Guest Miranda

Story Title: Angelo and Nicole Make Lunch

Type of story: One shot

Main Characters: Angelo, Nicole, Liam

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Fluffy!

Does story include spoilers: No.

Any warnings: Sexual content!

Summary: Angelo invites Nicole out for a picnic.

Just something I wrote to cheer myself up when feeling ill. It worked!

Nicole was at a loose end. She had her baby back, but he had just fallen asleep after a feed so wouldn’t wake up for hours.

Her phone rang. She saw it was Angelo, so she let it ring a few times, not wanting to sound too keen.

“Hi.”

“Just wondered if you wanted some lunch. We could go on a picnic. If that doesn’t sound too- if you want to- I mean-“

“Angelo! Yes, I do.”

“Can you come round to my place? I’ve got the food here, you don’t have to do anything.”

“Okay, I’ll be about an hour.”

She did a little dance after ending the call.

Carefully placing her son in his pram, then collecting all his things and her own, she eventually set off for Angelo’s house.

He met her at the door with a wicker hamper.

“Ooh, classy,” she mocked.

“Well, I’m a classy type of guy.”

“So I’m not a classy girl?”

“No- yes- I didn’t mean-“

“I’m teasing you, you idiot.”

How cute did he look when flustered?

“Where are we going?”

“I thought I’d pick a place we never go to, like the beach.” He laughed at her in return. “Might as well make the most of it. Do you want to see what I’ve got?”

“Oh yes, I’d love to see what you’ve got.” She giggled suggestively.

He opened the hamper, finding it hard to speak as he was laughing.

“Baked ricotta, potato and witlof salad, chicken and chorizo skewers, orange blossom shortbreads,” he recited, then looked up at her lack of response.

A tear was running down her cheek.

“I can’t remember the last time anyone did such a nice thing for me,” she gulped.

“Aw, don’t, you’ll start me off.” He stepped over to her.

“It’s the stupid hormones, still whizzing around.”

“That’s normal, you’ve just had a baby.”

She laughed through the tears. “Don’t remind me. I’m not having another one you know.”

“I think all women say that.” He wanted to hug her but wasn’t sure, so just gazed at her.

They were inches apart, a tiny gap physically but a world apart in another way. She gazed up into his eyes, then stepped forwards and put her arms round him. To her relief, his arms went round her in a second, so she lifted her mouth and kissed him. After so many months of being untouched by a man, it was like a new awakening.

“I want you,” she whispered into his chest after the kiss finished.

“Are you sure? What about the baby?”

“Yes, I am. He’ll be asleep for a while.”

He led her to his bedroom. It was fortunate that his house mates were all out.

They fell onto the bed and began kissing each other, taking clothes off, then wriggled under the covers.

Angelo was so worried about hurting her so soon after the birth that he was careful and gentle, but it was too frustrating.

“You can get more into it, you know,” she breathed, feeling she might explode in a minute.

“Are you sure?” He was hovering on the brink.

“Yes! Yes, I’m sure!”

So he thrust his worries aside and did as she wanted.

Afterwards they both lay there grinning. Nicole sneaked a quick look at him. How come she hadn’t noticed how good looking he was before? Even though she’d known him for years, he’d just been there on the edge of her consciousness. He glanced over and she turned away coyly. She felt like she’d woken from a sleep. No man had wanted her while she was pregnant, they’d kept away from her like she had a disease. But Angelo had been there for her, completely.

He watched her. He’d always thought she was beautiful but she’d been a school girl, caught up in homework, boyfriends, HSCs. But now she was a woman and a mother, blossoming. Why had he bothered getting involved with Charlie and all her problems when Nicole was here? He quickly pushed thoughts of Charlie away with distaste. Nicole was just so much better.

She glanced back and met his eyes, blushing.

“Come here.” He held out his arms and she fell into them, feeling comfortable and safe, playing with the blond hairs on his chest.

They dozed, cuddled up together happily. Fulfilled.

They were woken by his mobile phone ringing. He reached over for it with difficulty, not wanting to let her go.

“Hello? What? Oh, I forgot.”

He held the phone away from him as the caller shouted angrily.

“Who’s that?” asked Nicole.

“Brax. Listen, mate, I just forgot okay, I’ll come down as soon as I can.”

More shouting.

“Yes, alright! Jeez, calm down, will you! I’ll be there in a minute.”

“What’s the matter with him?” Nicole felt a giggle beginning.

“I forgot I was supposed to be there to help him promote the Surf Carnival.” He looked guilty for a second then laughed. “Oops.”

“Oh dear, here’s me keeping you away from your job.” She giggled.

“I’m glad you did, I’d much rather be here.” He kissed her for a long time, then reluctantly got out of bed.

“Is he cross about the food you nicked for our picnic?”

“Yes, but who cares. He’s always using the business for his own activities, it’s about time I did too.” He looked completely unashamed.

She watched him putting his clothes on with no hurry. How had she not noticed his body years ago? Had she been wearing dark glasses?

“I wonder about Brax sometimes, I really do,” he said as he pulled on his t shirt.

“Why?”

“He is obsessed with money. That is all he thinks about, literally. There are other things in life.”

“Obviously.” She grinned. “Perhaps we should go on a double date with him and Charlie. That might make him forget about money.”

“God! Don’t even joke. That wouldn’t even be a bit funny.”

“Sure you want to go to the surf carnival?” She posed invitingly, hands behind her head, letting her leg trail out of bed.

He made a frustrated noise. “No, but I have to. I’ll be two hours, tops. Make yourself at home here, I’ll rush back.”

After another long kiss, he left. She heard the front door click and Angelo greeting someone. After a while, she realised how hungry she was, so borrowed his shirt and wandered out into the kitchen.

“Afternoon,” said Liam, who was on the sofa fiddling with his guitar.

“Oh, hi.” She beamed.

“So, you and Ange, eh?”

“Yes.” She couldn’t stop smiling.

“I’m really happy for you Nic, you deserve it.” Liam smiled back. “Help yourself to any of our food or drink, we just went shopping yesterday.”

“Thanks.” She suddenly remembered the picnic hamper, sitting waiting on the floor by the sofa. Like herself and Angelo, it hadn’t even made it out of the front door.

“Oh, I wondered what that was,” he said. “Did you- oh, I won’t ask.”

Nicole giggled and opened it. What a feast.

“Any spare?” he asked, peering over.

“No, none. It’s for me and my boyfriend only.”

Comments

Archived