Insanity

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Five:

"What the ****ing hell?!" Brax shouted raced down the stairs dressed in a towel. "Who am I going to kill?"

Casey pulled Kyle around the corner so they were spying on him; they held their hands over their mouths at the sight of Brax standing in the middle of the lounge room with bright pink hair.

"Charlie! Charlie!" Brax shouted, his voice showed his terror as he stared in the mirror.

Charlie was in the kitchen chopping up vegetables for dinner when she heard Brax yell out. Walking into the lounge, she burst out laughing at the sight of him.

"You look like a troll doll!" She choked out.

"You think this is funny?" Brax asked. "Did you know about this?"

"Who do you think dared them to do it?" Charlie said with a straight face.

"You didn't."

"Oh, I needed a laugh."

Brax looked at Charlie, dumbfounded. "You did this for a laugh?"

Charlie nodded. "Lighten up! It'll wash out in 26 washes"

Brax growled. "What?! Who did you dare to do this?"

Charlie smirked. "None of my kids were game, but yours were…"

Brax spun around. "Relax, it was Case and Ky. They jumped at the chance"

"Braaaaaax! Mum!"

Charlie looked up startled as Nicole came flying down the stairs, her face full of panic. "What wrong?" Charlie asked alarmed.

Nicole shivered. "There is a spider in my bed! In my freaking bed!"

Brax groaned. "Jack! Put Humphrey back in his cage"

"Jack has a pet spider…wait, what the hell happened to your hair Brax?" Nicole said as she burst out laughing, Brax glared as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I dared Case and Ky to put pink dye in our shampoo." Charlie told Nicole, whose eyes went wide.

"Oh my gosh Mum!" Nicole said through her laughter.

"ARGHHHHH!" Tamara yelled as she ran down the stairs, her hair dyed green. "What the ****!"

Charlie looked at Brax. "I didn't do that."

"I did." Jade said, a smug look on her face.

"You little brat!" Tamara screamed as she lunged for Jade, but she was held back by Kyle. Jade ran behind Brax, using her as a human shield.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Tamara yelled.

"Relax, it comes out in 26 washes." Jade said, her arms crossed.

"Mummy, my hair is blue!" Mia said as she came down the stairs.

"I washed her hair." Tamara said.

"My little girl's hair is blue!" Charlie screeched.

"I didn't know!" Tamara said. "I needed to wash my hair, and Mia needed to have hers washed too."

"Why is everyone's hair blue? Uh green and pink?" Ruby asked stunned, the smirk on her lips.

Jade giggled. "I didn't mean to get Tamara, or Mia, it was for Charlie"

"What?!" Charlie shouted. "Why me?"

Jade grinned. "Pay back for making me eat your stir fry"

Nobody could contain their shiver and Charlie smacked Brax on the back of the head. "It was nice"

"Babe, it tasted like feet"

Nicole laughed. "How do you know what feet taste like?"

Brax rolled his eyes. "That ain't the point. Is there anymore pranks I need to be worried about?" Brax asked as he looked around the room at everyone.

"Humphrey is in his cage" Jack announced.

Emily pointed. "Who is Humphrey?"

"My spider!"

"Daaaaad! Humphrey's in my hair" Cassie squealed as she ran into the house, a furry brown spider in her blonde hair, she spun around frantically. "Get him out! Daddy!"

"See what you started Charls?" Brax asked as he picked the spider out of Charlie's hair and dropped him in the cup that Jack was holding out. "You started a prank war."

"You shouldn't have said that." Charlie said, seeing the mischievous looks on the kids' faces.

"A prank war sounds interesting." Ruby said slowly, a grin starting to work its way across her face.

"I'll dye Chase's hair!"

"I'll hide the spider under Cassie's pillow!"

"Brown food colouring in the pool!"

"No! No prank war!" Brax shouted, cutting the kids off their discussions about spiders and hair dye.

"But Dad…."

"Kill joy!"

"I am not a kill joy. No one is dying anyone's hair, or hiding spiders, or putting food colouring in the pool, which probably wouldn't work anyway. No more pranks!"

^..^

Charlie smirked as Brax flopped down on the couch, relaxing, he seemed quiet, content that the house was peaceful.

"We're ready mum" Joey said chucking a nerf gun at Charlie.

"You're such a prankster!" Tamara said shaking her head, holding her own nerf gun up.

"We doing this or what?" Taylah asked.

"Hell yes! I'm in" Heath whispered loudly as he entered the house with a massive gun.

