Actor Series - All in a Day's work, Poker Night,

Guest luckyrabbit

I moved all four parts of the actor fic series to the library because technically they're a series of one shots. I merged the four sections together because the library catalogs stories by date and without the replies the first two parts to this series would be on page six and the last two on page one which didn't make much sense to me! All parts still have individual comments threads, links to which can be found at the end of each section. If there's any more parts to come I can simply add them to this for you. Hope that's acceptable to you. Skykat.

Story Title:

Type of Story:

Main Characters:

BTTB rating:

Genre:

Does story include spoilers:

Any warnings:

Summary:

Another silly fic written while under the influence of Cold & Flu meds. I am very sorry for this *hangs head in shame*

"WHAT ELSE? TELL ME!" Peter shouted viciously, spit flying from his mouth and hitting Zoe square in the face.

Zoe reached up with a cuffed hand and calmly brushed the spit from her face. Peter tired to hold it together but he couldn't keep himself from bursting out laughing.

"I am so sorry. I just spat right in her face." Nic Bishop laughingly apologized, pointing at Emily Perry, as the director called for a cut.

Emily giggled. "Nic, I know that Peter hates Zoe but I don't think he'd actually spit on her."

"Sh*t, I'm sorry." He apologized again, rubbing a hand across his face.

"It's okay, Nic!" Emily exclaimed. "I was ready to keep going with it. That could've been good."

"Nah, it was like a huge gob of spit! We couldn't have kept that."

"Okay guys, you ready to go again?" The director, Lewis, asked. "Sarah, stop laughing."

Sarah Enright took a deep breath and tried to control her giggles and get back into her 'serious policewoman' mode. It didn't help that Emily kept making faces at her. "Okay, okay. I'm good."

"Alright, let's take it from Emily's line."

Emily put her head down and got back into character as she waited for her cue. "I was wrong before," She started. "It's not the twist in the sequel that counts…it’s the way that…they leave it…fuuuuuck. That was just terrible. Sorry."

"It's alright. Try it again." The director called out, keeping the film rolling.

Emily nodded and tried the line again. "I was wrong before…It's not the twist in the sequel that counts. It's the way in which they leave the story open. The way people start to relax thinking it's over right before the get hit with the big finish." She waited for Nic to say his line, he didn't. "I think that would be your cue Nic." She giggled, breaking character.

But Nic was occupied, huddling against the wall trying to keep himself from laughing and ruining the take.

It was all downhill from there. It had been a long day and fatigue was taking it's toll on the actors and they could not stop laughing. Breaking point came when in one take the handcuffs, for no particular reason at all, fell off Emily's hands and landed on the table with a clunk prompting Nic to throw his hands up and exclaim "No wonder she f*cking escapes!"

"Okay, everyone, let's take a break. Ten minutes." The director called out, taking off his headphones as Sarah crawled under the table in an effort to control her laughter.

"Saaaarraaaaah!" Emily teased, when Nic left the set to talk to the director about changing some lines. "Watcha doing under the table?"

"Trying to get away from you."

"Why? What did I do?" Em asked, putting on a mockingly hurt tone.

"You keep making me laugh." Sarah answered, tears of laughter running down her face. Tears!

"Me? I'm not even doing anything funny." Emily smirked. "It's not my fault if you can't control yourself."

Emily held out a hand and helped Sarah get out from under the table. "Look at you, you're make up's all screwed." She said, wiping at a streak of black eyeliner, that had run down Sarah's cheek, with her thumb.

"What?" She looked her reflection in the glass. She was a mess. "Oh f*ck! Why did they have to use so much eyeliner?"

"It's the eyeliner of evil." Emily explained.

"Huh?"

"When you're evil, you have to wear lots of dark eyeliner…I don't know."

"I'd better go get this fixed." Sarah said, giving up on trying to fix the damage herself.

"Fine, leave me here all by my lonesome, see if I care." Emily pouted.

"I'm sure you'll find something to keep yourself occupied." Sarah said, flicking her hair. "Go see who's in the green room."

"What are you two lovely ladies talking about?" Chris Hemsworth asked, walking into the green room to find Amy Mathews deep in conversation with Emily Perry.

