Like Old Times

Guest Jacksthehottest

Chapter 11:

Jack sat down, not really knowing what was going on. Martha still hadn’t spoken and she looked angry.

“Martha what’s wrong?” Jack asked her, he grabbed her hand and placed it on his. Martha quickly moved it away.

“When were you going to tell me about the case?” Martha asked him, not even bothering to look up at him.

Jack was about to reply, but stopped himself, how did she know about it?, she wasn’t supposed to find out like this. Jack was going to tell her when he got back.

“You weren’t going to tell me , were you?” Martha replied, taking his silence as an answer.

“I was, just never go-“Jack began but Martha cut him off.

“Don’t make up excuses Jack, I thought things were going to different, I thought that you would tell me everything, whatever happened to your promise” she snapped at him, her voice rising as she spoke.

“It’s not like that Martha” he said moving closer to her. “I was going to tell you but….” Jack didn’t know what to say.

“But what Jack, you didn’t think it was important” Martha replied yelling at him. Jack didn’t get it whys he was acting like this, razing her voice and snapping for no reason.

“No I didn’t think it was important, it didn’t concern you” he snapped back at her. But automatically regretted it. He knew Martha hated it when he yelled at her. He watched as she bent her head down, unable to look at him. “I’m sorry” he added quickly. Martha didn’t look up at him.

“So how did you loose it” she asked after a long pause. Jack hesitated telling her, he didn’t want to. “Jack” she asked again. Jack let out a loud sigh and began explaining.

“You know when Drew ended up in hospital?” he asked her.

“Yeah” she replied quietly.

“Well they tried to ring me that night, they needed more officers down there, they only had Lara” he began. “They couldn’t reach me, they had tried a couple of times and gave up, the kids life was at risk and yet I wasn’t aware. If I was there they could had extra help, but instead….” Jack didn’t get to finish his sentence, he was glad he didn’t he probably would have regretted was he was about to say anyway.

“So how come they couldn’t reach you?” Martha asked. Jack couldn’t look up at her, he didn’t reply. “You had your phone off didn’t you?” she added asking him.

“Umm…” Jack stumbled not knowing what to say.

“Jack, don’t lie to me” Martha said, before he could reply.

“Yeah I did” Jack told her.

“Why would you turn your phone off, you knew how important this case was, I wo……” Martha stopped herself, that was the night of their dinner when Drew ended up in hospital. Jack didn’t want to see the reaction that came next from her.

“You turned your phone off because you know I hated it when we got distracted by your work” Martha finished of. Jack didn’t reply he just stayed quiet, none of this was her fault he didn’t blame her, he could only blame himself. He hoped Martha wouldn’t take it the wrong way, he just nodded in return.

“So this is all my fault?” she asked him, getting worked up again. Jack knew this was going to happen.

“No it’s not, I didn’t say that Martha” Jack snapped back.

“Well then why didn’t you tell me about it, when it happened?” she yelled at him.

“This is why Martha, just look what’s happening now” Jack explained to her, he stood up from the couch.

“You didn’t think that I would want to know Jack, I want to be here for you and I expect you to the same, how can I possible do that when I don’t know what’s going on in your life” she snapped at him. She stood up from the couch and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Jack asked her, fearing the answer.

“We always end up fighting about the same thing Jack, how is this going to work” she replied opening the door and leaving.

Jack fell back onto the couch, she wouldn’t even let him explain, she always went with what she thought, how were they ever going to solve this. This time when Martha left she didn’t take her stuff, that was a good sign right?

Next Chapter: Someone has an accident (and it’s not Jack or Martha lol)

Chapter 12:

Jack had finally decided to get up and do something. He had spent around 2 hours just lying down on the couch. He couldn’t help but think about everything, he had made a stupid mistake, one that he regretted. If he had only told Martha none of this would be happening.

Jack did know one thing though; he didn’t blame Martha for any of it. It wasn’t anyone’s fault, it was his own. He just wished that Martha knew that. But because she was so stubborn they always ended up fighting.

He had promised his dad he would meet him at Noah’s in 10minutes. He didn’t really fell like going, but being home by himself wasn’t going to help.

