Guest shellybelly46

Story Title: Last Christmas

Story description: Jack and Martha

Type of story: Short - oneshot

BTTB rating: General

does story include spoilers: no

Is story being proof read: yes

Any warnings: -

summary: Jack, Martha and the rest of Summerbay share a christmas of joy!

As posted on HAAC

Notes:

- This Christmas, next year. Got that? Set a year ahead otherwise I would have had to make Jack the bad guy and I didn’t want to do that! LOL.

- D*ckstickers = speedos, for those who don't know

- Martha loves kids, really :P

- I did not write about Ash, did I? :( Kill me now. Imagine all the 'adores' as 'loves' :D

- Thanks to Krystal for proofing

Last Christmas

Martha’s POV

Christmas. What can I say? The festive season sucks. The whole families all in one place, together, whining and arguing about nothing!! Little ferrets running around you as if you’re another obstacle in their maze. Sure, I love kids, but the whole eerie screaming thing, I hate! You’ll just be walking and “Ahhh!” ones behind you screaming there little lungs out, it’s enough to make you jump! People say I need to lighten up, but how can I? Especially after what happened last year at this time. That stupid cop guy, what’s his name again? Fungus face?

Everything was going great! I was finally happy about moving on from Jack, it hurt like hell leaving him, I seriously thought we’d be together for ever, obviously I was wrong. Ash came along and everything was just brilliant, pure blissful.

It was Christmas Eve the only time I could spend with Ash, the guy who I now love, over the next two days. He was going up to his parents place and I was busy with my visiting brothers. It also gave me a chance to reconnect with Jack as great mates. Ash decided to take me out to this secluded beach, it was gorgeous, the sun was setting and the temperature was just nice. He set up the most supreme picnic dinner, wine, and nibbles just in front of the waterfront. He sat me down and we shared silent pleasurable moments just taking in each other’s company. It was love right there in front of me.

We lay for hours, just enjoying the time by ourselves; we hadn’t been by ourselves like this before. It was great, smiles, laughs, gifts, memories and tipsy comments, kisses and even cuddles. He showed huge amounts of affection towards me, I loved it. I’m a huge attention seeker and I was happy that he liked to show me that. He’d nibble on my ear and whisper naughty and very forward things into them making me chuckle. He was the sweetest guy I knew and I loved him for it.

It all came crashing down around me. We said our goodbyes and I was all set for a great Christmas with friends and family. That was until Jack called me. I answered the phone with a joyful glee in my voice, he could tell too. He broke the news pretty quickly, he explained where he was and what he was doing, we exchanged ‘Merry Christmas’’ and then he revealed what Ash was really doing. Turns out the guy I thought I started loving has a wife and kids, that’s right, a bloody wife and kids. I was used. I was chewed up and spat right back out. It was amazing how I changed my feelings so quickly! Love to hate in the click of your fingers.

That has to have been the worst Christmas ever. Something I’ll never forget.

This year I plan on being filled with love and delight, even if that means being whacked on the back of the legs with a plastic knife from crazy, fighting four year olds, who the arms reaching for you to pick up a little fairy who wishes to be thrown around the air pretending to fly. This Christmas will be better then the last.

The Summer Bay residents decided to share one huge Christmas day outside the Surf Club. We were all together. Dozens and dozens of kids with new presents from Santa. And dozens of adults with wine or beer in their hands just enjoying themselves.

I stand by a table laughing and giggling at the craziness Christmas brings out of everyone. I look up and find Jack standing near the beach railing, leaning on it, and enjoying the view. My eyes locked with his body. Suddenly I felt myself tense up. For one moment the world just stopped, all there were was him and I, me and Jack; everything was frozen out, just blurred.

I made my way over to where he stood, nearly bowling over a few children in my path. Using my two index fingers and with one small jolt in his sides I greeted him. He jumped. Unaware what I just did to him.

“For old times,” I said smiling at him. “Hi.”

“Hey,” he replied giggling at me. Our eyes met and everything just seemed so much easier but yet so much more complicated. Today was going to be special. Looking into his eyes made me feel ill, only because I knew deep down what I was missing out on. He made me melt. I just wanted to pounce on him. His eyes and lips were so inviting. I looked down, wanting to move right along from those thoughts.

“So, was Santa good to you?” I asked shyly. He giggled at my question.

“Hmm, couple of cartons of beer, what more can I ask for? Oh, and thanks for your hideous present.”

“Hideous?” I said shocked, dropping my jaw. “They’re hot d*ckstickers!” I declared pushing his shoulder. “You look good without a shirt on,” I blurted out, immediately regretting it. I forced a smile and looked away from Jack. His face was so confronting.

Jack grabbed me pulling me back to face him. His touch sent tingles all through my body. My nerves were about to explode, or jump out of my skin even more. That’d be so embarrassing, who knows what I would do? I shudder at the thought of embarrassing myself. I kept repeating to stay calm over and over. It wasn’t helping me.

“What did you just say?” Jack smirked at me, clearly amused of what I just told him. Damn me and my big mouth. Screw this. Nothing can stop me now.

“You’d look hot in those colourful swirl patterned pair of swimwear that really should only be worn by 80 year old men,” I smirked back at him. Okay, kill me now. That scrunched face is disturbing me. I can’t think properly. I just said way too much. I turn quickly and start walking off embarrassed. I did something I promised myself I wouldn’t. But it feels good.

“Hey!” Jack called after me, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me to him. I looked up, into his eyes. This was another moment where nothing else mattered.

“I’m glad you want to see me in that piece of material,” he said looking down on me. We stopped. Just looking at each other. I raised my arms and wrapped them around his neck. He was still holding my waist. That has to be the sexiest place he could lay his hands on my body.

“What now?” I whispered trying not to disturb the emotion in the moment. Our eyes still locked together. Mine fell to his lips. They were so inviting, so appealing, and alluring. Jack lowered his face and our lips met. Our lips moved together, over each other’s. We were joined, hopefully forever.

This Christmas is one I’ll never forget, ever.

Last Christmas – Wham!

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart

But the very next day, You gave it away

This year, to save me from tears

I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart

But the very next day, You gave it away

This year, to save me from tears

I'll give it to someone special

Once bitten and twice shy

I keep my distance but you still catch my eye

Tell me baby do you recognise me?