"You." Emily said. "Sounds like your kissing technique hasn't improved since last year."

"Woah. That hurt, right here." Chris snarked, putting a hand over his heart and flopping down on the couch.

"Awww. Poor Christopher."

Chris grabbed a cushion and tossed it in Emily and Amy's general direction. "Shut it, Princess Moptop." He said playfully.

"Princess Moptop?" Amy asked, intrigued by the brother/sister relationship the two seemed to have.

"Last year, we came up with nicknames for one another. I'm Princess Moptop and he's The Hammer." Emily explained, rolling her eyes. "We're so lame." She laughed.

"Speak for yourself!" Chris cried out "Amy, I'm not lame, am I?" He asked batting his eyelashes at his onscreen girlfriend.

"Uhhhh, do I really have to answer that?"

"I can't believe you think I'm lame! I'm so hurt that the only way I can express my feelings is through song." Chris whined before bursting out into, loud and off-key, song. "Do you really want to hurt me?"

One of the DA's stuck his head into the room. "Emily you're needed on set."

"Oh thank god!" Emily said, jumping up and abandoning Amy.

"Don't leave me!" Amy pleaded, as Chris dropped to his knees before her, still belting out the chorus to the Culture Club classic.

Chris grinned up at her. "So do you still think I'm lame?"

END

Comments

• 3 weeks later...

Story Title:

Type of Story:

Main Characters:

BTTB rating:

Genre:

Any warnings:

Summary:

Poker Night

I picked a hell of a time to quit smoking. Emily thought to herself, chewing on yet another jelly baby, while waiting for her call to set. It was more than a little frustrating that in a storyline that was all about her character, she hardly had any scenes and in two of the scenes that she did have she didn't even have any lines. All she had to do was, as the director put it, stand there and look evil. But considering the quality of some of the few lines that she did get to say, perhaps that wasn't an altogether bad thing.

Emily sighed and picked at the bottom of her black tanktop (If you're evil you have to wear black, it's a rule!). She loved Zoe, out of all the characters she'd ever played, Zoe was her favourite by far. Emily had been so excited when her agent had called her, towards the end of 2005, and told her that she'd be coming back, for real this time and not just making a cameo in someone's dream. To say that she was disappointed with the way things were turning out would be an understatement.

She was distracted from her uncharacteristically negative thoughts by a familiar voice.

"Hey, Em." Sarah said, taking a seat beside her.

"Hey, Sar. Want a jelly baby?" She replied, offering her bag of lollies to Sarah.

"Thanks." Sarah selected a red jelly baby and popped it into her mouth. "So what are you doing?"

"Pretty much what I've been doing for the past two months. Waiting...Did that sound totally bitter? It did, didn't it. Sorry. I'm not...Bitter, I mean." Emily babbled, trying to explain herself.

Sarah held up a hand. "It's okay, I know what you mean. I don't think this is turning out the way either of us expected."

"Yeah. But things should pick up next week, with all the flashback scenes." Emily said, optimistically.

"That's true." Sarah agreed.

"I've been meaning to ask you, what are you doing tonight?"

"Uh...nothing, why?"

"Well, there's like a group of us that gets together and hang out and play whatever games that we're into at the time. One night we we're up until four in the morning playing Puzzle Bobble. Big mistake, since I had to do Random Place the next day and I had these huge bags under my eyes but it was totally worth it because I won. We're totally awesome."

"I haven't heard anything about this."

"It's kind of a secret...well, not really. I mean, pretty much everyone knows about it but they just don't, you know...care. Anyway, point is, do you want to come and join our secret, that isn't really that secret, club?"

Sarah nodded. "And who's in this secret club?"

"It used to just be me, Chris, Jason and Isabelle but, you know. Not so much now. Since Izzy cheated on Chris and all." Emily explained, waving a hand vaguely. "So I think that Chris is asking Amy and I'm asking you. So?"

"I'd love to."

"Hemmo!" Emily exclaimed happily when Chris answered his door.

"Hey Moptop." Chris greeted her as she hugged him, her arms going around the back of his neck and brushing against the tips of his long hair.

"You need to cut your hair, Christopher." She informed him as she pulled back from the hug.