“Could I please have 2 beer thanks Alf” Tony said to him as he took a seat at the bar.

“Coming right up?” Alf replied as he turned around. Tony saw Jack coming towards them, but for some reason it didn’t look like he was happy, maybe things with Martha hadn’t gone so right.

“Hey” Tony said, as Jack too a seat next to him.

“Hey” Jack replied. “Thanks” he added with a smile as Alf handed him a beer.

“How have you been?” Alf asked turning to Jack.

“Yeah I’ve been ok” Jack replied, he didn’t want to tell the whole town his problems, but he was surprised Alf probably had no idea, he wondered where Martha was, his thoughts were distracted by the phone ringing. He watched as Alf picked it up and moved further away.

“So how have you really been?” Tony asked, one Alf was out of sight

“As I said before ok” Jack replied.

“So everything with Martha is sorted, you told her?” Tony asked him.

“Not exactly” Jack replied, he was about to tell his dad, but stopped when he saw Alf standing there, looking shocked something was up.

“What’s w-“ Tony was about to ask Jack, but he stopped himself when he saw where Jack was looking.

“Alf what’s up?” Tony asked.

“That was Martha on the phone Sally has been in a car crash and is in hospital right now” Alf told them.

“What? When? Is she ok?” Tony wanted to know.

“I don’t know Martha, Ric and Cassie are at the hospital now there, waiting. I should be heading down there. “Alf said as he walked out.

“I’ll give you a lift, Jack will you be ok here?” Tony asked turning around to him.

“Yeah I will” Jack replied and with that he watched as both Tony and Alf left.

Jack was in his car driving to the hospital, he didn’t know what had come over him. He knew Martha would probably be angry to see him there. Jack thought she wouldn’t want to talk to him after everything that had happened, but he didn’t care Martha needed him now and he was going to be there for her.

There was no way he was going to give up. He had made a huge mistake, and Martha probably wouldn’t want to talk to him. But he was going to stop there. He was going to make her listen to what he had to say.

But right now, he was going to put that all behind him. He knew Martha would be upset and now wasn’t the time for talking about their marriage problems.

He entered the hospital, he didn’t know the situation or what kind of state Sally was in, but he knew one thing, he wanted to be here for Martha.

He looked around the room until he spotted her sitting with Alf, Cassie and Ric were in the corner hugging each other. Jack could see as both of them tried to stay strong, they had lost Flynn and now loosing Sally would be unfair.

He walked over and sat next to Alf. Martha was on the other side of Alf. She didn’t speak though afraid if she did she couldn’t be able to control the tears. Alf tried to comfort her, but all she did was push him off she wanted to be alone. She too looked up and saw Cassie and Ric in the corner. Tears started to flow down her cheeks. She couldn’t watch them standing not knowing what was going on.

All they were informed was that Sally had been in a car crash, nothing further was told. Martha couldn’t help but worry, she felt sorry for Cassie and Ric, they had been through so much and still ended up supporting each other through rough times. Just like she needed Jack to be there for her. She ahd made eye contact when he walked into the hospital, but she couldn’t look at him, she was too angry. Too angry even to admit that right now she needed him.

“I’m just going to see how they are doing” Alf said looking up, he stood up from his seat as he headed towards Tony who was with Cassie and Ric, leaving Jack and Martha by themselves separated by one seat.

Jack lifted himself up, but sat back down on the seat next to Martha. Looking at her closely, she was forced to look at the ground she couldn’t look at anyone else and she didn’t want to. Jack watched as she tried her hardest not to cry, he reached out for her hand. Martha let herself get lost in his touches but then snapped out.

“Who invited you” she snapped at him, making Jack let go of her hand. He let out a loud sigh, was she ever going to let her guard down. How was he supposed to be make things right and comfort her when she didn’t let him.

“You don’t have to do that, please Martha, I want to be here for you” he said to her, his voice razing a bit louder. But he suddenly regretted it he knew this wasn’t the time or place for any of it. He watched as tears started to flow down her cheeks. He knew it would be best if he were to leave, she had made it obvious that she didn’t want him here.

