Jodi Gordon in Good Health magazine

Guest **Julie**

Jodi Gordon interview

Good Health

gh_apr_article.jpg

Home and Away actress Jodi Gordon has emerged from a difficult period of her life stronger than ever. Here, she talks with Kate Minogue.

You seem on top of the world. What has helped you through the recent challenges you've faced?

Last year was a very big year for me, in many ways. Throughout the good and bad, one thing I've always focused on is my fitness. For me, it's exercise that puts me in the right frame of mind to keep moving forward. Over the past six months, I've developed a new love for exercise.

Do you follow a special diet?

If I need to trim down for a shoot, I'll cut back on carbs and eat more fruit, vegetables, chicken and fish. My eating habits? Hmmm, let's just say I have a super-sweet tooth that I like giving in to. Chocolate is my favourite treat. I also really enjoy baking, so I often make cakes and biscuits. My days are always so different because of the Home and Away schedule, so my diet varies a bit – salads, chicken, ham, Vita-Weats and wraps are daily favourites. I love fresh, healthy food — I'm just getting into sushi and loving it!

What's your exercise routine like?

I really enjoy walking and running, so I try to get out every day. I love routine when it comes to exercise as I like to know exactly what I'm doing and what it's doing for me. Also, I do two to three sessions of Pilates a week.

And what's happening on Home and Away?

My character, Martha, has a huge few months coming up. I'm really excited for her and the new journey she is about to embark on – it will be incredibly different to anything she has ever done before. I've been on Home and Away for five years and it's been the most rewarding and life-changing experience. I'm with Home and Away until the middle of the year, then, who knows?

What would you like to be doing in 10 years' time?

Getting married and having kids is an important part of my life I look forward to, but I don't think it will happen in the near future. As for my career, I'd love to work on a good Australian drama series and I look forward to doing film!

Skincare item "Proactiv — I don't know what I'd do without it."

Movie "Nine — amazing cast, amazing movie."

Items that signify you "I love the Dior watch I got from my family for Christmas,

Fragrance "Hermès Vétiver Tonka."

Gadget "My iPhone."

Beauty item Lucas Papaw Ointment.

Tony bianco "I absolutely love the new Tony Bianco range. It's all about the boot."

For the complete story, see the April 2010 issue of Good Health.

Archived