In Good Times And In Bad

Guest XXXh&aXXX

• 2 weeks later...

hello again, sorry i've taken a while to update, but here's the next chapter now, i think this chapter is very bad but you can make your own opinion, enjiy :D :

Chapter 7:

Jack was standing outside the school gates as normal when he saw Millie park up outside the school to drop Macca and Greg off.

‘Mrs Mackenzie,’ Jack shouted as he ran up to her car.

‘Hey Jack,’

‘Hey, is Martha ok?’

‘Yeah, she’s fine; she’ll be taking a lot of time off school though,’

‘Do you know when she’s coming out of hospital?’

‘Yeah, she’s coming home tomorrow,’

‘Really?’

‘Yeah,’

‘How long will she be off school?’

‘Properly the next 2 months,’

‘Ok, thanks, can you tell Martha that I will see her later?’

‘Yeah, sure Jack.’

‘Thanks, Mrs Mackenzie.’ Jack was just about to walk off when Millie said,

‘Oh, and Jack,’

‘Yeah,’

‘Call me Millie, Mrs Mackenzie sounds really, well you know, anyway, get of to school now,’

‘Yeah, just going, won’t be the same without Martha,’

‘I know it won’t, bye Jack,’

‘Bye Millie,’ and with that Jack left. He went back to his friends who all entered the school to go to registration.

They entered knowing full well that Ellie was in the classroom. They hated her more than ever now. She was the one responsible for Lewis hurting Martha, and they were not happy. They sat in their seats which were as far away from Ellie as they could be in that classroom, and they were glad. They couldn’t stand being anywhere near her. Their teacher walked in and started doing the register.

‘Hello class let me do the register and then you can talk between yourselves, ok then, Tasha Andrews,’

‘Here Miss,’ and she carried on and soon got to Martha,

‘Martha Mackenzie,’ there was obviously no reply, ‘Is Martha here?’

‘No Miss,’ Jack answered his teacher,

‘It’s only the second day back at school and someone’s already absent, how are we going to win the prize for best attendance if someone misses school on only the second day back?’

‘That sounds like Martha miss, always letting us down,’ Ellie chuckled.

‘And Martha Mackenzie of all people, she had the best attendance last year, what’s happening, there’s no hope if Martha can’t even come into school,’

‘She won’t be back until another two months miss,’ Jack told his teacher,

‘Two months, what’s happened to her?’

‘She had an accident yesterday after school; she’s in hospital at the moment,’

‘Ok Jack, lets get on with the register,’ and she carried on with the register.

Jack’s day went really slowly, all he wanted to do was see Martha, and that’s properly why the day went so slow. As soon as school was over he was desperate to go and see Martha. He went straight down to the hospital. He was surprised that no one else but Martha was there.

‘Hey,’ he said as he entered the room,

‘Hey,’ Martha replied as he went and sat on the edge of her bed.

‘All on your own where you?’

‘Yeah, sadly, but now you’re here I don’t need to worry.’

‘Yeah, and I don’t have much to do today so I can stay as long as you like,’

‘Good,’

‘Yeah that is good isn’t it? Spending time with me that is?’

‘Yeah of course,’ They both laughed for a few seconds, then Martha turned serious again,

‘Jack?’

‘Yeah,’

‘Well, Melissa said something to me yesterday about you and I want to know if it’s true,’

‘Yeah, and what did she say?’ Jack had a fair idea, asking a nine year old to keep a secret can be impossible.

‘She said you love me,’

‘Did she now>’

‘Yeah, well?’

‘Well what?’

‘Do you love me? Or did my sister just make it up?’

‘Would you believe me if I said no?’

‘That depends, is it the truth?’

‘Maybe,’ Jack had a smile on his face,

Just answer, do you love me or not?’

‘Yes, ok, I do love you,’

‘That’s good then,’

‘Why?’

‘Because I love you too,’

‘Why did we never say anything to each other?’ Jack looked over at Martha who looked to have as little clue as he did,

‘Don’t know,’ she answered honestly,

‘Do you think that we’re together?’

‘If you want it to be like that, yes,’

‘Ok then, yes I do want to be with you, I always have wanted to and I don’t know how I haven’t asked you out before,’ Jack finally finished his long answer.

‘Ok then, we’re officially together.’

‘Seeming as there’s no one around do you think we can have our first kiss now?’

‘Sure we can, I have no problem with doing anything with you in public, so why would I worry if no one’s around?’

‘Good point,’ and with that Jack lent forwards towards Martha and finally their lips meet for the first time ever. They pulled apart for just a second before their lips met again, but this time with more passion. Millie walked through the door just at that second to see her daughter kissing, who obviously was her new boyfriend.

‘I’ll just go and get a coffee shall I?’

‘Oh, hi mum,’ all three of them started laughing, ‘could you go and get a coffee, there’s something I want to tell Jack?’

‘Yeah, sure sweetie, I’ll be back in 5 minutes,’ they both laughed as Millie went out the door,

‘What a way for people to find out, huh?’ Martha looked over at Jack who was still laughing.

