White Christmas

Guest bradyell

Story Title: - White Christmas

Type of story: Short/Medium Fic - Twoshot

Main Characters: Aden/Belle

BTTB rating: T/A (just to be on the safe side)

Genre: Romance

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Nope..unless you don't like fluff, in which case consider yourself warned...this is gonna be as fluffy as...as a really fluffy thing!!

Summary: - Aden and Belle get to experience a christmas like no other they've experienced before!

So, all the snow we are experiencing here in the UK and the fact the christmas tree is up and the advent calendars are now open has gone to my head and i had my arm twisted (you know who you are!) into writing a nice fluffy oneshot which i got carried away with so will now be a twoshot! Hope you all enjoy it and that it puts you in a nice festive type mood....maybe have an after 8 or a matchmaker or a chocolate orange whilst you are reading....ooo or just watch the coke ad on a loop :lol: see i told you the winteryness had gone to my head......i'll just shut up now.....enjoy!

Part one

December arrived in summer bay with the usual scorching temperatures and flurry of activity as the residents prepared themselves for Christmas.

Aden was in the middle of a busy shift at the bait shop, returning the hire canoes back to their spot on the beach. The muscles in his arms flexed as he pulled one in each hand back up the sand to the stand just in front of the shop. He was so focused on his work that he didn’t feel the intent gaze upon him, only stopping when a wolf whistle broke through the usual sounds coming from the beach. Looking up his eyes met with the sparkling chocolate brown ones of his new wife.

“That’s what I like to see, my man working hard to bring home the bacon.”

“Your man huh?” he replied as he dropped the canoes onto the sand with a thud and sidled up to her, wiping his hands on his jeans. “I like that.”

“Not as much as I do.” Belle whispered as he reached her. She placed her hand against his taught abdomen her fingers slipping just underneath the white vest he was wearing as she rose onto her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his. “I brought you lunch” she murmured against his lips. “Hungry?”

“Hmm, very hungry, but not for this.” He muttered into the kiss the fingers of his left hand trailing down her arm until they reached the paper bag she had clutched in her hand. “Let’s get rid of this.” He took the bag from her and threw it without care of where it landed. “Better.” He whispered as her now empty hand trailed up his back to his neck where her fingers tugged at the hair at the nape of his neck.

“Much better.” She agreed.

The world around them disappeared as they lost themselves in their kisses each of them putting all the love they felt for the other into every gesture.

They remained locked in their embrace, oblivious to their surroundings for a few minutes until a shout forced them to break apart laughing.

“Would you two get a room! God, how long does this newly wed phase last because I swear I am gonna get actually sick if I have to watch it for much longer.”

“Hey Nic.” Aden greeted the blonde as he reluctantly tore his lips from his wife’s. “Shouldn’t you be at school or something?”

“It’s lunch time.” Nicole replied “And some of us have to eat actual food rather than….well rather than each other like you two!”

“Jealousy is such an unattractive trait” Belle quipped as she untangled herself from Aden and picked up the lunch bag that had landed on one of the canoes. “Here you go.” She added handing the bag to Nicole.

“Hey that was mine!” Aden grumbled reaching out to pull Belle back towards him, already missing the feel of her in his arms.

“There’s enough for both of you.” Belle answered with a grin

“And what about you?” Aden asked not giving her time to answer before pressing his lips to hers.

“Gross Aden! I’m eating here!” Nicole exclaimed.

“I have to get back to work.” Belle admitted with a reluctant sigh as she pulled away from him.

“No, don’t go, you only just got here.” Aden groaned, tightening the hold he had around her waist.

“Sorry babe, I have to. We are really busy anyway and then there’s the stuff for tonight to get ready.”

“Tonight?”

“Colleen’s fundraiser.” Nicole answered him. “Even I know that Aden, how dumb are you?”

“Dumb? This coming from little miss repeating year twelve, my boyfriend is too busy making music to have lunch with me…”

“You repeated too!” Nicole argued back instantly “And Liam and I…”

“Ok, I have no desire at all to referee this little argument so I’m gonna love you and leave you.” Belle interrupted pecking a quick kiss against Aden’s lips and attempting to move away from him only for him to tighten even further the hold he had on her.

