Libby Kennedy returns to Ramsay Street

Guest simmins

Libby Kennedy Comes Home

Libby is welcomed back to Ramsay St - but she's hiding a terrible secret

After a long absence Libby is about to make her much anticipated return to Ramsay Street. But it seems she's a woman who has a lot to hide. In some compelling scenes, Susan and Karl's beloved daughter returns to Erinsborough from Shepparton with her son Ben (Blake O'Leary). She is determined to be there for Susan, who is facing one of the most difficult times of her life. But we soon discover that Libby is under pressure too, and keeping a devastating secret from her family - something she's desperate to keep under wraps. To add to this, Libby's boyfriend, Darren (Todd MacDonald), for whom she moved to Shepparton, is notably absent. What's happened?

Kym Valentine, who has returned to Neighbours after three years to reprise the role of Libby, confirms that all is not well for the Kennedys' only daughter. "Libby's definitely had a major personal drama in her life," Kym reveals. "But she doesn't want to burden anyone with it. I think Libby is almost ashamed of what happened. She doesn't want to talk about it, so she just puts on a happy face. But things are certainly not fine."

Meanwhile, Libby is in for a terrible shock soon after her return. Susan, who is on trial for the hit-and-run accident involving Bridget, has been in hospital undergoing a series of tests. And the results leave everyone shattered! "Libby has come back to support Susan, with everything that she is going through with the trial," Kym says. "But Libby doesn't realise that her mother is unwell until she gets back. It's all new information and it's a very hard time. There's certainly some drama in the Kennedy house right now, but that's great. It's character driven storylines, which I think people love."

Libby and Susan have always been close, as have Kym and Jackie in real life. "We are such good friends," Kym says, "and it wouldn't have made sense if Libby hadn't come back for Susan during this time. It would have been one of those things where people kept saying 'Libby really should be here!' So when Libby finds out that her mum is so sick, it's heartbreaking. It hits her like a tonne of bricks and she's trying so hard to be strong - for Susan, as well as for Rachel and Zeke. But it's a real shock, Susan is the backbone of the Kennedy family and to think that she is weak in any way is devastating."

Kym says she didn't have to think too hard when the Neighbours producers gave her a call. "It was pretty straightforward really," she laughs. "I love the show. It's part of my DNA, it's part of who I am. It wasn't a difficult decision at all. I think there was always the possibility I would come back one day. It's like an old friend that you're catching up with again - it's fantastic." So will Libby's secret soon be out in the open? "What I can tell you is that Steph is onto it straight away," Kym replies. "Steph, having always been Libby's best friend, can tell a mile off that something's wrong." And one thing's for certain: Libby faces a tough time ahead. "It will become very complicated," Kym hints. "It's something that is not black and white. And Libby just doesn't know how to deal with it."

Libby returns to Neighbours in the week commencing November 12

Libby1.jpg

Libby2.jpg

Libby3.jpg

Libby4.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an amazing storyline this sounds, cant wait to have libby back in ramsay street. It will be great to see mother and daughter back together again, kym and Jackie are amazing actresses and im sure they will do the storyline justice. Im sooo excited :lol: Cant wait to find out what the "terrible secret" is.

What an amazing storyline this sounds, cant wait to have libby back in ramsay street. It will be great to see mother and daughter back together again, kym and Jackie are amazing actresses and im sure they will do the storyline justice. Im sooo excited :lol: Cant wait to find out what the "terrible secret" is.

I agreee!!!! It's going to be great having Libby back!!!

I wanna know NOW what this secret is!! :P

Oh Well Guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!

Siana__x

• 2 weeks later...

Archived