Racy role for Esther

Guest **Julie**

Racy role for Esther

Herald Sun

August 18 2008

GEELONG girl made good Esther Anderson can swap handcuffs and holster for a frock and fascinator as the face of a Flemington event.

After moving to Sydney in March to play cop Charlie Buckton on Home and Away, Anderson said she was happy to be heading home and getting dolled up in her role as ambassador of the Decjuba Girls Day Out on September 6.

"I miss home and just being able to pop over to my sister's or best friend's or family's place for a coffee," the brunette said.

"But to be honest, I've been so busy so even if I was filming in Melbourne, I'd have no time anyway, so it's great to be coming back for the races."

Anderson said she loved being at the track, having grown up with horses and last year enjoying the marquee fun thanks to her stint as a reporter on Postcards.

But moving to the harbour city has been a whirlwind for the former model, with 12-hour days on the set of the long-running soap, 5.30am starts and learning pages of dialogue.

"It's been full-on filming some juicy storylines that are coming up," Anderson said. "Charlie's a bit highly strung and a bit of hard work for the boys.

"Script-wise, some of the actors have photographic memories, which makes me feel sick. I have to go over and over it a lot. I used to use a dictaphone, but I'm getting better.

"The romantic storylines are probably easier to do because the police jargon is a lot harder to remember."

She's also still finding her way around Sydney.

"Home and Away location and home, but the other day I was picking up some friends from the airport and got totally lost from there to my own apartment,'' she said.

Archived