“How about you just love me, no leaving.” He murmured directly into her ear then began to nuzzle her neck.

“Aden! I have to go.” Belle managed to whisper, fighting every cell in her body that was screaming at her to stay. “Later, I promise.”

“Later what?” Aden asked, a sly grin appearing on his face.

With a laugh Belle decided to play him at his own game and pulled him into a passionate kiss that left him gasping for air when she eventually pulled away.

“I’ll love you later…lots.” She added with a grin as she managed to extract herself finally from his hold. “Bye Nic.” She waved before turning away and heading up the beach towards the diner leaving Aden groaning with frustration and Nicole giggling despite herself.

_ _ _ _

“Yum!”

Aden grinned as Belle strolled down the stairs dressed ready for Colleen’s fundraiser. She was wearing a turquoise strapless dress that fitted her snugly and ended a couple of inches above her knee.

“You like?” She asked as she stepped down the last few steps and approached him.

“Uh uh,” Aden shook his head. “I love! Now come here and kiss me!”

“Hmmm, I would…” Belle started as she got to just within his reach. “…but we’re late so you’ll just have to wait.” At this she took a few backwards steps and then twirled and made her way towards the door, pausing to pick up her keys on the stand.

“You’re a tease today you know that?” Aden grumbled as he followed her.

“Oh come on, if I was a tease, I’d tell you that I’m going commando.” Belle retaliated as she pulled open the door with a giggle.

“What…you’re…Belle! Are you kidding? Please tell me you are kidding!”

“You’ll just have to wait till later to find out.” Belle told him “Now come on, move, the sooner we get there the sooner we can leave and the sooner you’ll get your answer.”

“Tease!” Aden growled as he rubbed at his face with his hands before following her out of the door.

Ten minutes later they were walking hand in hand into the surf club which had been transformed into Colleen’s version of a Christmas grotto. Tinsel was hanging from every conceivable surface and fairy lights twinkled giving a magical feel to the room.

“Wow, Colleen, this looks amazing!” Belle gushed “Doesn’t it babe?” She asked turning to Aden.

“Oh yeah, really er Christmassy.” He agreed “I’ll go get us a drink.”

Before he could make a move to the bar Colleen raised her hand to stop him.

“Wait! You can’t go anywhere until you have bought a raffle ticket. That is why we are all here after all to raise money for the hospital. They do such good work and…”

“We’ll have two.” Aden interrupted her speech before she could get too carried away.

“Just two… right. Well after all the visits you’ve had there young Belle I’d have thought…”

“Just…” Belle slipped her hand into Aden pocket and pulled out his wallet, she removed a note from it and handed it to him. “…you go and get us some drinks; I’ll sort the tickets out.”

“Righto.” Aden agreed readily not needing to be told twice.

He had ordered and received their drinks before Belle managed to escape and join him at the bar.

“Is there any point me even having this back?” he asked as she handed his wallet over.

“Probably not.” She laughed “Alf, we’re good for a tab right?”

“What’s that love?” Alf asked.

“Colleen…raffle tickets….” Aden said.

“Ah, say no more.” Alf laughed.

“Are you guys talking about your sex life again?” Nicole asked as she walked up behind them, placing a hand on each of their shoulders.

“Nic!”

They both cried together as Alf walked away chuckling.

“Oh come on, you were all over each other like some kind of bad rash earlier, you can’t seriously be embarrassed now?”

“Yes we can!” Belle warned “So enough yeah?”

“Alright, alright.” Nicole agreed with a laugh. “So are you gonna come and dance?” She asked Belle nodding to the DJ who was currently playing to an empty dance floor.

“Nic!” Belle groaned.

“Course she will” Aden laughed giving her a gentle nudge. “Revenge sweetheart” he whispered into her ear as he pushed her towards Nicole who grabbed her hand and pulled her away.

_ _ _ _

“Excuse me…if I can have your attention please.”

Much to Belle’s relief Colleen interrupted the music giving her the opportunity to slip away from the dance floor and back to Aden at the bar.

