The children of Madagascar

Guest Lise

"During my summer break from filming, I travelled to the rural town of Antsirabe in Madagascar to work with the organisation 'Aid to Orphans in Madagascar.' (AOM)

My aim was to document the work that AOM are doing to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and their families through photography and film. For many of the children I photographed, this was the first time they had ever seen an image of themselves.

It was an unforgettable and emotional journey where I met beautiful, resilient and kind people. It was easy to see what a huge impact AOM is making in the community and how passionate and dedicated they are to improving the children’s quality of life through education and nutrition.

A photography exhibition of images from my trip that captures moments of Malagasy life and culture. All proceeds from the exhibition will be donated to AOM."

The Exhibition is at '107 Projects', 107 Redfern St, Redfern.

Saturday 9th -Sunday 10th August 12pm-5pm

For more information on the orphanage go to the AOM website.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/24669324/the-children-of-madagascar/#page1

Archived