Sydney Children’s Hospital’s Gold Week Ambassadors

Guest Barbara

Sydney Children's Hospital's Gold Week Ambassadors

March 30, 2009

Celebrity chefs Peter Evans (Hugos) and Serge Dansereau (Bather's Pavilion), Jodi Gordon (Home and Away), Jaynie Seal (Channel Nine Weather Presenter), Adam Brand (Country Music Artist) and Hi-5 (Children's Entertainers) have all come on board as Sydney Children's Hospital's Gold Week Ambassadors, to encourage people across NSW to participate in the Hospital's major annual fundraiser, Gold Week!

Held 1 - 7 June, Gold Week is an opportunity for everyone in NSW to raise vital funds for Sydney Children's Hospital whilst having fun and celebrating life.

We all have lunch everyday. During Gold Week, turn just one lunch Gold and ask your guests to make a donation to the Sydney Children's Hospital. And now is the time to start organising a Gold Lunch at home, work or at school by registering online at www.goldweek.org.au.

Jodi Gordon said "It's very exciting for me, taking on this new role as an ambassador for Gold Week. It's going to be an amazing week full of so many different events and activities taking place across the state. I think everyone at some point in their life has spent time in a hospital or children's hospital. The time and energy the doctors and nurses put in to help their patients is incredibly challenging and admirable. I feel that a campaign like Gold Week is our chance to help in a way where we are able to, by raising money and entertaining. I can't wait!"”

With your help, this year the Sydney Children's Hospital is aiming to raise over half a million dollars for the Hospital. The money will go to the Areas of Greatest Need Fund at the Hospital and help purchase equipment, research and services. This Fund is used by the Hospital to provide priority funding, sometimes at short notice, to vital areas of the Hospital which sometimes may not be well-known to the general public, making a wonderfully positive impact on the care our children receive.

"Sydney Children's Hospital has touched the lives of people from all over NSW. Regardless of where you live, Gold Week is a time to get together with friends, family and colleagues to support the wonderful work of Sydney Children's Hospital," said Adam Check, Chief Executive, Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation.

"Your support will make a positive impact on the lives of seriously ill children so dig deep, have some fun, and play your role in Gold Week 2009 to help us make the lives of sick children a little brighter."

Gold Week merchandise will also be sold through retail partners and official Gold Lunch events held in restaurants across Sydney.

To find out more about Gold Week, register to host a Gold Lunch or to make a donation visit www.goldweek.org.au or call 1800 644 336.

Source

Sydney Children's Hospital's Gold Week: 1 - 7 June 2009

----

The article is from March but I didn't find it on here so I thought I'd post it. :)

Archived