‘Yeah, what did you want to talk about?’

‘Well, you know when the police told me to tell them everything and I said I did?’

‘Yeah, why?’

‘Because I lied, I didn’t tell them everything,’

‘What didn’t you tell them?’

‘He, he…’

PREVIEW: Will Martha finally tell Jack about Lewis? or will she chicken out?

Any comments? :D

• 3 months later...

Here is finally a new chapter, sorry it took so long but it's here now, i've been very busy. any way, here it is:

Chapter 8:

‘He what Martha?’ Martha paused. This was harder than she thought it would be. She knew it would be hard, but not this hard.

‘What did he do Martha?’

‘Before he hit me he,’

‘He what?’ Martha took a deep breath,

‘He raped me,’ she nearly whispered to make sure no one else heard,

‘He did what? Did you just say that he raped you?’ Martha nodded her yes.

‘Why didn’t you tell anyone?’ Jack looked at her sympathetically. He could see that she was struggling to hold back the tears.

‘I don’t know, I just didn’t want to think about it, can you please not tell anyone?’

‘What? Martha, you have to tell someone. I know it pains you to talk about it, but if you tell someone then Lewis can get what’s coming to him,’

‘Please Jack, I really don’t want to, he will be charged for assault, it’s not like he gets away without a punishment at all, please?’

‘Ok, but I don’t like it, as long as you know that,’

‘Yeah, I do, thanks so much Jack,’

‘That’s ok, at least I know, and I can help you get through it,’ Jack pulled Martha into a tight hug, never wanting to let her go. He though that if he never let go of her this would never happen again. But he knew he couldn’t, he would have to let go of her eventually.

‘Anyway, I’m coming out tomorrow, so how about you come around to mine after school? I’m sure my mum would pick you up if you wanted,’

‘Yeah, I’d love to. I better go now, sorry, my mum will be waiting for me,’

‘Why do you have to go so soon?’

‘Because he has homework to do,’ a voice came from the door. They both looked that direction and saw Katie standing there.

‘Oh, hey Katie,’

‘Hey Martha, how are you?’

‘I’m fine, I could be worst,’

‘Could be, anyway Jack, we better get going,’

‘Ok, mum, I will come around and see you tomorrow, bye,’ he leant over a gave her a quick kiss, and walked to the door.

‘Yeah, bye,’ she waved him off.

As Jack and Katie were walking down the hall towards the exit Katie turned to her son,

‘You’ve got together with Martha haven’t you?’

‘I don’t know what on earth gave you that idea,’ Katie smiled at her son who seemed so in love with a really nice girl and she just hoped that it would last as Martha made him very happy.

The next day went quite quickly for Jack, probably because he was day dreaming about Martha. All of his friends tried to get him out of it but couldn’t. They had no idea that Jack had got together with Martha and now he couldn’t get her out of his head. It came to lunch time and him and his friends were sitting where they usually sat. Tasha was the first one to talk about Jack’s daydreaming.

‘Jack, what on earth are you thinking about?’

‘What do you mean?’

‘You’ve been day dreaming all day, it must be something good, you’re so happy,’ Robbie entered himself quickly into the conversation.

‘Ok, but let me explain first, ok?’

‘Ok, so explain,’ Lexie said as she moved in closer.

‘Well as you know I went to see Martha yesterday, oh, by the way she’s coming out of hospital today,’

‘Really?’ Tasha squealed.

‘Yeah, anyway, her sister, Melissa was around my house the other day visiting Lucas, and she found out something about me and told Martha.’

‘What did she find out and tell Martha about?’

‘About how I love her,’

‘Ahh, that’s so cute, and let me guess, she told you that she knew you loved her and that she felt the same way so you kissed and got together.’ Tasha was very good at guessing.

‘Yeah,’

‘Did you kiss as well?’ Lexie was the girl in their group who always had to know everything.

‘Yeah,’

‘That’s even more cute,’ Tasha squealed again.

‘You two make the best couple ever,’ Robbie stated.

‘Thanks Rob.’ Jack replied to Robbie’s statement.

‘If Martha’s going home today tell her that I’ll be around later,’ Tasha told Jack.

‘Sure thing, I’m sure she’ll love to see you,’

‘I know she’ll want to see me.’

As Jack was coming out of his last lesson he saw Macca and Greg.

‘Hey Macca, hey Greg,’

‘Hey Mate, coming with us,’

‘Sure am if you’re going straight home, I’m going to see Martha,’

‘Ahh, the new girlfriend, just make sure you look after her, especially because she’s our sister,’

‘Hear you loud and clear, I will look after your sister,’

‘And that includes not making her have sex until she’s ready,’

‘I would never do that anyway!’

‘Good, now lets go, Martha will be waiting for you.’

They arrived at the Mackenzie’s farm and Jack was sent upstairs to Martha’s room where Martha was resting. Jack knocked on the door.

‘Hello,’

‘Hey Jack, I would run up to you but my hip hurts too much,’

‘Oh, don’t worry, I’ll come over to you instead,’ Jack walked over to Martha’s bed and perched himself on the end.

