Stars get to the heart of appeal

Guest Andy

Stars get to the heart of appeal

Herald-Sun

15 April 2006

CELEBRITIES opened their hearts and gave their time at yesterday's Good Friday Appeal.

Sporting stars and Channel 7 celebrities staffed phones and signed autographs at Telstra Dome and visited sick kids at the Royal Children's Hospital.

All Saints and Home And Away stars thrilled autograph hunters, while Dancing With The Stars alumni strutted their stuff for the crowd.

Simone Warne, from DWTS, said the appeal had special significance for her. Eldest daughter Brooke, now 8, was rushed to the RCH after a meningococcal scare four years ago.

"It was a pretty scary experience," the mother of three said. "I'm so thrilled to be able to be involved in it (the appeal). It's such a big thing for Melbourne."

Home And Away actors Sharni Vinson and Jessica Tovey said they were blown away by their visit to the RCH yesterday.

"I walked out of the hospital a changed person," Tovey said.

"You meet the most beautiful children."

Vinson said the network stars looked forward to the Good Friday Appeal.

"The day means everything -- the fact that we can go in there and make kids happy," she said.

"Everyone wants to be involved."

Deal Or No Deal host and father of two Andrew O'Keefe said he found hospital staff inspirational.

"I just find people who work with children are the most dedicated, warm people," he said.

All Saints star Wil Traval said it was his third Good Friday Appeal and he loved the experience.

Archived