Isabel Lucas stars in Country Road short film

Guest Lise

Country Road, a label loved by urban and rural folk alike for 40 years, has teamed up with The Woolmark Company and self-professed “wild bush girl” Isabel Lucas to produce a film honouring the brand's true-blue heritage.

The film, shot on location at Boonoke sheep station, the birthplace of the Merino wool stock lines, resembles a fashion-forward episode of McLeod's Daughters, complete with panning shots of sun-drenched paddocks and glimpses inside the shearing shed.

Lucas, who is based in Hollywood, was attracted to the project because she grew up in Kakadu.

The star of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has never been afraid to get her fingers dirty on set, and she even saddled up for the fashion film shoot.“I've always had a close connection to nature; I like to spend as much time as possible outdoors," she said. "While I really appreciate living in a big city, I do need to have the land, trees and ocean close by, so, yes, I guess it's the country girl in me. It's been wonderful to come home to Australia and reconnect with the landscapes here.”

“I got to ride a horse again," she said. "My sister and I grew up riding horses, and I still have my horse from when I was 12. I saved up and paid for her myself.

"My horse is retired now, so I don't get to ride her very much. Being on horseback again, surrounded by the open country, witnessing the beautiful horizon at twilight was one of my memorable moments during filming.”

Country Road's Life Through Wool is Lucas' second short film release in less than a week. Her 25-minute short Engram opened in New York to rave reviews on Tuesday.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/isabel-lucas-stars-in-country-road-short-film-20140403-360f6.html

The video is at the link and there a few pictures on the Country Road facebook page.

Archived