"Who called you?" Darcy asked.

"Who cares. We taking Brax down or what?! I heard he shut a prank war down"

Jack and Joey army crawled from the kitchen entry to behind the sofa, Heath crouched down following them.

Heath nodded and the boys smirked as he slowly stood up aiming the guns at Brax they shot him. He jolted upwards falling off the couch.

"What the hell?!"

Nicole smiled from the staircase, shooting him in the head. "Wars on Braxton!"

"Yeah dad! War!" Sammie shouted jumping up from behind the arm chair, squirting him with silly string.

Suddenly, plastic bullets came out from every direction. Brax whirled around, his eyes landing on Charlie.

"I'm guessing you're the mastermind, huh?" Brax asked.

Charlie grinned, shooting her own nerf gun at him. "Maybe."

Brax grabbed a nerf gun out of Jack's hands and held it up. "Next one to shoot at me gets chucked in the pool."

The kids groaned.

"Drop the guns." Brax said, the nerf gun still aimed at them.

"Watch this." Charlie whispered to Ruby. She pulled the trigger, and a plastic bullet hit Brax square in the chest.

Charlie grinned. "You gonna chuck me in the pool?"

"Oh, I'm gonna do better. No special cuddles."

"Hey, that's my line!" Heath complained.

"Gross Dad!" Darcy wrinkled her nose.

"Brax!" Charlie complained, stomping her foot. "You can't do that!"

"Watch me."

"You know kids, it's impossible for him to chuck all sixteen of you in the pool at once," Charlie said, cocking her head to the side.

Brax glared at her. "You wouldn't."

"Oh yes I would. Fire!" Charlie shouted, stepping back as Brax was assaulted with nerf gun bullets and silly string.

Brax ducked behind the couch. "This is harassment!" Brax shouted.

"Come on dad, I thought Braxton's don't back down from a fight" Taylah teased and Brax raised his head.

"You're all going down" Brax warned as the front door flung open and Bianca stepped into the house.

"What the hell?" Bianca shouted as the guns all pointed to her.

Brax smirked as he grabbed Lucas's gun.

"You're on my team ice queen" Brax teased.

"For what, Father?" Bianca teased, she hated the name ice queen, and he hated her calling him father.

Charlie smirked. "Apparently we've been harassing him with nerf gun bullets and silly string."

Bianca laughed. "Chuck me some silly string?" She asked. Sammie threw her the silly string can. Bianca grinned and sprayed it at Brax.

"I thought you were going to be on my side!" Brax complained.

"Nope. You're on your own, Father."

Brax grumbled as he lifted his nerf gun and shot Bianca in the forehead.

"Hey!" Bianca exclaimed.

"Maybe next time you'll pick my team!"

Bianca shook her head. "It's on! Heath hand me that gun" Bianca demanded.

Heath clutched it tightly. "Get your own woman!"

Darcy and Tamara tackled him. "Give it to your wife!"

Heath squirmed as Edward, Lucas and Drew piled on him. "I'm getting attacked by minions"

Brax laughed "Better you then me!"

Bianca shook her head as she winked at Charlie. "You're going down!"

Charlie and Bianca shot their nerf guns, Charlie's bullet hit him in the ass.

"Oi! Nicole!"

Nicole grasped the boy's hand as she tried to run upstairs.

"Quickly!" She tried to tell him.

"Oi!" Brax leapt up and chased after Nicole and the boy. He grabbed the back of the boy's shirt.

"Who the **** are you?"

"I'm Mitch. Nicole's boyfriend."

^..^

Authors Note : Let us know what you think.

Thankyou for the reviews!
Romeo&Indi Forever and JarlieFanEver. You two are both great. You read all my stories and always comment. If you have a story you have written comment below and I'll check it out :)

Chapter Six:

Brax glared at the teenager in front of him, holding him by the shirt. "Start talking!"

Nicole gaped at him. "Brax!"

Mitch tried to squirm out of Brax's grasp. "Whoa dude, who the **** are you?"

Brax glared. "I'm her...it doesn't matter who I am. Who are you?"

"Mitch"

Brax tightened him grip. "What do you two think you're doing?"

Nicole shook her head embarrassed. "Brax!"

"Brax, get down off the stairs, you three will fall soon!" Charlie shrieked, her hormones on rampage again.

Brax loosened the grip on Mitch's shirt. "Downstairs, now, the both of you."

"Nicole's in trouble, Nicole's in trouble!" Sammie sang.