“Aw, don’t tell me the show’s over already?” He pouted, however it quickly turned into a grin as Belle dug him in the ribs with her elbow. “You looked really hot babe.”

“Yeah?” she asked instantly pacified.

“Hell yeah!” Aden answered. “Is it time for us to leave yet? I wanna see what’s under this.” He tugged gently on her dress bringing her even closer to him as he arms wound around her waist.

“I told you earlier….nothing.” Belle whispered into his ear causing a groan to escape his lips. "But, we couldn’t possibly leave before the raffle draw.” She added as she turned around in his arms to face Colleen who was still trying to capture the attention of everybody in the room.

“Are you trying to kill me?” Aden whispered into her ear as she giggled.

“Patience baby.” She murmured then hushed him before he could respond.

“Ladies and Gentlemen….” Colleen began. “….As you know we are all here to raise money for our wonderful local hospital so it is only right that our very own wonderful doctor Walker draws the raffle tickets….Doctor Walker, if you wouldn’t mind….”

Whilst she waited for Sid to make his way to the stage Colleen began to list the prizes that had been donated by local businesses. There was the usual array of electrical goods, bottles of champagne and an envelope from the local travel agents.

“Now, this is our mystery prize, even I don’t know what it contains!” She exclaimed as she held up the envelope, I think we’ll leave this one till the very end!”

“Wow, you were so right…” Aden murmured into Belle’s ear “…this is so much more fun than what I had planned.”

“Yeah? What did you have planned then?” Belle whispered as she rested her head back against his chest her eyes still fixed firmly on the stage.

“Hmmm…” Aden mused as Sid pulled the first ticket from the box and Colleen announced the number. “I’m thinking…we lose the dress.”

“I thought you liked the dress.” Belle grinned as she flicked quickly through the pile of tickets clutched in her hand.

“I love the dress sweetheart; I’ll love it even more when it’s on the floor of our lounge.”

“The lounge huh?”

“Mmm the lounge.” Aden nodded “You’ve kept me waiting long enough!”

“Well, you know what they say; the best things come to those who wait.” Belle murmured back sultrily.

Aden let out a muffled laugh as he buried his face into her shoulder. “You are seriously killing me babe!” He groaned.

“Not much longer.” Belle told him. “This is the last prize.”

He raised his head and watched as Sid pulled the last ticket from the large box and handed it to Colleen.

“57” She called “Number 57.”

“Wadda ya know.” Aden exclaimed with a grin when he spotted the number just called out on the top ticket of the pile Belle held “Winner!”

His last word made Belle smile as a memory of their first few days together flashed through her mind. She waved the ticket in the air and called to Colleen.

“That’s me! I have 57!”

“Well come on, don’t be shy!” Colleen replied through the microphone.

“Belle? Shy? You should have seen her on the beach this lunchtime Colleen, she’s nowhere near shy!” Nicole called causing the assembled crowd to laugh and Belle to shoot her a glare as she made her way towards the stage.

“There you go dear.” Colleen handed Belle the envelope as soon as she set foot on the stage. “Now tell us what it is, it is our mystery prize remember.”

“Ok.” Belle laughed as she quickly tore into the envelope. “Oh my god!” She exclaimed as she pulled the piece of paper out and glanced at what was written on it.

“What? What is it?” Colleen asked with all the excitement if a child on Christmas morning.

Belle seemingly lost for words turned the paper for the older woman to read herself.

“Oooo two weeks holiday in Australia.” Colleen read.

“We live in Australia!” Nicole cried out as Sid stepped forward and pulled the paper from Belle’s fingers.

“Austria, a two week holiday in Austria. Wow! Congratulations.” He added as he handed the paper back to Belle who accepted it and silently left the stage as the rest of the assembled crowd cheered, congratulating her as she walked past.

“Babe, you alright?” Aden asked as Belle approached and he pulled the paper from her hands “I can’t believe this!”

“Europe Aden, Austria is in Europe!”

“Yeah, despite what Nic says I’m not that dumb babe, I did pass geography!”

