Star's School Spirit

Guest **Julie**

Star's school spirit

Herald Sun

14 October 2008

Home and Away actress Tessa James is no longer a student at Methodist Ladies College but she still has a visible presence at the school.

Her old classmates have built her a mini-shrine, cutting out all her clippings and pinning them to a noticeboard.

And they have accumulated a considerable collection.

Following in the tradition of other schoolgirl stars, James has won kudos for her acting and must be a leading early contender for the best young talent Logie.

The 17-year-old left the school early this year when she scored the role on the Channel 7 soap, but plans to complete year 12 later when she can give it her best effort.

"I don't miss the homework that much," she laughed.

"But I definitely miss my friends and the social side of things.

"I call in to the school quite often because my family lives around the corner and it is always great to catch up."

She said she was "having a ball in Sydney" but it had been tough leaving her family and friends.

"I live by myself, which is a pretty big change after living with my family all of my life," she said.

"I have had to grow up pretty quickly and organise a lot of things for myself, but it has been good for me."

James said a driver took her to work each day but she planned on taking advantage of the NSW law allowing people to drive at 17 and sit for her licence soon.

Archived