Jack began to stand up, but was stopped when he saw someone pulling his shirt. He turned around to see Martha. He had never seen her like that her eyes were full of tears and sadness.

“Please don’t go” she said looking straight at him. “I need you” she finally managed to say. Martha couldn’t let him leave, not even if she was angry with him. But for now she was willing to forget about it all, all that mattered that he was here. Jack looked back down at her, he had no other choice but to stay, he couldn’t leave her like that.

He placed himself back on the chair.

“Come here” he said opening his arms. Martha leant over resting her head on his chest and placing her arms around him.

“Jack what if she doesn’t make it, what about Cassie and Ric how are they..” she began but Jack cut her off.

“Martha you can’t think like that, Sally is going to be fine” he said stroking her hair. He felt as Martha’s grip tightened around him. He kissed the top of her head and then resting it there.

“I love you” he whispered down slowly at her. Martha couldn’t do or say anything, tears had overtaken her. She was glad for one thing and that was that she had Jack right here next to her.

Jack spent the next half an hour just holding Martha in his arms, as she cried, he was glad that he had come, she needed him.

“Are you ok” he whispered in her ear. Martha lifted her head from his chest looking at him. She nodded slightly. He used both of his hands to cup her face, then gently used his thumb to wipe down her tears. She placed her head back into his chest. She felt the safest there.

Chapter 13:

Martha was now standing with Ric, Cassie and Tony. She looked straight at Cassie and she could see that she was finding it hard to control her tears. She couldn’t imagine her life without Sally, she had helped her through so much, especially times like now.

Even when her and Jack weren’t talking Sally invited her to stay at her house as long as she wanted. She had seen how hard it was for the kids to get over Flynn’s death and even now when they talked about it Martha could see they really missed him.

She tried to think more positive, Sally was going to be fine. She is going to wake up and be surrounded by her family.

“Cas she’s going to be ok” Martha told her as she pulled her into a hug. She pulled away slowly noticing Ric walked away. He hadn’t said much tonight, he wasn’t in the mood for talking.

Martha walked up to him, standing right beside him.

“Ric are you ok?” Martha asked him.

“I’m fine” he snapped at her. He didn’t get it why people kept asking him, it was getting more and more annoying, why couldn’t people just leave him alone.

“It’s fine to admit that your scared Ric, I think everyone is but Sally is going to be fine” Martha reassured him Ric didn’t reply, but Martha could see his eyes becoming watery. She had tried to stay strong but was getting weaker and weaker by the second.

“I think Cassie would also love you to be there for her, times like this you need each other” Martha told him. Ric nodded in reply as he made his way back to Cassie and Tony, she quickly looked over at Jack who gave her a smile

“Are you sure you don’t mind taking her back” Alf asked him.

“No it’s fine I’ll take her home” Jack replied. He really needed to talk to her anyway.

“It’s just I know things have been rough with you two now, but I don’t think it’s good for her to stay here at the hospital. She’s already half asleep” Alf explained to him.

“Yeah don’t worry about it, it’s not a problem really” jack replied.

“Thanks mate” Alf said patting his shoulder. Jack was about to say something but he was interrupted when a doctor came over to Ric and Cassie. Both of them quickly rushed over there.

“Is she ok?, what’s happening?” Ric asked quickly, he hoped the doctor had an answer for them.

“Will she be ok?’ Cassie added.

“We don’t know yet, she has lost a lot of blood, but we have managed to get her stable” Dr Green explained to them.

“Can we go see her?” Alf asked.

“Yeah, but please not so many at the room, she isn’t awake yet” he replied. Cassie and Ric ran straight down the hallway. “We are going to take some x-rays a bit later, and then we can tell you what’s going on” he added.

“Thank you” Alf replied gladly. Martha stood back she was going to let Cassie and Ric go and see her first they were family.

“Love I think you should go home, Jack offered to take you” Alf told her.

“No but I want to see Sally” Martha argued.

“But you heard what the doctor said, he doesn’t want to many people in the room and I know Ric and Cassie are dying to see her, I’ll call you if anything changes” Alf explained. Martha didn’t reply she stayed quite.

“Fine, but if anything happens you give me a call?” Martha told him.