“Wh…when is it for, I didn’t look.” She watched as his eyes skimmed over the details, his eyes getting brighter the further he read.

“Christmas.” He answered simply

“Christmas.” She repeated as in this Christmas?”

“Uh huh.” Aden nodded. “You know what this means don’t you?”

“What?” She asked her mind unable to function enough to hazard a guess.

“Snow!”

“Snow?”

“Yep, snow.” Aden grinned. “You….” He paused to press a kiss against her lips “me….” Then another “….and a white Christmas.”

Part 2

December had arrived in Austria with the usual plummeting temperature and flurries of snow.

Aden and Belle were in the middle of a throng of people all heading towards the exit of the small but busy airport. After a gruelling 27 hours they had just completed the last but one leg of their journey, the short flight form Berlin to Innsbruck, and had just a one hour taxi journey ahead of them before reaching their final destination of Kitzbuhel.

Belle leant wearily against her husband who steered the trolley containing their luggage through the ‘nothing to declare’ lane of the customs area before exiting into the main arrivals section of the airport.

“Alright gorgeous? You hanging in there?” Aden asked her quietly as his eyes swept the area looking for the driver he had been assured would be there to meet them.

“Just about.” She answered quietly, stifling a yawn.

“That’s my girl.” Aden whispered dropping a kiss onto the top of her head as he led her over to the man he had spotted holding a board bearing their name.

“Mr and Mrs Jefferies?”

“That’s us.” Aden replied as he held out a hand for the man to shake.

“Willkomen! You have had a long journey?” He asked in heavily accented but clear English.

“Yeah, really, really long.” Aden laughed.

“We will have you soon at your hotel and then you can begin and enjoy our wonderful country.”

“We’re looking forward to it very much.” Belle grinned. “Once we get rid of the jet lag!”

“Ah, well if you follow me please our lovely cold air will blow that jet lag away!”

The couple both smiled as the driver took the trolley from Aden and led them towards the exit.

“Oh my god! It’s freezing!” Aden exclaimed as a blast of cold air reached them as the automatic doors slid open to allow them to leave the building.

“Oh! No snow?” Belle couldn’t hide the disappointment in her voice when she noticed the snow free road in front of her.

“Lots of snow Mrs Jefferies do not worry, just not under the cover.” The driver gestured above him to the roof that was covering the drop off and collection zone.

“Ah, yeah.” She mumbled as she buried her head into Aden’s shoulder to hide her embarrassment.

“Don’t worry babe, it’s been a long day.” Aden chuckled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him.

“I just wanna see snow!” She muttered.

“We will sweetheart.” He reassured her as they came to a stop behind the driver who was opening the doors of a large four wheel drive jeep.

“You climb aboard and I will load luggage.” The driver informed them as he held open the door and gestured to the inside of the car.

“Thanks.” Aden said as he helped Belle in and then climbed in right behind her, pulling the door shut when he noticed her shivering. “Cold babe?”

“Y...yeah” Belle stuttered hooking her arm through his and cuddling up as close to him as she could.

“Here.” He pulled his arm from her grip and wrapped it back around her shoulders using his hand to rub up and down her arm. “Better?”

“Mmm, a bit.” She nodded “Looks like we are gonna have to do lots of snuggling on this holiday huh?”

“Hmmm, yeah I guess.” Aden nodded unable to stop the grin spreading on his face. “What a chore that’s gonna be!”

_ _ _ _

For the first fifteen minutes or so of their journey to the resort Belle had her nose pressed against the window of the car, exclaiming joyfully over the sights they were passing but as the darkness fell and their view became limited she relaxed back against Aden and by the time they reached their final destination the jet lag had taken a hold of her and she was dozing silently against his shoulder.

“Belle.” Aden murmured as the driver turned the car into the grounds of the resort. “Baby, we’re here, time to wake up.”

“Huh? What?” She asked sitting up abruptly and raising her hand from where it was resting on Aden’s chest to rub at her eyes.

“We have arrived.” The driver exclaimed as he slowly drove past the main building and continued up a gentle slope for a further few minutes pointing out various features as he went. “Your Cabin is just close by but you can feel free to use all of the facilities in the hotel.”

