Happiness Is Real

Guest Home and Away Always!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'm glad you guys are liking it. Because you asked so nicely, here is the next chapter for you. Tell me what you think, as I'm not exactly sure how this story is going or what will happen.

Chapter Three:

The next day Lucas and I sat at the table in the kitchen, pouring over pamphlets and brochures of reception areas and ceremony places for the wedding.

“Ooh, how about this place honey?” I leaned over to show him a pretty sunset setting.

He nodded. “Yeah, but doesn’t it look just like the beach down the road?” he pointed out.

I looked closer at it and cracked up laughing. “Yeah, it does.” I admitted.

“Why don’t we get married at the church where Jack and Martha did?” he said.

I nodded. “That could work. And we could have the reception outside on the big open area overlooking the river.”

“Sounds perfect to me.” Lucas smiled. “So is that what we both want?”

I nodded. “I do. Do you?”

He nodded too. “Well, that’s settled then, what do we need to organise now?” he asked.

I smiled. “I have to go and find a wedding dress!”

Lucas laughed. “Any chance I could come?” he begged.

“No way. You know it’s bad luck!” I looked at the clock. “Actually, I have to go in a minute. Mum is taking Cass, Tash, Martha and I to go and look. So you have to manage without me for a few hours.”

“Oh no, how can I?” he moaned jokingly. “Don’t leave me Mattie!”

I laughed at him. “I’ll be back in a few hours.” I said, leaning over to kiss him softly. “Bye babe.”

He kissed me back. “Bye sweetie. Have fun with all the money.” He laughed.

I smiled back at him as I walked towards the door. “You know I will!” I called back cheerily.

Mum, Cassie, Tasha, Martha and I walked all over Yabbie Creek searching for my dress. I had no idea what I wanted it to look like, but I knew it had to be gorgeous.

We were on what seemed like our twentieth store when we finally found something that fitted me and I liked. It was a glimmering white floor length dress that was tight at the top and flowed from the hips. It had sparkling rhinestones all over the top in flowered patterns.

“You look so gorgeous Mattie.” gushed Cassie as I walked out of the dressing room.

“I agree.” Said Martha.

“Definitely.” Agreed Tash.

My mum nodded. I was sure I could see tears in her eyes.

“Can we have this dress please?” asked Mum, a slight catch in her voice. But then again, I couldn’t blame her. Her little girl, her youngest child was getting ready for her wedding.

“Hey, Cass,” I said as we walked back to the car. “Can we keep the dress at your place? Just so I can make sure Luc doesn’t have a little peek?” I laughed.

“Sure.” She giggled back.

“We’re back!” I called.

Tony and Lucas were in the kitchen, washing the dishes.

“Hey babe.” My fiancé greeted me with a kiss. “Did you find a dress?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yes!” I said excitedly. “It’s absolutely gorgeous; you’ll die when you see it. It’s–.”

Mum clapped a hand over my mouth to stop me from saying anything further. “Mattie,” she said warningly. “You’ll spoil the surprise.”

“Oh yeah.” I giggled. I turned to Lucas. “Sorry babe. I guess you’ll have to wait until the wedding day to see it.”

“Oh, darn it.” He said disappointedly. I laughed and Mum rolled her eyes.

“I swear, we’re going to have to duct tape her mouth shut so she doesn’t let it slip.” She muttered to Tony.

“Hey! I heard that!” I said indignantly. “I will not spoil the surprise! Just watch me.”

As Lucas and I lay in bed that night, wrapped in each others’ arms, he tried to get me to spill the details on my dress. Clever idea, as I was nearly asleep, but I kept my mouth shut.

“Babe, it’ll be even better if it’s a surprise.” I reminded him. “But rest assured, I will look good.”

“That’s an understatement baby, you always look beautiful.” He murmured in my ear.

“Correct answer!” I giggled. “But anyway, we’d better get some sleep, because we have to keep planning tomorrow. So night-night.” I leaned over to kiss him softly.

“Night Mattie, I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too.” I sighed happily as I switched off the light and snuggled closer to him.

I'm glad you guys liked it. Here is the next chapter. It's a bit short but tell me if you want me to update.

Chapter Four:

The next day Luc and I walked to the Surf Club together, hand in hand. We were meeting with Jack, Martha, Robbie, Tash, Cassie, Ric, Mum and Tony to discuss reception details for the wedding. We were just crossing the parking lot when my bracelet broke and fell off my wrist.

“Oh wait Luc, my bracelet.” I said. Lucas waited over near the door to the Surf Club while I ran back to get it. I stood in the middle of the road and leaned over to grab the bracelet with my outstretched hand. Then I looked up and saw a car coming straight for me. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. The car edged closer to me, and I tried to move but it was like my feet were glued to the ground. The car just reached out and hit me. I fell backwards and hit the ground; Lucas’ horrified face was the last thing I saw.

Lucas’ POV:

“Mattie!” I screamed as I watched her hit the ground. I ran over to her as fast as I could, but everything seemed to be in slow motion. I threw myself at her side.

“Mattie? Can you hear me? Please babe, open your eyes, everything’s going to be alright. Please, please wake up for me!”

The driver stood shocked next to us. I screamed at him to run into the surf club to get help, and only moments later Dad, Beth, Cassie, Ric, Tash, Robbie, Jack and Martha came rushing over. Everything seemed to be in a blur now, Martha was on the phone calling an ambulance, Beth was sobbing uncontrollably with Dad trying to comfort her, and I just kept a hold of Matilda’s hand the whole time. The ambulance came and we decided I would go with her. They got her loaded up and I kept clutching her hand.

“Please Mattie, it’ll be okay, just hang in there.” I whispered.

Archived