“Yeah absolutely, Tony is going to drive us back later” Alf replied.

“Okay I’ll see you tomorrow” Martha replied giving him a quick hug.

The trip back to Jack’s house was really quiet, he didn’t want to say anything in case he had upset her, but he really wanted to talk to her. He wanted to tell her it wasn’t her fault what had happened at his job.

He looked over at her, she was staring out at the window.

“Martha?’ Jack asked. She turned to face him. Jack stopped the car, they had reached this place. Martha didn’t reply she just got out of the car.

“I thought you were taking me back to Sally’s house?’ Martha argued with him she was surprised.

“No your staying here tonight” Jack told her, he wanted her to be near him.

“What if I don’t want to?” she snapped back at him.

Jack to a big breath before starting to speak .“Well then you can walk back there” he smirked at her, she couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Fine but I’m sleeping on the couch” Martha told him as she entered the house.

“That suits me just fine” Jack replied following her in.

There is going to be two more chapter I think

Chapter 14:

Jack had set up the couch for Martha, He had offered her his bed but she didn’t want to sleep there, she preferred the couch. Jack could tell she was still angry at him, but he had to explain to her what was going on.

“Martha?” Jack said as he sat down on the couch. Martha who as laying on it lifted her self up so that she was sitting.

“What?” she asked. She really wasn’t interested in what he had to say, she was angry with him and she had no idea why she had agreed to stay here it was only going to make things worse.

“Ok your still angry” Jack replied, he could see by the tone of Martha’s voice that she was annoyed.

“No Jack everything’s fine” she said sarcastically.

“Look Martha it’s not what you think, I didn’t tell you about my job because I blame you” he tried to explain to her.

“Then why didn’t you tell me Jack, because you thought it wasn’t important or maybe it was because you forgot, I don’t know anymore Jack” she snapped at him looking away. She tried to control the tears from coming out, she wasn’t about to cry in front of him now. “Jack I think I have had enough for one day” Martha replied.

“No Listen just for 2minutes” jack tried again.

“Why should I” she asked him.

“Because Martha I love you” he replied suddenly, unsure of why he had said it himself. He got no response from her so he decided to carry on.

“I didn’t tell you about my job because I knew you would think it was your fault, I don’t blame you Martha, you had nothing to do with it, it’s my fault. But I knew if I had told you, there might have been a small chance that you would be angry at me and possibly even leave and I wasn’t going to risk it” he explained to her.

“So why didn’t you tell me this before?” she asked him.

“ I was but you found out before I ever got the chance to, and I haven’t broken my promise I only didn’t tell you because it would hurt you” he replied.

“What about at the hospital?” Martha asked, she didn’t know what was with all the questions, she knew now why Jack had done what he did, but she just wished he had told her.

“Because I didn’t think you needed this right now, with everything that happened to Sally” Jack replied.

Martha stayed quiet for a minute. “Jack you could have told me, I would have been there for you, I just wanted to help” Martha said.

“Yeah I know and I’m sorry, I regret not telling you now” he explained.

“It must suck, you lost the one case that was important to you” she replied.

“Yeah I know” Jack told her, he was still disappointed, how was he ever going to prove to his boss that he was good enough to work by himself, now that he was stuck doing paperwork.

Martha placed her hand on his. “Thanks for today back at hospital, thank you fro being there” she said. Jack looked up and smiled at her.

“Anytime” he replied leaning in for a hug. Martha wrapped her hands around pulling him in closer. Why couldn’t they have done this before, talking it through instead of arguing every time.

“Well I umm, I” Jack began to mumble, not really knowing what to say. “I better let you get some sleep, it’s being a long night” Jack said as he stood up heading for his bedroom, suddenly regretting that he didn’t ask Martha to come with him.

Jack lay awake in his bed, he turned over to look at the time. It was 11, and he still hadn’t fallen asleep. He couldn’t Martha wasn’t right next to him it didn’t feel right.

He didn’t know what was going on now, were they back together or not. They had sorted it all out and it was nice to talk to her about everything instead of screaming and yelling, but she wasn’t here next to him, instead she was on the couch.