“Cool.” Aden replied. “Is there a restaurant?”

“Yah” the driver nodded “There is a small kitchen that is stocked fully in your cabin but of course we have a wonderful restaurant in the main building and we open very early for breakfast before you ski.”

“Ski?” Belle laughed “I don’t think so!”

“You don’t ski?” The driver asked glancing at her in the rear view mirror.

“Well, this is the first time either of us has even seen snow so flying down a hill of the stuff with a couple of planks of wood strapped to our feet…not the best idea!” she laughed along with Aden and the driver himself joined in.

“Well we have a very good ski school close by if you have a change of mind. Now here we are. Your home for the next two weeks.”

He pulled the car to a stop outside a small, cosy looking log cabin.

Belle let out a small gasp as she gazed out of her window. “Oh my…it’s…Aden look!”

“I see babe, pretty amazing huh?”

“It’s…god it’s breath taking!” Belle whispered in awe as she pulled out of Aden’s embrace and climbed out of the car.

He quickly followed to find her slowly turning on the spot her arms outstretched and her face upturned as flakes of snow drifted upon her.

He was oblivious to the view around him as he stared at her his heart racing as she began to giggle gently. Unable to contain himself a moment longer he stepped towards her and pulled her into his arms stopping her mid turn.

“You are breath taking.” He told her as he stared deeply into her twinkling eyes. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” She replied as she pressed her lips to his. “This is going to be the best Christmas ever!”

“It sure is gorgeous.” Aden agreed. “Let’s get inside hey, before we actually freeze!”

“Ok.” Belle agreed reluctantly as she took his hand and let him lead her into the cabin where the driver was placing their luggage just inside a doorway off the main room.

“Your bedroom.” He announced pointing into the room behind him. “Bathroom is through there and this is your main room and kitchen area as you can tell.” He said sweeping his arm in front of him as he fully entered the room. “The fire is lit as you can see, we have left instructions to tell you how to keep it going but if you have problems please do call the reception and we will be happy to help.”

“Thanks.” Aden smiled warmly at him.

Belle seemed lost for words as she stared around the room trying to take it all in.

“I shall leave you then. Please enjoy your stay.”

Aden followed him to the door and thanked him again before closing it behind him and then turning back to face his wife.

“Speechless babe?” he asked with a grin as he approached her.

“Pretty much!” Belle giggled. “It’s…just look at it Aden!”

He followed her instructions with a laugh taking in the mainly wood décor, the deep red sofa, curtains and large cream fur rug adding a soft, homely touch. The main feature of the room was a large brick fireplace which housed a roaring log fire.

“It’s alright I guess.” He said with a forced nonchalance.

“Alright? It’s more than alright!” Belle cried.

“Yeah I know, I’m kidding around babe. It’s...it’s stunning.”

“Yeah it is” she agreed as she wound her arms around his neck. “This is just perfect. So, so perfect!”

She raised onto her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his, kissing him passionately, having to wait only a fraction of a second before he responded, running his hands up her sides and then bringing them to tangle in her hair.

“Perfect.” Aden murmured into the kiss before moving from her lips and trailing his along her jaw to her neck.

“Babe…babe wait a sec.” Belle whispered pushing against his chest.

Aden stopped instantly and cupped her face between his hands.

“Too tired huh?” he asked with a grin.

“Would you hate me for saying yes?” Belle asked reluctantly.

“Hey! You should know by now that I could never ever hate you. Besides what could be better than say…a bath, something quick to eat and then snuggling up in that great looking bed for an early night.”

“Sounds…..”

“Perfect?” he guessed

“As long as you meant a bath together then yeah, perfect.” Belle grinned as she reached up to kiss him again.

_ _ _ _

“Jeez what the….”

Aden jumped awake as a blast of freezing cold air hit him.

“Babe, what are you doing?” he asked pulling the quilt to cover his bare chest as Belle pulled the balcony doors open further.

“Looking at the view…look how amazing it is!” She was practically bouncing with excitement. “Oh my god! There’s a hot tub out here!”

