Tammin Sursok restless with Emmy fever

Guest **Julie**

Tammin Sursok restless with Emmy fever

Herald Sun

June 20 2008

AUSSIE Tammin Sursok will have plenty of support at tonight's Daytime Emmy Awards in the US: her parents and boyfriend will be in the audience.

Sursok is up for the Best Young Actor award for her role as Colleen in the long-running soap, The Young and the Restless.

Yesterday she was remaining coy about the name of her American boyfriend, and would only hint that he was a filmmaker and had movies coming out soon.

"We are really happy," she said.

The glamorous actor said she was still deciding which of two dresses she would wear to the big event; one is from Aussie designer-to-the-stars Alex Perry.

"I am always pretty indecisive with things like that. I will probably try them both in the afternoon and then make a decision," she said.

She said even being nominated for the award had made a huge difference to her profile.

"People are a lot more aware of who I am," she said. "It has already opened a few more doors for me."

Although Sursok is thriving in LA, she said she was there for work only. "LA will never be my home. I just make it as comfortable as possible while I am here," she said.

"I will be back sooner than later."

Sursok's secret almost out

The Daily Telegraph

June 20 2008

MUM was the word - in more ways than one - for Aussie soap star Tammin Sursok yesterday.

On the eve of sharing the thrill of her first daytime Emmy Awards with her Sydney-based parents, Sursok was also keeping schtum about the identity of her American film-maker boyfriend.

But in less than 24 hours the former Home and Away star will learn if she's scored the prize for outstanding younger actress for her role on The Young and the Restless - and we'll know if she's taking her US beau along for the red carpet ride.

Gossip aside, Sursok's spotlight moment will be one to savour, flying her Sydney-based parents Julie and Daryl to Los Angeles to be by her side.

"I am very lucky this time around to be able to bring mum and dad from Sydney," she said.

When she won a Logie in 2001, playing Dani Sutherland on the Summer Bay series, they weren't able to attend.

"It's great to be able to share this experience with them," Sursok told TV editor Erin McWhirter.

"Just being nominated opens up lots of doors . . . America is tough but I think that once you get a little step in the door," the 24-year-old said.

As for nerves in the countdown to the American TV night of nights, Sursok clearly isn't feeling them.

"I guess I should be on the treadmill and exercising, but I've just finished a big bowl of ice cream so I must be pretty relaxed," she said.

The career high continues for the young star, who is also in the midst of playing the lead role in an all-singing, all-dancing musical film Spectacular! in Canada.

Archived