His thoughts were distracted when the door opened. He noticed Martha standing there smiling lightly at him.

“Jack I’m cold” she told him. She couldn’t lay on the couch or she was going to freeze, and she couldn’t even get to sleep not when they were in the same house but not sleeping together. Jack sat himself up.

“Do you want me to get you an bla-” Jack began but his words faded as Martha moved over to his bed and climbed in.

She lifted up his arm, trying to get closer to him. She placed her head into Jack’s chest and her hands around him. Jack placed his hand down, unsure of what to do. But finally placed it around her as well, holding her tight.

He looked down at her, he couldn’t see her face as it was placed onto his chest. He used his other hand to place some of her hair behind her ear. Martha looked up at him and smiled.

“Jack why do we always do this, end up arguing for no reason?” she asked him.

“I don’t know” Jack replied.

“Neither do I” she smiled back at him. Jack smiled back down at her. He used his hand to slowly stroke her cheek, leaning down giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

“I’m sorry” he told her.

“That’s ok, just promise me next time it won’t turn out like this, we won’t end up fighting or arguing can we juts talk about it?” Martha asked him.

“Yep next time we talk” Jack promised “Because I don’t think I can handle any more fights” he added.

“Mmm” she replied, moving closer to him and giving him a kiss on the lips.

Yeah i updated the fic again, because i want to finish it, im going to be posting my new fic, soon after this one finishes

Yeah Sam it will be a M/J

Chapter 15:

Jack slowly walked out of the bedroom, he needed to get to work in half an hour, but he wasn’t even dressed yet. Martha was still asleep on the bed and he didn’t want to wake her. He fell down on the couch as he switched on the T.V.

Last night was hard on both of them, but one thing that they both knew was that Sally was fine, Alf had given them a call last night.

Also he and Martha had sorted it all out and Jack knew this time it was going to stay that way. It was funny how they managed to talk about it and solve it in no time. He felt like they had argued over nothing.

Two hands slowly made their way onto his chest. She leant down near his neck. “Morning” she whispered in his ear.

“Oh so you are awake” he joked as he picked her up and placed her down onto his lap. He was still in his boxers and was wearing no shirt.

“Yep, why are you up so early?” Martha yawned.

“Early, Martha it’s nearly 9 o’clock” Jack laughed. “And plus I have to go to work soon” he added.

“You don’t have to” Martha gave him a smile.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he replied wrapping his hands around her.

“Well” she began “You and me could stay here all day and..” she trailed of smiling at him. Jack threw her down onto the couch, slowly climbing on top of her.

“That’s a good idea” Jack replied leaning down to kiss her. Martha wrapped her hands around his neck and pushed his head closer to her, wanting more kisses. Jack began to place kisses on her neck, before pulling away.

“But I can’t I have to go to work” he replied. “Or otherwise I won’t even have a job” he joked.

“I know” she replied sitting back up on the couch. “It’s just that I want you to be here with me. What am I supposed to do” she replied moving onto his lap.

“I finish around 2, so I’ll be home fast and then we can..” jack began but Martha cut him of.

“Jack is there anything else you think about beside that?” she joked. “I mean we could go for a dinner or walk on the beach, but that’s not what your thinking about” she smiled at him, giving him a playful slap on the arm.

“Hey you were thinking it before, so don’t blame me” Jack replied defensively. Just then the phone rang.

“ I’ll get it” Martha said standing up. Jack walked of into the room to get changed.

Jack walked out of the room a couple of minutes later, dressed in his police uniform. “Who was it?” Jack asked.

“Granddad, he is coming to pick me up soon to go and visit Sally” Martha told him.

“Oh ok, well I better get going” he said pulling her closer towards him into a hug.

“Bye” she said giving him a quick kiss. But Jack pulled her back in and leant in for a kiss. He wanted more. Martha pulled away smiling.

“You better go or you will never get there” she replied as she stepped back.

“Yeah I know, ill see you later then?’ he asked.

“Of course” she smiled back

Jack sat in his desk, work it was getting more and more boring. He noticed phones were riming and police were running back and forward. He wondered what was going on, but he didn’t ask, he wasn’t part of this case.