“Seriously?” he exclaimed jumping up to join her forgetting the cold until he was stood outside wearing just his boxers. “God its cold!” he exclaimed. “Get over here and warm me up!”

“Bossy!” Belle laughed even though she complied and made her way over to him running her hands up his chest then over his shoulders, looping her arms around his neck and pressing her body as close to his as she could manage. “Better?”

“Oh yeah!” He grinned into her lips as she kissed him. “Although, you know what’d be warmer?”

“What?” Belle asked although she had a pretty good idea as to what his answer was going to be.

Without speaking Aden kissed her again and then backed away, removing her arms from his neck and making his way over to the hot tub.

The butterflies fluttering in Belle’s stomach after his kisses intensified as the muscles in his arms flexed when he lifted the lid from the tub and rested it against the edge of the balcony.

“Wadda ya say?” he asked as he fanned away the burst of steam that escaped as he removed the lid.

“Oh, I say…wanna help me unpack to find our swim stuff?”

“Swim stuff?” Aden exclaimed reaching out to pull her over to him. “Get over here, we don’t need swim stuff!” As soon as she was close enough he began to pull up the vest top she was wearing as pyjamas.

“Aden!” she giggled pushing at his hands to stop him in his tracks.

“What?” he asked. “Who are you worried about showing?” he removed an arm from around her and swept it over the view.

Belle followed his arm looking at the snow covered mountains and the alpine trees that were surrounding them and realised he was right they were in no way overlooked by anyone, providing them with complete privacy.

“Hmmm, I guess you’re right.” She whispered sultrily as her arms wound around his back her fingers playing with the elastic of his boxers.

“I’m always right baby.” Aden grinned as he pulled her top up in one quick movement, his lips claiming hers as soon at the thin material was clear of her face. They kissed hungrily as they helped each other remove their remaining clothing and then parted reluctantly so they could climb into the warm, bubbling water. Aden found one of the seats round the edge and pulled Belle into his lap his lips kissing everywhere they could reach. "God I love you!"

_ _ _ _

After a fun hour in the hot tub Belle dragged a reluctant Aden to get ready so that they could get some breakfast and begin exploring the resort.

The jet lag having played havoc with their body clocks meant that she had woken them early enough that they were still in time for breakfast in the main hotel despite their activities.

“How do you even move with all this stuff on!” Aden exclaimed as he entered the main room pulling a scarf around his neck. “I have like, five layers on. I feel like Joey in that episode of friends where he wears all Chandler’s clothes!”

“Ha yeah! That’s a good episode.” Belle smiled as she pulled on her own coat. “You look cute though babe.”

“Cute? Honey, no guy wants to be called cute! Especially by his wife who, by the way, looks incredibly sexy!”

“Sexy?” She questioned with a laugh “How can I possibly look sexy? You can’t see anything!”

“That’s the point.” Aden grinned as he strode towards her picking up her long grey scarf from the sofa and looping it around her neck using it to pull her towards him. “Adds to the mystery.” He explained with a wink.

“Mystery? I think it’s safe to say that there’s no mystery between us. You remember what we were just doing in the hot tub right?”

“Remember? I won’t be forgetting this morning for a long time babe!” He pulled again on the scarf until Belle was pressed right up against him. “This morning was hot in every sense of the word!” he added before kissing her passionately.

“Mmm” Belle moaned into his lips and succumbed for a few moments before pulling away. “As fun as this is baby I didn’t spend 28 hours traveling just to spend the whole time kissing you.”

“Oh, we don’t have to stop at kissing.” Aden murmured as he kissed her again.

“Babe!” Belle laughed pushing against his chest

“Ok, ok!” Aden grumbled “Let’s get out of here.” He tied a knot in her scarf and pulled it until it fit snugly against her neck. “You wrapped up enough? Hat? Gloves?”

Belle reached over to the couch and picked up a grey woolly hat that matched her scarf and then plucked a pair of thick padded gloves from her coat pocket. “Check and check” she grinned. “You?”

