Guest Lise

Story Title: Broken

Type of story: oneshot

Main Characters: Martha

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Probably either Drama or Angst

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: No

Summary: Just a little thing that wrote. Martha's thoughts after the death of Jack. Please be honest because this is the first thing I've written.

The poem is the poem that Cassie and Colleen read at Flynn's funeral.

A big, huge thank you to jenlee for checking this over...you rock!

It’s cold. This world. It’s cold without you. I’ve almost lost the will to live, the energy to keep going is gone. You were my will to live, that energy, the spark in my life. My safety net. My place to fall back on. I always knew you’d be there waiting to catch me. You would be there to pick up me when I was down.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep,

What is life without you? To me, it’s empty. Almost like a hole, a big gaping hole. I’ve been trying to fill it but every time I put a little in, the hole just seems to get bigger.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

Little by little I’ve tried to move on but it doesn’t work. It just won’t work. It’s almost not worth it. I know that other people will come along but they will never measure up to you. In my eyes you were perfect. You will always be perfect. All my life I wished that someone like you would come along.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

They’ve tried to help me. A lot of people have tried. I can see they are worried but every time they try I just push them away a little bit more. It’s almost feels safer this way. To hide.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

They say there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. Well, my tunnel has no light, just darkness. It’s pitch black.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

I know I made mistakes but this punishment, it feels like torture. It’s overwhelming. In a flash I’d re-write all my mistakes. I’d re-write history just for you. I would fix each and every one of them to have you back.

When you wake in the morning hush.

I am the swift uplifting rush.

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I have a picture. A photo. It’s of you and me on our wedding day. I remember it. Those were some of the happiest times of my life. That day, it was perfect. Everything I’d ever wished for. My family, friends, the dress, the cake but none of it compared to you. Nothing, nobody will ever compare to you. You were my world. You will always be world.

I am the soft starlight at night.

There was something about you. That look in your eyes. The smile on your face. The sound of your laugh. Something I just don’t think I’ll be able to find in anyone else. Always know that you will live safely in my thoughts.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

One thing that I am sure of is that I have an angel watching over me, keeping me safe. That angel is you.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.

Comments

Archived