Could Jesse McGregor return to Summer Bay?

Guest dublinfan

What was Jesse actually charged with? If it was drunk driving causing death after 7 years and with good behaviour could they release him?

It would be a great new story line for Leah and they could show how he tries to make things up to Alf and Irene.

I don't think they ever mentioned how much time he got. He was transferred to the city to wait for his trial, but then it was never mentioned how long he'd go to jail. (Same as Barry Hyde and Roman.)

I don't know if it would work, though. Apart from Leah, Irene and Alf he doesn't know anyone in the Bay anymore. I think last time he came back after being released from prison, he still had a lot more ties with Summer Bay. It would have been an option if Will or Gypsy had brought Rachel with them to the Bay when they visited Irene. (They adopted her, didn't they? Was she even mentioned when Will returned? I missed a big part of his storyline)

I just think that at this time it's hard to bring back a past character because they don't have any ties to the Bay anymore. (With the exeption of Irene's kids and fosterchildren and Alf's children/grandchildren)

Archived