“Yup.” He nodded pulling both of the items from his pocket. “Not sure about the hat though!” He commented as he pulled on the black knitted beanie.

“Why? It looks cu….”

“Don’t even think about saying cute!” Aden interrupted her as she laughed.

“You look great you big sook! Now come on, let’s go play in the snow!”

“Don’t you want your camera?” he asked picking up her bag and waving it in her direction just as she reached the door.

“Not today.” She shook her head. “Today I wanna play and I’d worry about it getting wrecked.”

“Play huh? I love the sound of that.” Aden grinned “How about we just take my little one then, don’t wanna miss anything.”

“Good idea.” Belle agreed. “You can keep it in your inside pocket or something.”

“Ok.” Aden nodded. “Go ahead if you like babe, I’ll find it and catch you up.” He could tell that she was just itching to get outside and didn’t want her to have to wait any longer.

“Cool.” Belle didn’t need telling twice and was pulling open the door and skipping outside before Aden had even taken a step towards the bedroom.

_ _ _ _

The walk to the main hotel building took them twice as long as it should have done as they spent half of the time joking around and throwing snowballs at each other.

After tucking into a continental style breakfast they decided to take a taxi into the local town to see what was on offer.

They had been in a few shops and looked around the beautiful church then continued the walk hand in hand along the surprisingly busy high street. Aden couldn’t keep the grin from his lips at Belle’s obvious joy and excitement.

“You having fun gorgeous?” He asked as they came to a stop outside a small coffee shop.

“Huh?” Belle asked having been distracted by the display of cakes and pastries in the window.

“I asked if you were having fun?” He repeated with a laugh.

“Am I ever!” Belle grinned. “How about a hot chocolate hey?” She asked as she nodded towards the café door.

“And by hot chocolate you mean hot chocolate and cake?”

“Obviously!” She laughed. “Look at these bad boys!”

“How you are so thin is beyond me!” Aden chuckled as he placed his hands onto her shoulders and steered her inside and over to a table.

By the time they had removed their coats and various other outdoor clothes a waitress was waiting at the table ready to take their order.

Belle hastily glanced at the menu and then with a smile ordered two hot chocolates and two large slices of chocolate cake.

“Do I not even get a say?” Aden asked.

“Nope!” she grinned back.

“I know what you’re up to?” he laughed leaning forwards and picking her hand up off the table, fiddling with the rings encircling her ring finger.

“You do?”

“Yup! You are filling me with calories so that I have plenty of energy then you can have your wicked way with me later.”

“Busted!” She giggled

“Seriously sweetheart, you know I don’t need any kind of persuasion!”

“Yeah, I kind of got that earlier.” She laughed “In fact I got that months and months ago.”

“It’s not my fault you’re so irresistible.” He replied with a wink as he raised her hand to his lips and kissed it.

They continued teasing each other playfully until their order arrived then sat in silence for a few minutes as they enjoyed the chocolate treats. Aden only managed half of his cake and had spooned most of the whipped cream from the top of his drink but Belle had finished all of hers much to his amusement.

“What?” She asked as she noticed him laughing at her. “I’m gonna need the energy for later right?”

_ _ _ _

The next few days passed in much the same way as their first in Austria, the two of them making full use of the time alone together along with exploring the surrounding area as well as using the facilities like the pool and gym at the hotel.

Christmas Eve arrived and Aden had arranged for them to have Ski lessons insisting to Belle that they would be crazy not to at least try after travelling all that way.

She was pleasantly surprised when she picked it up quite quickly and only fell over a handful of times unlike Aden who seemed to spend most of the day pulling himself back to his feet after falling over.

“Not one of my best ideas!” he groaned as they made their way back to their cabin at the end of the day.

“Oh, I dunno, it was kind of fun in the end!” Belle chuckled.

“For you maybe, they didn’t give you dodgy skis!”

“Dodgy skis? Babe, just admit it, you suck at skiing!”

“Yeah, ok, I suck at skiing.” Aden admitted with a sigh as they reached the door. “It’s not funny though, it actually really hurt a few of the times I fell.”

