Ladies in Red

Guest Jen

The Sunday Times

STM, PC (Perth Confidential).

27 August 2006.

Ladies in Red

The list of celebs who will saunter down the catwalk for the Perth Fashion Festival's Telethon Celebrity Parade on September 23 just keeps getting longer. Headliners Annmarie Carpenter, wife of Premier Alan Carpenter, and Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou will be joined on the runway by legal eagle Patti Chong, ex-ballerina Benazir Surtees, former Miss Universe contender Michelle Guy, Ben Cousin's lady love Sam Druce, Channel 7 reporter Paula Voce, 6IX newsreader Deborah Kennedy and former Penthouse Pet Bree Maddox. Each will wear a red dress by a local designer for the parade, which will then be auctioned for Telethon. PC hears there is some serious jostling going on between designers for the prozed gig.

• 3 weeks later...

First Lady in Red

THE SUNDAY TIMES

September 17, 2006

By Claire Davies

PERTH Fashion Festival ambassador Annmarie Carpenter will open the Telethon Celebrity Parade on Saturday in a stunning, ruby-red Ruth Tarvydas gown.

The inaugural charity parade will be part of the festival’s 10-day calendar of events.

Mrs Carpenter, wife of the Premier, said she was happy to help such a worthy cause and the parade would be a great opportunity for local designers to showcase their talent.

Coming to Perth for the fashion fundraiser will be television identity Ada Nicodemou, who will wear a dress designed by Melanie Greensmith of international label Wheels & Dollbaby.

Other personalities taking part will include international model Hannah Fell, who will be wearing Aurello Costarella, Michelle Guy (Donna Tobin Couture) and lawyer Patti Chong (Breathless).

The garments shown at the Telethon parade will be auctioned on the night.

Festival organisers have pledged that a minimum of $20,000 will be raised during the evening.

The eighth Perth Fashion Festival starts on Thursday and ends on September 30.

For more information, see STM inside today’s paper.

• 2 weeks later...

2006 Perth Fashion Festival

Perth Confidential

STM - The Sunday Times

1 October 2006.

* Home and Away actress Ada Nicodemou was blown away by the threads of local designers during her whirlwind visit.

"I absolutely loved Moocha Bella and Bootsie Design - I want to buy some pieces", the bubbly starlet gushed.

* A bidding war broke out for the slinky Wheels & Dollbaby number modelled by Ada Nicodemou at the Telethon Celebrity Red Dress Parade. The diminutive star looked a treat in the figure-hugging gown, and four separate parties fought hard to take it home. "It was pretty cut-throat out there," laughs PR Natalie Cameron, who was finally outbid at $750. The dress was bought by Nadia Walker, but Nat was delighted when designer Melanie Greensmith offered to create her a replica dress.

"It worked out for the best - Ada is absolutely tiny and I probably couldn't have eaten for a week to wear her dress," Nat jokes. Nat, who pledged to donate the difference in the dress's price tage to Telethon, plans to wear the frock to this year's Melbourne Cup.

There is also a picture of Ada in the dress which I will scan and post soon.

Here's the pic:

ada.jpg

Also, my friend told me that when she was working in the city last weekend Ada came into her work! She said she served Ada's manager or whoever this guy was that was with her.

Archived