Lisa Gormley & Her Car

Guest jldraw

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/...0407-1d4qy.html

(Check out the website too as they have nice picture of Lisa with her car that I can't post here)

Career highlights: Graduating from NIDA in 2009; securing the role of language teacher Bianca Scott on Home & Away in 2010.

Other credits: Lisa also appeared in the 2010 film Before the Rain.

Trivia: Before enrolling at NIDA, Lisa moved back to Britain and worked as a Qantas flight attendant.

Vital Statistics:

The price of my first car: $2000

The age I got my license: 25

Car lover gauge: 3.5 out of 5

What was your first car?

A little green Mazda 121. It wasn’t actually that long ago as I’ve only had my licence for about six months. It was 20 years old but it was beautiful until it started falling apart. And when old cars fall apart they really fall apart.

It all started when I blew up the radiator hose going down the Hume Highway on a very hot day. I was on a road trip to Melbourne, which ended about two hours out of Sydney. It all went downhill [with the car] from there.

What are you driving now?

A little Mazda2, which I got in January. Although my first Mazda had gone quite badly, I’d heard wonderful things about them. It’s a great-looking car and pretty reliable and it kind of got me.

What’s your ideal car?

I used to go to a lot of classic-car shows with my dad because secretly he wanted a boy and he didn’t get one and although I never actually saw one, I always wanted a silver Mercedes-Benz 540K roadster. Very sexy.

What’s your pet road peeve?

People who just don’t make decisions fast enough. Don’t hang around. We’ve got places to be, people to see. Don’t dawdle. Know where you’re going and go there. Work it out before you start the car.

What’s your favourite drive?

When I was living in England I went from London down to the south of France through the Pyrenees and that was just magic. I wasn’t doing any of the driving because I didn’t have my

licence but I appreciated it immensely. I also went down to Cornwall a few times and the drive through the mountains down to the ocean is very, very beautiful.

If you could go on a long road trip with absolutely anyone, who would it be?

I was recently watching Billy Connolly on his trip around the world, so I’d probably take him. And maybe Bear Grylls in the back – just in case we got stuck somewhere.

What’s your favourite road movie?

Thelma & Louise, the green Ford Thunderbird. That was a cool movie. I really liked the whole liberation aspect to it, just packing up and going, “stuff it, let’s go”. I want to do that one day. But I think I’d need a topless car like a Thunderbird for that one. You really need the wind in your hair.

What’s your preferred drive music?

It depends on my mood. If I’m going to the gym then I’ve got some really hard-core stuff playing. But at the moment I’m getting into Etta James, so I’m into jazz and big black women with really strong voices.

Archived