“Aww, my poor baby.” Belle murmured as she opened the door and then turned back to him. “You need me to kiss it better? Where do you hurt?”

“If you’re kissing better, everywhere!” Aden replied as he followed her backwards retreat into the cabin and kicked the door closed behind them.

It took a fraction of a second before Belle was in his arms kissing him passionately. They simultaneously pulled each others hats off and threw them onto the floor. Aden tried to run his fingers through her hair but his thick gloves hindered him.

He growled into the kiss before pulling away just enough for him to raise his hands to his mouth and use his teeth to pull off his gloves as Belle giggled.

“Come here.” He muttered after throwing the gloves away, threading his fingers into her hair and pulling her back to him.

They kissed hungrily and after a few moments Aden lowered his hands and began to pull on the zip of her coat only for it to get caught half way down by her scarf.

He groaned loudly in frustration as she giggled again.

“Here, I’ll get it.” She told him as she pulled back from him and detached the scarf and pulled the zip all the way down.

“Sex is so much easier at home.” He grinned as he closed the gap between them again and pushed the coat from her shoulders.

“Oh, I don’t know.” Belle whispered sultrily as she removed his coat. “This just makes it more fun…” She kissed him briefly “…like unwrapping a really good present.”

“Baby, you are the best present I ever got.” Aden whispered before claiming her lips once again putting an end to the conversation.

_ _ _ _

The couple had decided against going to the restaurant for dinner that night preferring to stay in their cosy cabin.

By the time midnight approached they were snuggled on the rug in front of the fire a blanket pulled from the bed covering them.

“This has to be the most perfect moment ever.” Belle murmured as she raised her head from his chest just enough to allow her to take a sip of the champagne that Aden had produced as a surprise earlier on in the evening.

“Yeah it does.” He replied pressing a kiss to the top of her head, the only part of her he could reach with his lips without moving. One of his hands was underneath the blanket, drawing lazy circles on her bare back, the other playing absentmindedly with a lock of her hair.

After a few minutes of silence, the only sounds their breathing and the crackling of the fire; Belle shifted her position so that her face was level with his.

“What time is it?”

“Ermm” he pulled his arm from under the blanket glancing at his watch before returning it to her back instantly. “About two minutes to midnight.”

“Two minutes to Christmas.” She grinned pressing a kiss against his lips but pulling away before he could deepen it. “Do you have a wish?”

“What?” he chuckled.

“A Christmas wish.” She explained. “I think now has gotta be the best time to make one.”

“Honestly babe, right now, I can’t think of anything to wish for that I haven’t already got.” He answered kissing her gently.

“You are too sweet baby.” Belle replied. “I can think of something I want but….”

“But what?” Aden asked intrigued as she trailed off.

“But…” Belle sighed and lowered her head to avoid his eyes “…but you’d have to want it too and I’m not sure if you do or…”

“Hey.” Aden said as he placed a finger under her chin and pressed gently against it until her eyes met his again. “If there’s something you want that I can give you…I will. Every time Belle, anything you want ok?”

“I…I want your baby!”

“What?” He exclaimed, completely shocked by her answer.

“Your baby Aden, that’s what I want. I…I know we talked about it ages ago before the wedding when I had that scare and I know right then wasn’t the time but now…”

“Now seems right?” He guessed.

“Yeah it does.” She whispered. “I can’t imagine anything more amazing than us creating a new life together.”

“Nor can I.” he replied gently as his fingers tenderly stroked her cheek.

“So…so you agree?” Belle asked

Hi whole face lit up in a grin as he nodded and leant towards her so his lips were brushing her ear.

“I wanna give you a baby.” He whispered to her.

“So this is…we’re gonna try. We’re trying for a baby?” Belle cried unable to believe that they had made the decision so quickly and easily.

“Yeah” Aden nodded “And I think we should get started trying right away.” He added with a smirk as the hand on her back began to travel southwards.

“I think that’s a perfect idea” Belle replied as she rolled over so she lay on top of him. “Just one more thing.”

“What’s that gorgeous?” he asked with a grin as he raised both of his hands to cup her face.

“Merry Christmas!”

Comments

Archived