Survey for mothers

Guest Dotti

Survey

Are you a single parent?

How many children have you had?

Did you want to know the sex of the baby before it was born? Were you happy with the result of the sex?

Did you do any research/courses before you had your baby (in order to prepare for the first stages of life).

What’s the most difficult thing about having a newborn? How did you go about managing this?

Did your baby cry a lot? If so how did you handle this? How did it make you feel?

Do you think its okay for a newborn or any baby to sleep with you in your bed? Explain.

Do you prefer a baby to be feed by breast or a formula?

In terms of lack of sleep, how did you make sure you were getting enough sleep? What time management strategies did you put in place?

Have you suffered from Post Natal Depression?

What advice would you give to new mothers or young mums?

I'm gathering data for an assignment, help would appreicated :)

Survey

Are you a single parent? [bNo]

How many children have you had? 1

Did you want to know the sex of the baby before it was born? Were you happy with the result of the sex? No and yes.

Did you do any research/courses before you had your baby (in order to prepare for the first stages of life).Brought baby magazines but didn't read any books written by so called experts.

What’s the most difficult thing about having a newborn? How did you go about managing this? Lack of sleep. Sleep when baby sleeps. Ask friends to baby sit so you can sleep. But they have to look after them in your home.

Did your baby cry a lot? If so how did you handle this? How did it make you feel? Yes my daughter dried a lot. So do all babies. You stay calm and talk to the baby calmly and in a quiet manner.

Do you think its okay for a newborn or any baby to sleep with you in your bed? Explain. No i don't. Babies get so used to sleeping in there parents beds that they start to have sepperation issues and want sleep in there own beds. My daughter never slept in bed with me.

Do you prefer a baby to be feed by breast or a formula? That decision should . to be left up to the mother and the mother alone. Not the midwifes or the so called experts who tell you that breast is best and that your baby will never get sick or die and be really smart if you breast feed..

In terms of lack of sleep, how did you make sure you were getting enough sleep? What time management strategies did you put in place?Sleep as often as you can. Short naps are good.

Have you suffered from Post Natal Depression? No.

What advice would you give to new mothers or young mums?Don't listen to those so called experts. Usually they are wrong. ASk family members and close friends that have/had small babies for help. One important thing. Enjoy them while they are little they grow up so fast.

Are you a single parent? no im married

How many children have you had? 3 so far

Did you want to know the sex of the baby before it was born? Were you happy with the result of the sex?

yes i found out. wanted 3 girls, got 2 girls and a boy. easier to prepare if u know

Did you do any research/courses before you had your baby (in order to prepare for the first stages of life). no but i grew up surrounded by babies and kids so i had a lot of esperience

What’s the most difficult thing about having a newborn? How did you go about managing this?

lack of sleep. remember that it doesnt last long and it gets easier

Did your baby cry a lot? If so how did you handle this? How did it make you feel?

yes cried a lot, i was lucky to have lots of support. i felt overwhelmed at times

Do you think its okay for a newborn or any baby to sleep with you in your bed? Explain.

if it suits the parents and is safe. wouldnt work for me coz im a heavy sleeper

Do you prefer a baby to be feed by breast or a formula? makes no difference. iv done both

In terms of lack of sleep, how did you make sure you were getting enough sleep? What time management strategies did you put in place? ask for help. go to bed early, sleep whenever u can. mostly ask for help.

Have you suffered from Post Natal Depression? yes with my 2nd. he was (and still is) challenging

What advice would you give to new mothers or young mums? it gets easier. dont let anyone make u feel like ur not doing well. ask for help when u need it.

Archived