‘Can you come a bit closer? I want to be able to hug you,’

‘Anything you want,’ he moved in closer and his arms around her, he then lent in and gave her a quick kiss,

‘Oh, by the way Tash said that she would come over today,’

‘I wonder if she will, does she know we’re together?’

‘Yeah, all of our friends know.’

‘Good,’

‘I wonder when Tasha will get here,’

At that moment they heard a knock at the front door, the door being opened and someone being instructed upstairs.

‘I think that’s her now. Do you want to give her something to see?’

‘Of course,’ Jack then leaned down to her and their lips met with full passion and they made sure that it lasted until Tasha entered Martha’s room.

‘Ok you two, give it a rest’ Tasha said as she entered the room,

‘Hey Tash,’

‘Hey Mac, how are you feeling?’

‘Ok, a little sore, but that’s expected,’

‘Ahh, give me a hug Mac.’ Tasha walked over to where Martha was and gave her a big hug.

‘When will you be back at school?’

‘Well, I have an operation in a week this Friday, yeah, so a week tomorrow and it will probably take me one and a half months to heal enough so I should be at school after that.’

‘That’s so long,’

‘I know, but I don’t want to go back to school too soon.’

‘Yeah, I understand, it’s just too long to wait,’

‘I know but next week you will be allowed to miss school to say bye to me before my operation and wait for me to come out,’

‘Really?’

‘Yeah, all my friends and family get to,’

‘That’s great, we get to miss school and spend time with you.’

‘Remember I will be in theatre for a few hours.’

‘I do realise that.’

‘That’s good,’

‘Anyway, better get of, only dropped round to say hi and see how you’re going,’

‘Ok, see you later Tash.’

‘Yeah, see ya,’

‘Bye Jack, bye Martha,’

‘Bye Tash,’ Jack and Martha said together.

‘Well I better get going as well,’

‘Do you have to?’

‘Sorry, I will see you soon,’

‘Ok, bye,’

‘Bye Martha,’ Jack gave her a quick hug and kiss and left.

• 4 months later...

Here is the next chapter at long last!!! Enjoy :D !!!

Chapter 9:

It was the Friday Martha was having her operation. She had gone to the hospital Thursday afternoon. Martha looked at the clock and it read nine o’clock. She knew her friends would be here soon and then she would have to go to theatre for her operation. As on queue all of her friends arrived.

“hey” Jack said as he walked over to Martha and gave her a quick hard kiss.

‘’You two, wait till you’re alone, please,’ Lexie squealed from the door.

‘If you don’t want to see it don’t look,’ Martha said cheekily,

‘Ha ha,’ Lexie turned around and folded her arms like she was sulking.

‘How are you feeling?’ Jack asked as he put his arm around Martha.

‘Not too bad, I suppose, I just hope nothing else goes wrong,’

‘You would be very unlucky if it did,’ Tasha laughed.

‘True, hopefully once this is over the pain in my side will go for ever. Even though it’s not always there, every time any pressure is put on it, it really hurts.’ The doctor then walked through the door.

‘Ok Martha, if your friends leave for a few minuets we can get you ready for theatre and then they can come back in and wave you off.’

‘Ok,’ everyone left the room. Once she was ready they waved her off. After a few hours Martha was brought back to her room and everyone waited for her to wake up.

‘Come on Martha, wake up, I’m bored.’ Lexie moaned.

‘You’ve been bored for the last god knows how long.’

‘But it’s so boring waiting for your friend to wake up.’

‘Just stop moaning Lexie,’ Jack looked back down at Martha who was just beginning to stir. ‘Hey Martha,’ Jack said as she opened her eyes.

‘Hey,’

‘How are you feeling?’

‘A little sore but I’m sure that it’s just because of the operation.’

‘Yeah, I’m sure it will go off,’ at that moment a doctor came through the door.

‘Hello Martha, how are you feeling?’

‘Ok, I suppose, a little sore.’

‘Well that’s to be expected. I’m going to take you up for a scan to make sure everything’s ok,’

‘Ok, doctor,’ Martha was soon wheeled out of the room. She was brought back down a few minutes later. It was a few hours later and the doctor came back through the door, Martha guessed that she was coming with her test results.

‘Hello again, your test results are back,’ the doctor turned to Martha’s friends, ‘Can I talk to Martha alone for a few minutes, I will come and get you once we’ve finished.’

‘Ok,’ they all replied and left the room.

‘Well, I think its bad news,’

‘What is it?’

‘Your test results show that…’

Outside her room her friends were quite worried.

‘There must be something wrong,’ Jack said.

‘We don’t know that, they could be telling her everything’s ok,’

‘Yeah, they really would ask us to leave the room if everything was OK!’

‘Unfortunately, I have to agree,’

A few minutes later and they were allowed back in.

‘I will go and make that call now,’ the doctor said to Martha and left the room, Jack could see the look on Martha’s face, it wasn’t happy.

‘What’s wrong Martha?’

‘I…’

Archived