If only he could have not made the mistake, he could have everything in his life right now. He took a long sigh as he headed back down to work, but was distracted when he heard someone call his name.

“Jack?” McGrath said.

“Yeah” Jack replied turning around.

“C’mon lets go” he said. Jack was kind of confused in what was going on, why would McGrath want him to help him out he wasn’t on the case.

“Umm, I thought I wasn’t on the case” Jack told him.

“Do you see anyone around here right now that can help me? He questioned Jack. Jack quickly grabbed his hat and followed McGrath out. What did this mean?

“Excellent work Jack, we nearly had him, but at least we have more information now” he told Jack as he walked into the police station. Jack nodded back in return proud of what he had done. They had managed to track down the car and who was driving it all they needed to find out now was what this people had to do with Peter, they obviously weren’t after Drew.

Jack was about to sit back down on his chair, even if it had felt real for a second that he was back on the case, no one had told him that he was. Today was a one of, because they didn’t have anyone there.

“Jack come here” McGrath told him, Jack quickly followed him back into the office.

“I want you to run a search on that car” he told him. “Find out as much as possible”

“Me?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, our officers are going to get back in 10 minutes when they do they will take over” McGrath explained, Jack felt as his face dropped he was he was just a replacement. “Howe ever, they are going back to the city on Monday, which means I am offering to give you one more try on it?” he added.

“Really, that would be great” Jack replied; now he was excited.

“You have the rest of the day of and the weekend, but when you come back on Monday, I want you to be prepared, no more stuff ups its too risky, got it?” he asked.

“Yeah, thank you” Jack smiled as he walked out. He couldn’t think about anything else now, how did everything change so quickly? Yesterday he didn’t even have Martha and now he had both of them his job and her.

Before he went home he needed to call someone. He opened up his draw opening up a brochure and began dialing a number.

“Martha where are you?” Jack asked, as he walked in the house, with a huge smile plastered across his face. “Martha?’ he called out

“Yeah coming” she replied as she walked out of the bedroom, noticing Jack’s huge grin.

“Guess what?” he asked her.

“What” she replied.

“I said guess” he smiled at her.

“Umm, your job was interesting no wait, you met some complete new hot girl” Martha teased.

“Nope even better” he replied.

“You got your job back” Martha said, unsure if that was true. Jack just nodded as he watched Martha run up to him ad hug him.

“Oh that’s great Jack” she told him as she held on to him tighter, Jack loved his job and she wanted nothing to get in the way.

“Yeah I know, I can’t believe it” Jack replied. But then remembered what he needed to tell her. “Get packing?” he ordered.

“Packing?” Martha asked unsure of why he had said it.

“Yeah packing, you know when you put your clothes…”Jack began

“I know what it is but why?” Martha asked.

“That’s not important” he smiled at her,

“Are you kicking me out?” Martha asked, why was she going to pack its not like she was going anywhere. Jack began to laugh, how could she possibly think that.

“No” he laughed at her. “C’mon let’s go pack” he added as he pushed her into the room.

“Where are we going, what do I pack?” Martha asked confused, she had no idea what was going on.

“Clothes” Jack replied smartly.

“Jack where are we going?’ Martha asked trying again.

“Remember that Cabin you booked us in the middle of nowhere, that was supposed to be our honeymoon?” he asked her.

“Yeah” Martha replied as a smile began to grow.

“Well, I have 3 days of before I begin to work on the case and that’s where we are going since last time I couldn’t make it” Jack told her.

“Oh my god really?” Martha asked shocked.

“Yep” Jack nodded.

“You’re the best” she told him as she move closer pushing him on his back as he fell onto the bed. She rolled over next to him. “I love you” she told him.

“Oh now you love me when we are going somewhere” Jack joked. Martha playfully hit him.

“No I’m serious I really love you Jack, you’re the best thing in my life” she told him.

“I feel the same way” he replied. “I love you too” he added as he leaned in closer giving her a passionate. Nothing could take her away from him.

THE END

Okay well that was all, thanx for all your comments they are really appreciated. The next fic will be posted in a couple of days

Comments.

Archived