Quick Questions

Si-Co

10 hours ago, baywatcher said:

In today's UK episode, Maggie told Ben that she was going for a walk up to the lighthouse.  Has it ever been used as a location on screen?

2 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Off the top of my head, I seem to remember Shane and short-lived Ross foster child Kevin breaking into it for a dare around 1993!

Yes it was to abseil down it was it not? I believe that was actually the first time the show had made the trek up there.

Other than that the only times I can think of off the top of my head are when Indi and Romeo spent the night up there on the eve of his unexpected departure, and the climax of the Robbo/Ash chase in the opening week of 2018.

Up until around seven years ago the access trail wasn't suitable for any sort of vehicle, so access for filming would have been tricky. I remember they were doing some renovation work on one of my visits and the building supplies were being ferried up by helicopter.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2020 at 12:27, FrancoPabloDiablo said:

In the episode where Ben and Gemma kiss in his motel room, what is the song playing in the backround? Lyrics go "if i'm chasing you down i can't put out the fire that started with your smile". Any help?

It says it is S33 E73

Hello again Franco ?

That one is 'Another Light' by Jude

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me what has happening in the show in March 2005 UK time? As that’s when I started watching again, after the switch from ITV to channel 5. Not sure if the Sutherlands were still in it but I think I remember the siege at Leah’s house. I can also recall Sally writing Morag’s name on pieces of card and a meeting at Irene’s led by Morag about hidden cameras or something. I also vaguely remember an episode where an Australian singer sang Silent Night at the caravan park, which had a definite season finale feel to it. 

52 minutes ago, Jamie2811 said:

Can anyone tell me what has happening in the show in March 2005 UK time? As that’s when I started watching again, after the switch from ITV to channel 5. Not sure if the Sutherlands were still in it but I think I remember the siege at Leah’s house. I can also recall Sally writing Morag’s name on pieces of card and a meeting at Irene’s led by Morag about hidden cameras or something. I also vaguely remember an episode where an Australian singer sang Silent Night at the caravan park, which had a definite season finale feel to it. 

March 2005 in the UK were episodes that aired in Oz from the end of July 2004.

The siege at Leah's when Noah died aired in the UK on 25th March (fun fact, that aired exactly 16 years ago today in Oz).

The hidden cameras were installed into Irene's by Tasha's father, the millionaire Ian Osbourne.

You're right in remembering the Silent Night performance (June 2005 in the UK), that was the 2004 season finale where Australian Idol star Paulini attended the opening of Noah's bar, and then went around to Summer Bay House for little Pippa's christening gathering.

Off the top of my head, other storylines in those last couple of months of the 2004 season included the departures of Rhys, Max and Dani Sutherland, Alf reuniting with his first love Viv (who Dani had known as 'The Guv' in prison) and discovering that she'd given birth to his child (with Ric Dalby being his grandchild), Kane discovering he had testicular cancer, and Vinnie returning for VJ's birthday disguised in a bear costume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

March 2005 in the UK were episodes that aired in Oz from the end of July 2004.

The siege at Leah's when Noah died aired in the UK on 25th March (fun fact, that aired exactly 16 years ago today in Oz).

The hidden cameras were installed into Irene's by Tasha's father, the millionaire Ian Osbourne.

You're right in remembering the Silent Night performance (June 2005 in the UK), that was the 2004 season finale where Australian Idol star Paulini attended the opening of Noah's bar, and then went around to Summer Bay House for little Pippa's christening gathering.

Off the top of my head, other storylines in those last couple of months of the 2004 season included the departures of Rhys, Max and Dani Sutherland, Alf reuniting with his first love Viv (who Dani had known as 'The Guv' in prison) and discovering that she'd given birth to his child (with Ric Dalby being his grandchild), Kane discovering he had testicular cancer, and Vinnie returning for VJ's birthday disguised in a bear costume.

I remember all of this. I think from the 2004 summaries I started watching around episode 3791, some 950 episodes after the move from ITV. I remember being disappointed Pippa wasn’t coming to the christening due to an airport strike. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2020 at 21:44, Dan F said:

Hello again Franco ?

That one is 'Another Light' by Jude

Thanks Dan!!! You come through every single time when it comes to my questions about songs featured on the show. Don't know how you do it but glad you do. You and your loved ones continue to be safe and healthy. That goes for everybody on this site.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...