte Braxton?" Dr Nate Cooper called as he walked into the waiting area.

"Here, you ready?" Charlie asked and Brax grinned.

"I'm always ready. Let's go see our kids.”

^..^

“So Charlotte-“ Nate began and Charlie grimaced.

“Charlie, please.” She told him.

Nate nodded. “Now, this cream will be-“

“Cold. I’m used to this.” Charlie said.

“How many kids have you got?” Nate asked as he put a dollop of the gel on Charlie’s stomach and began to move the transducer around.

“I’ve got nine, Brax has got seven.” Charlie answered.

“Full house.” Nate whistled as the picture of the babies came up.

“Yeah, and with these twins, it’s going to be even busier.” Brax said.

“So, it appears that you have two healthy babies,” Nate said. “Are we finding out the genders today?”

Charlie squeezed Brax’s hand. “Yeah.”

“Actually, could you put the genders in an envelope?” Brax asked. “That way we can show the kids.”

Charlie looked at Brax. “Really? We didn’t discuss that.”

“I was thinking we could have a baby reveal party, get the diner to make two cakes for us with blue or pink, one for each of the twins.”

Nate nodded. "I can do that, would you like the genders taped to a picture so you can show them?"

Charlie smiled. "That's a good idea, thank-you Nate"

"No problems. I'm going to need to see you again in four weeks" Nate took in Charlie's panicked expression. "Just a routine check-up, your babies are healthy Charlie. You body is doing its job" Nate added and Charlie sighed in relief.

"Thank-god"

"I'm just going to take some measurements, have you thought of names?" Nate asked and Brax grinned.

"Don't ask mate, don't ask" Brax said and Nate smirked.

"You don't know how many couples I get in here, they bicker over names. Quite funny from my position" Nate said as he handed Charlie a tissue. "All done. I'll just get the pictures for you"

^..^

Jack jumped over the back of the couch causing Ruby to spill her popcorn. "Idiot" Ruby muttered and Jack grinned.

"So what do you think the babies are?"

Ruby shrugged. "Hopefully girls, but healthy"

"No Ruby, they’re boys" Drew told her, Ruby rolled her eyes.

"They gotta be boys, ‘cause I'm the baby girl" Mia said as she dunked her barbie in her barbie pool.

“When are they coming home?” Drew asked Ruby, who sighed and paused her movie.

“I don’t know Drewie,” Ruby said just as she heard the front door open. “This must be them.”

“So Kyle can get the cakes on his way home from work?” Charlie asked Brax as she took her shoes off.

“Cake!” Mia squealed, running into the foyer.

Charlie looked at Brax. “Can’t keep a secret around here huh.”

“With our kids?” Brax asked. “Charlie, there are no secrets in this house.”

“When are we eating cake?” Drew asked.

“Get your siblings and go into the lounge, we’re having a family meeting.” Brax told Drew.

“Another family meeting?” Drew asked.

^..^

Brax pulled Charlie onto his lap as the kids filed into the living room. "Is that all of you?"

Joey nodded. "Except for Kyle"

"Yeah, he's working. Hey, Tamara shouldn't you be working?" Brax asked as Tamara walked into the living room, she glanced over at the clock and jumped.

"****! I'm late" Tamara shouted as she turned back to the stairs.

"Language" Brax warned.

Tamara turned back. "Kyle's gonna kill me, I was meant to be there an hour ago" Tamara shouted as she stormed upstairs.

"What's **** mean?" Edward asked and Charlie shook her head.

"You aren't allowed to say that word" Charlie scolded and Chase smiled.

"Am I?" Chase asked.

Brax groaned. "I'll kill Tam later but first lets deal with this I ain't getting off topic"

"Dad you’re always getting off topic" Emily said rolling her eyes.

"Well not right now. We are having a party tonight" Brax announced and Casey laughed.

"Have you lost your mind? Is a madhouse here on a daily basis, you want to have a party?" Casey chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Ruby, she looked slightly confused at his amusement.

Tamara laughed as she came into the room shoving pins into her hair. "You know Heath brings alcohol to every party, Jack nearly drank a whole bottle of vodka at 14!"

“Jack got drunk?” Charlie shrieked.

Darcy glanced over. “It was like two months before you showed up, we had a party”

“Jack was drinking secretly and Jade was doing shots with Tam” Taylah voiced.

“Hey!” Tamara shouted. “That’s a secret!”

“You were out of it Tamara” Casey chuckled.

“Oh shut it, you were feeding Darcy alcohol all night” Tamara pointed at him. “Who’s giving me a lift to work?”

Brax glared at her. “You were giving my fourteen year old daughter shots, and you were giving my fifteen year old daughter alcohol?”

“Where’s the cake?” Mia piped up randomly. The kids looked at her.

“What cake?” Cassie asked.

Brax sighed, running a hand through his hair. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and chucked them at Tamara, who caught them, a surprised look on her face. “Damage my car and I’ll kill you.”

“Really?” Tamara asked. “You’re going to let me drive your car?”

“Do I have a choice?” Brax asked. “You have your license, I trust you to look after my car.”

“I promise I won’t damage it.” Tamara promised before racing out the door.

Brax turned back to the kids and Charlie.

“So why does Mia keep talking about cake?” Casey asked.

“We’re having a gender reveal party.” Charlie said.

“What’s that?” Chase asked, climbing into Charlie’s lap.

Charlie glanced down. "It's a party were we tell you if the babies are going to be boys or girls"

Chase nodded. "Okay, but mummy if it’s a girl then I have to put it in the bin. No girls 'llowed" Chase told her strictly.

Charlie giggled at the seriousness on his face. "You'll love the babies, I promise" Charlie told him.

"Alright Case, you're coming with me to pick some food up for the party. The rest of you clean up" Brax said as he turned to Lucas and Cassie. "Don't just shove things in the hallway closet like last time, I was stuck in that pile of **** for like twenty minutes when it fell on me" Brax told them sternly as he leaned down to Nicole's ear. "Keep your mum outta the kitchen; I don't need anyone getting food poisoning"

"Hey! What are you hiding?" Charlie asked and Brax chuckled as he headed to the door.

"Brax, you leant Tamara your car? We walking?" Casey asked and Brax groaned.

"****"

"DAD!"

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review. Let us know what you think.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived