zara grace

Story Title: Another Chance
Type of story: One Shot
Main Characters: Mackenzie Booth & Logan Bennett
BTTB rating: T
Genre: Drama
Does story include spoilers: No
Any warnings: No 
Summary: When Logan returns to the bay for Mackenzie, will they both give their love another chance.

It had just started like an ordinary day for Mackenzie, she had a surf and then gone to work unaware of who was sitting there waiting for her, the moment she had arrived.

It wasn't long after she walked in, when she recognized him, her ex-Logan. The pair hadn't exactly ended on the best terms, something Mackenzie was trying to forget, even if she did wish they got a proper final goodbye. She had no idea why he was here, after all the last time he had made her contact was over a phone voicemail to tell her he left the bay and wasn't come back but now here he was, sitting at the bar of her restaurant.

As she got closer, she stood there and glanced over to him "Logan." He had turned around with a huge smile on his face "Hey Mac" This was a completely different reception to the last time they were in a room together, because that time, he was mad and yelling at her but this time it looked like he was generally happy to see her, she was trying to figure out whether that was a good or bad thing, but perhaps Logan was about to clear all that up for her.

Logan stood up and walked towards her before giving her a hug, something unexcepted but also nice, it was one she returned after all she still did care for him and truth was, she hadn't moved on because she loved him so much that the thought of moving on had almost killed her.

After the pair pulled away, they both looked at each other "Look Mac, can we talk? I just have a few things I need to say." Mackenzie nodded even those she was unsure whether she wanted to hear what he had to say, particularly if they were bad things. However, she knew after the way they had left things that she had some stuff she needed to say to him to.

Mackenzie had led then to a booth and now they were both sitting down. Mackenzie looked directly at her ex "So what did you want to say?" Logan had taken a breath and grabbed Mackenzie hand "That I made a mistake leaving the bay, leaving you. I was hurting but I shouldn't ever left you, it's the one thing I regret to this day." Mackenzie was about to say something, but Logan had cut her off "Look I know you make mistakes, and I should have been more understanding, and I know I screwed up too by leaving but Mac ever since I left, I haven't stopped thinking about you and then when I realized I would never stop because I love you despite everything and I knew that there's a chance you already moved on but either way I needed to come back here, tell you how I felt, find out if there's ever a chance for us." Mackenzie was totally shocked with what he had confessed not that she would say that to him, but after there last encounter she had been excepting him to say the opposite to what he had. She knew she still loved him so the fact, he still loved her made her smile, part of her was worried she would screw the relationship up again, but the other part knew that they were both different people now and if Logan was willing to take another chance on her, then she was on him too. Instead of saying to him what her answer was, she just kissed him, and he returned it, knowing what her answer was. Both of them just hoped this time but everything would work out after all they couldn't go through losing each other again.

Comments

Archived