Topic Title: Ella's Daddy

Topic Description: Ella, Robbie. Rated: G

Type of story: Oneshot

Rating: G

Main Characters: Ella, Robbie

Genre: Children/Family

Warnings:

Is Story being proof read: Yes

Summary: Ella's daddy has something important to tell her.

Ella’s Daddy

Ella and her daddy went to the beach. Ella liked going to the beach. She liked the way the sand felt when it squished between her toes, and the water was fun to splash around in, even if it was a bit cold. Sometimes the waves were too big, and Ella’s daddy had to hold her while she swam so she didn’t get swept away. Ella loved her daddy. She always felt safe with him.

After their swim, Ella and her daddy went to get some ice cream. Ella liked ice cream, but it always melted too fast when she ate it in the sun.

When they’d finished eating, Ella’s daddy wiped away the sticky mess around her mouth. His fingers tickled her chin, and Ella laughed. Her daddy smiled, but then he frowned.

“Ella,” he said, “Daddy has to tell you something. It’s a bit hard to understand, so I want you to listen very carefully, okay?”

Ella nodded and listened.

“You’re getting to be a big girl now, and people might start telling you things about me. They might say that I’m not your real daddy.”

“Why?” asked Ella.

“Well, before you were born, you had a different daddy, but he had to go away.”

“Where did he go?” asked Ella.

“Just away. But your mummy and I loved each other very much, so when you came along, I loved you like you were my own little baby.” He smiled. “You’re my little girl, Elle. You know that, don’t you?”

“Yep,” said Ella with a big grin. “But if you’re not really my daddy, who is?”

“His name is Jonah, and he lives all the way in Australia.”

“Does he live with Grandma Beth?” asked Ella.

Ella’s daddy laughed. “No baby, he doesn’t. But you might be able to meet him when we go there some day.”

Ella thought about it. She wondered what her other daddy could be like. Maybe he was an astronaut, and he could take her up into the stars with him, or a cowboy with lots of pretty horses for her to ride.

Ella looked at her daddy, sitting next to her on the beach. Her other daddy had never taken her to the beach, or kept her safe from the big waves, or wiped her face clean when she’d gotten ice cream all over it.

“Daddy,” she said, looking up at him, “You are my real daddy.”

Ella threw her arms around his neck and gave him a big hug.

Her daddy smiled and hugged her back. “You’ll always be my girl, Elle.”

THE END

Comments

Archived