"Kids, outside, now," Brax demanded. "That includes you Casey and Kyle, keep an eye on them."

"Fine." Casey rolled his eyes before following the kids outside.

"Now, care to tell me why you were trying to smuggle a boy upstairs?" Brax asked.

"You're not my dad, Brax." Nicole said, rolling her eyes.

"I am your ****ing stepdad Nicole, that's close enough. Now answer me."

"I knew that you'd react like this." Nicole mumbled.

"React like what?" Brax asked.

"Like an overprotective parent." Charlie supplied.

"Brax, Mum, I knew that you guys would freak out, and I just wanted to avoid more drama at the moment with everything going on."

Brax crossed his arms. "Drama is you rushing him upstairs" Brax spoke and Nicole sighed.

"It's not a big deal"

Brax raised his eyebrow. "Not a big deal? How many boyfriends have you had?" Brax asked and Nicole blushed, stamping her foot.

"This is embarrassing" Nicole whined.

Brax turned to Mitch. "How old are you? You got a job? If you're in a gang I'll throw your ass out."

"Relax, Mr. Braxton. I go to Summer Bay High."

"Really." Brax stated.

"I'm eighteen."

"So am I Brax, I can choose who I want to date, stop giving him the third degree Dad!" Nicole pouted before she covered her hand with her mouth, realising what she had said. "Oh my god."

Brax stood frozen, stunned by what she had said.

"Run" Nicole hissed to Mitch as she bolted up the stairs.

"I'm not done, Nicole! We need to talk about that" Brax said as he went to start up the stairs.

"Brax!" Charlie said as she grabbed his arm.

"Did you hear what she called me?!"

Charlie nodded. "Yes, I heard"

Brax sighed as he saw the tears drop from Charlie's eyes. "Don't cry baby"

"But...I didn't expect her to ever call you that Brax! Ever. Do you think she's okay?"

Brax hugged Charlie tight. "We can discuss it with her after. I'm more worried about Mitch. What kind of name is Mitch?"

Charlie giggled. "Stop being a baby, she's a teenager."

"It's just hard, Charlie."

"I know Brax, but we've got to let them grow up eventually."

"Mia is never allowed to date." Brax declared.

"Yeah right," Charlie smiled at him. "Honey, they will grow up."

"I don't want them to."

"You think I do, Brax?" Charlie asked. "I don't want my babies to grow up either."

^..^

"You wanna tell me what that was all about?" Mitch asked as Nicole flopped down on her bed.

Nicole sighed, a tear falling down her face. "That was the first time I had called him Dad."

"Really?" Mitch asked.

"It just slipped out, baby," Nicole said as she stared up at her bedroom ceiling, hoping that Darcy wouldn't walk in anytime soon. "It was the first time I had called him Dad, and it felt right. Does that make me a horrible person?"

"No, it doesn't. You have two dads now Nic, and you always will, why does it matter so much what you call him?"

Nicole sat on the bed and grabbed her pillow, hugging it tightly. "I feel like I'm betraying my dad. But I enjoy my midnight talks with Brax and how he cares for me. I just..."

Mitch embraced her. "Hey babe, he seems like he could be a decent bloke when he's not threatening me"

Nicole giggled as she wiped her tears away. "He's protective."

Mitch nodded. "Which makes me like him even more. Your dad knows you love him, and Brax obviously loves you too"

Nicole nodded. "I'm sorry he hassled you"

"Don't you think I can take him?" Mitch teased as he tickled her, Nicole giggled as she squirmed.

"He'd kick your ass" Nicole exclaimed and Mitch hovered over her.

"I suppose I could left him win"

Nicole just laughed, it made her feel slightly better but she knew she'd have to speak to Brax and Charlie. She felt guilty, she felt as though she would be betraying her father.

"Oh my god!" Darcy shouted as she flung the door open, immediately covering her eyes at the sight of Mitch on top of Nicole.

"We aren't doing anything!" Nicole defended immediately.

"So who are you?" Darcy asked as she sat down on her bed.

"I'm Mitch. Who are you, squirt?"

"I'm sixteen idiot, don't call me squirt." Darcy told him as she grabbed her phone of her bedside table.

Nicole laughed. "That's Darcy; she's one of my stepsisters."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too, I guess."

"Umm, Darce, can you go away?" Nicole asked.

"I can't." Darcy said.

Nicole crossed her arms. "Did Brax send you up here to keep an eye on us?"

