See You in Heaven

Guest kaciexox

I was really bored so I just wrote this. I'm not sure what everyone will think :huh: so please review.

Story Title: See You in Heaven

Type of story: one-shot

Main Characters: Ric and Cassie

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: (SC)

Summary: A story of Ric and Cassie told from Cassie's point of view

SEE YOU IN HEAVEN

I remember that day clearly. Although I didn’t know it then, that day was the end of something for me, but it was also the beginning of something. Still, to this day, I can’t decide whether it was for better or for worse.

The day started normally: wake up, eat breakfast etc. Brad and Sally had taken Pippa out, I can’t remember why, but that’s not the point. The point is, I was sitting at the table, alone in the house. I guess that’s what started the whole thing. If I hadn’t been home alone, then maybe things would have turned out differently, for better or for worse…

I sat at the kitchen table reading a magazine. Well I wasn’t really reading it, I was just flicking through, rolling my eyes every so often at the latest gossip. I didn’t really care that Justin and Cameron broke up, or that Britney was pregnant again. Big deal! I decided that all the drama in Hollywood was incredibly boring. I was much more interested in my own life.

“Hollywood trash,” I muttered throwing the magazine across the table.

“I agree,” said a voice. I turned abruptly to see a boy, about my age, coming through the front door. “Finally someone who thinks so.” He picked up the magazine and flicked through it as I had done only moments before. “Scandalous Hollywood affairs are oh so interesting,” he said sarcastically before also throwing the magazine on the table.

“Excuse me,” I said, “And just who do you think you are?”

“That,” he said sitting down next to me, “depends whose asking.”

“I am,” I said

“Well, duh,” he laughed.

“Well if your not going to tell me who you are, tell me what your doing here.” I said getting frustrated.

“That, is none of your business,” he answered, hiding a smile. He was really getting on my nerves.

“Then leave!”

“Will do,” he got up to leave. Argh! He was so arrogant, so cocky. Just as he was leaving, Sally arrived followed by Brad holding Pippa. She smiled at him.

“You must be Ric,” she said holding out her hand. He shook it. “What are you doing leaving, come inside.” Ric just nodded and followed her in.

“If you don’t mind me saying,” Ric said politely, “You need to get some nicer staff.” Sally looked confused, before realising what he meant.

“Ric, Cassie’s not my ‘staff’, she’s my daughter.” Ric looked embarrassed. He looked over at me. I smiled sweetly at him, before giving him the finger and turning away.

“Argh! He is so up himself. I mean seriously, ‘you need to get some nicer staff’! He has an ego the size of Air’s Rock and he is so arrogant and cocky. To think, he’s going to be LIVING WITH US. I didn’t even know we had a room up for rent! I’m going to have to listen to his voice every single day!” Mattie didn’t comment. We were lying on the beach sun baking and I was describing Ric…in a NICE way!

“Mattie!” I cried, “a little sympathy!” Mattie laughed at me. “And just what is so funny about all of this?”

“It’s so obvious you like him,” Mattie said. I was astounded that she could even think that.

“What makes you think that?” I asked, “Is it the way I’ve been describing him? You know as a big-headed, arrogant, selfish, loser.” I emphasized the word ‘loser’. Mattie just smiled.

“Maybe it’s the fact that you’ve been talking about him for…” she looked at her watch, “the last, hmm, I don’t know, 35 minutes.” I looked at my own watch. Realising the time, I burst into a fit of giggles.

“Ok, so maybe I am a little worked up,” I said laughing, “but that does not mean I like him. Argh, even the thought of it makes my skin crawl. I will never get with him, not now not ever!” Mattie raised her eyebrows.

“We’ll see,”

“What does that mean?” But Mattie just smiled.

It had been two weeks since Ric had moved in. My initial hatred of him had worn off, now I only disliked him…very much. It was the afternoon. Brad, Sally and Pippa had gone off for a weekend away. It was funny how they always seemed to go at inconvenient times, maybe they were convenient times, I still haven’t decided. I was sitting on the lounge watching TV when Ric came in. He had just gone for a late afternoon surf. His hair was tousled and he was wearing no shirt. I found myself suddenly longing to touch him… Ric caught me looking at him. He came and sat next to me on the lounge.

“I’m single,” he said casually, I must have been looking at him strangely because he added, “Just thought I’d save you asking.” I turned to face him.

“You think your so great don’t you?” I said

“I do.” He came closer to me.

“Why do you think I’d interested in you?”

“Cas, I’ve seen you looking at me,” he moved closer again. Our noses were almost touching. The sound of the TV grew softer and softer as I stared at him. Suddenly I wanted him so urgently. I couldn’t stop myself. I pushed my lips against his hungrily. He responded almost immediately. My tongue was exploring the depths of Ric’s mouth, as his tongue was too exploring my mouth. My hands were already on Ric’s bare chest. We were so close now I was practically sitting on him...... And the rest as they say is history. But let me just say we had the house to ourselves that night…

Looking back now, that day when Ric walked into my house, my life changed…for better. Sure, over the years our relationship has caused me heartbreak and pain. But that’s understandable considering the amount of times we broke up. But it also brought me more joy and happiness than I ever could have wished for. However, Ric caused me the most pain and suffering that I have ever endured…his death. And now that he is gone, there are so many things I wished I’d have said or done, but I can’t have any regrets, he wouldn’t have wanted me to. But if there was one thing I could say to him now it would be,

‘I was lucky to know you Ric, see you in heaven.’

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Link to comments thread.

Archived