"Maybe, maybe not." Darcy answered.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "Darce, please"

Darcy grinned. "Dad said..."

Nicole shook her head. "I don't care what he said. I'll give you $50, to get out"

"Deal"

Mitch laughed. "You sold your dad out for $50"

Darcy shrugged. "It's worth it"

"Get out, please."

Darcy giggled. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do" She grinned before leaving, closing the door behind her.

Nicole flopped back onto the bed. "Thank god"

Mitch laughed as he kissed her cheek. "He's still got 14 others he could send in here."

Nicole groaned. "Don't remind me." She said as Mitch kissed her on the forehead.

"You've got an amazing family, you know that right?" Mitch asked, threading his fingers through Nicole's.

"Yeah, I know. They can be a real pain though." Nicole said as she stretched up to kiss Mitch on the lips.

When they broke apart, Mitch grinned. "I have two sisters, and I thought that was bad. Imagine the shock when I found out that you have fifteen siblings."

"You wanna know the best part?" Nicole asked, propping herself up on her shoulders.

"Go ahead."

"Mum's having twins, so there's going to be 18 of us pretty soon."

Mitch shook his head. "That's insane. Do you want kids?"

Nicole nodded. "Yeah, of course. But I think Brax would have a heart attack if I feel pregnant before I'm forty."

"Damn straight I would."

Nicole giggled as she pulled Mitch in for a kiss. "Welcome to the house of the Braxton's"

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review. Let us know what you think.

Thankyou for reviewing! :)

Chapter Seven:

"Thanks for coming over," Nicole said as she leaned against the doorframe of the front door. "I know I live in a madhouse."

"Nic, I'm not going to lie and say that you don't live in a madhouse," Mitch told her as he reached out to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. "Your family are really nice."

Nicole laughed. "You should see them all in the morning fighting over the last piece of bacon."

"I'll probably fight for the last piece of bacon too," Mitch said. "I really should go, Mum wants me to start cooking dinner before her and Dad get home from work."

"Okay," Nicole said softly. "See you tomorrow?" She asked.

Mitch smiled, leaning down he kissed her on the lips. "You bet. Bye babe."

"See ya." Nicole said, closing the door behind him.

"Nic, can I talk to you?" Nicole had just closed the door behind Mitch when she heard Brax's voice.

She sighed. "What do you want to talk about, Brax?"

Brax looked at her, running a hand through his hair as he exhaled. "We need to talk about what you called me before."

Nicole sighed again as she sat down on the coffee table. "I don't know what to say, Brax. It just slipped out."

"It meant a lot to me, you calling me Dad." Brax told her as he sat down in the armchair opposite her.

"I guess I do see you as my dad," Nicole said honestly. "But I do have another Dad as well."

"I understand that, Nic."

"I just feel like I'm betraying my dad in some way." Nicole said softly, looking up at him.

"Nic, you're allowed to feel that way, but your Dad would want you to be happy."

"I'm scared, Brax, it feels like I'm still betraying my Dad in some way."

"You're allowed to feel that way. But listen, my kids call Charlie mum, and Tegan doesn't seem to mind, she's happy about it. Your dad probably feels the same way," Brax told her. "I see you as a daughter Nic, you know that. I love you and the rest of you brats."

"Hey!" Nicole protested.

Brax grinned. "Do you know how much hassle it is putting up with you lot?"

Nicole grinned in spite of herself. "We're not brats."

"Yeah? Who put hair dye in my shampoo?" Brax asked.

Nicole smirked. "Got ya. That was Kyle and Case"

Brax shook his head. "Those two are basically my kids" Brax said and Nicole smiled softly. "You know if it helps then perhaps you can talk to Tegan"

Nicole shrugged. "I don't think I need to, is it okay to call you dad? I might not do it all the time but when it feels right?"

Brax nodded. "Yeah, of course. Maybe one day that's all I'll hear out of your mouth"

Nicole giggled. "Maybe…Father"

Brax sighed, shaking his head in disgust. "I hate that name. Bianca is gonna pay for bringing that up in front of you kids"

Nicole laughed as she stood up. "Auntie Bi's cool, I bet she could pull some pranks"

Brax jumped up. "Don't even ask her! She's like a…a…she's a master at pulling pranks"

Nicole rolled her eyes. "You're exaggerating"

Brax looked mortified. "Are you kidding? With the help of Heath she once put plastic wrap on the outside of my bedroom door, I couldn't get out. I was stuck; I had to run through it, it wasn't easy"

Nicole burst out laughing. "Come on!"

Brax shook his head. "She put toothpaste in a can of whipped cream; I put it on my waffles!"

Case laughed as he walked into the room. "What about the time she got you drunk and then hid a rubber snake in your bed, you ran out of the house in your boxers screaming 'Snake Attack'" Casey couldn't contain the laugher at that one and neither could Darcy who leaned against the door.

"What about the time she put itchy power in your brush, you couldn't work out why you had itchy hair for three weeks straight. She convinced you that you had nits in your hair."

Bianca giggled as she came into the house, Charlie by her side. "The best prank I ever pulled I had to recruit all the kids for. It started out as a small joke, I was going to fill the house with balloons and but then I got this idea. I put confetti in the balloons, water, jelly, glue and hot pink feathers in separate buckets in the doorways four bedrooms. I hid in the back one with the kids" Bianca laughed. "Brax came home and was so pissed off, he started popping balloons and confetti was going everywhere. He got even angrier; we were killing ourselves laughing cause he was cursing the day I was born as all these buckets fell on him. He eventually found us in the back room. He was covered in hot pink feathers, jelly and confetti. It was hilarious"

Charlie burst out laughing at the sight of Brax red face glaring at Bianca. "It took four showers! And a week to clean the house" Brax turned to Charlie. "Why are you laughing? Don't think she's your friend, she'll turn on you and one day you'll wake up cuffed to the bed in purple fluffy handcuff, with your face drawn on so you're a clown"

"Bianca" Charlie exclaimed.

Bianca shrugged. "All my pranks were for the sake of making Brax miserable"

Brax wiggled his eyes. "Purple handcuffs, Charlie"

"Eww dad, too much information." Darcy cringed.

"Yeah, we don't need to hear about yours and mums sex life." Jack grimaced.

"What sex life?" Charlie asked, glaring at Brax.

"You're the one that moans about being fat." Jack pointed out. Charlie's lip started to quiver.

"I'm fat because I've got these massive fat twins growing inside me!" Charlie howled. "Brax, I want pickles and ice cream!"

"I got a better idea," Brax said, walking into the kitchen. He grinned as he located a bucket and filled it with water. Walking back into the lounge, he snuck up behind Charlie and…..

"What the ****!" Charlie screamed as she felt water tip all over her head. "Brax!"

Brax grinned.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Charlie screamed.

"She probably would." Ruby murmured to Casey, seeing how mad Charlie was, no one would want to mess with her.

"Let's call this a little bit of payback." Brax told Charlie, cocking his head to the side.

"Arghhhhh!" Charlie screamed. That's it Darryl Braxton, you're dead!" Charlie shouted as she moved towards him.

Brax laughed as he ducked out into the backyard. "Are you gonna catch me are you?" Brax taunted as Charlie advanced on him, he ran backwards so he could look into her eyes, clearly taunting her. "Come on baby, bit slow there"

Charlie tried to keep the smile out of her eyes as she attempted to run a little faster causing him to quicken up his pace and topple back into the pool.

"Holy ****!" Brax shouted.

The kids couldn't contain their giggles as Brax frantically came back up to the surface.

"Nice swim dad?" Joey teased.

"Is that how you pull a prank, dad?" Ruby asked.

"That backfired! Are you feeling refreshed, daddy?" Cassie asked.

"That's the best thing I've ever seen!" Lucas laughed as he fell onto his butt. "Dad you suck!"

"Here, honey," Charlie said, handing Brax a towel with a massive grin on her face. "Never mess with the Queen of Pranks!"

"We'll see, I'll get you eventually." Brax told her as he pulled of his shirt to dry himself off.

"I don't think so, Brax," Charlie said. "Anyway, I gotta go, I have my doctors' appointment," Charlie said as she leant up to kiss Brax on the lips. Brax wrapped his arms around her, getting water on her.

"Brax!" Charlie squealed.

"Am I coming to this appointment?" Brax asked.

"We need someone to look after the kids." Charlie told him.

"We can do it Mum, let Brax go with you." Nicole said, indicating to her, Ruby and Casey.

"The house still better be in one piece when we come back," Charlie warned. "Extra points if you make lasagne and garlic bread."

"I'm sure we can make something." Ruby said.

"Now go!" Nicole exclaimed, seeing Ruby mouth 'Angelo's' to her she grinned. "We'll sort out dinner."

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review. Let us know what you think.

Archived