"That's what I told him, but would he listen?" Jason Smith exclaimed, coming up the front steps.

"Hey mate." Chris greeted Jason.

"Oh yeah, that's not gay." Emily commented as Chris pulled Jason into a hug, clapping him on the back. "Not gay at all."

Chris automatically reached a hand out to ruffle her hair but Emily held up a finger warningly. "Ah! Not tonight, bucko." She said, pointing to the two bushy pigtails, she had her hair pulled back in.

"Bucko?"

"Shut up Jason."

"Nice to see you too, Em." Jason said, poking his tongue out at her. "Where are Sarah and Amy?"

"They still had scenes to film so they're going to catch a ride together." Chris said. "They should be here soon."

Soon, turned out to be about two minutes later since filming finished early, or as Amy put it 'They were let off on good behaviour.'

"So, is this the new sound system?" Jason pointed to the speakers laying on their sides on the floor.

"Uh, yeah. I haven't exactly had a chance to set them up yet."

"You slacker!" Amy gave Chris a playful shove in the back that failed to move him. It was like hitting a brick wall with a feather.

"Leave it to me, Hemsworth." Jason said, jumping over the couch and sitting cross-legged on the floor, getting to work sorting through the tangled cords. "Don't want these ending up like the old ones, now do we."

"What happened to the old ones?" Sarah asked Emily quietly, as Chris tried to force Jason to read the instruction manual before he broke anything.

Emily smiled at her. "Trust me, you don't want to know."

"Wait, is this even the right hole?" Jason asked, trying to force the plug in anyway.

"Why do I get the feeling that that's a question you ask a lot?"

"Why, Amy Mathews!" Jason gasped. "I am both shocked and appalled that you would even think to make such a suggestion!"

"Hey, don't try and force it, it'll break." Chris interjected, trying to be the lone voice of reason.

"Relax!" Jason assured him. "I know what I'm doing." In a most fortuitous piece of timing the plug finally clicked into place. "See?"

"Yeah, yeah. You're a genius."

"What is this music?" asked Emily, who was sorting through Chris' CD collection with Sarah. "All you ever listen to is whiny boys with guitars! No wonder you're depressed, Hemmo."

"I'm not depressed!" Chris denied. "Besides, I'm not going to be criticized on my choice of music by someone who knows the words to all of The Veronicas' songs."

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with The Veronicas! They're awesome!" She exclaimed, making Sarah and Amy nodded in agreement.

"Chicks, man." Jason groaned. "No taste."

"That explains how you keep getting dates." Amy snarked.

Jason pouted. "Oh, Amy, why must you wound me so?" He turned the speaker up right. "Okay, all done."

"You serious?" Chris asked in surprise. If he knew it was going to be that easy, he could've done it himself.

"As a clown."

"Clown?" Sarah asked.

"They have a very demanding job, they're so overlooked." Jason pointed out.

Chris plugged the sound system into power point. "Now, you're sure-"

"Yes, I'm sure!"

"Okay." Chris said, flipping the switch. Everyone but Jason, cringed in preparation for an explosion that never happened.

Jason noticed the looks on their faces. "Oh ye of little faith." He shook his head sadly.

"What-" Emily asked, pulling something out from between the cushions on the couch. "Is this?" She grinned, examining the white knitted beanie with a pompom on top and two more hanging on strings off the earflaps.

"That is a hat." Amy pointed out reasonably.

"It's awesome!" Emily exclaimed gleefully, pulling the hat on over her head, her pigtails making it not sit quite right. "How do I look?"

"Adorable." Sarah said, flicking a dangling pompom.

Fifteen minutes later, they were seated around Chris' kitchen table that was serving as their playing field for the night. Emily sat comfortably between Chris and Sarah, who was next to Amy.

"Let's get this started!" Jason grinned, picking up the deck of cards and halving it and then shuffling them back together. "You know, I really can't wait to take all your money." He said, trying to make a bridge with the cards and failing spectacularly, sending cards scattering across the table, making Chris choke on his beer he laughed so hard.

"Nice one, mate."

Sarah collected the cards and rearranged them back into a full deck. "Maybe I should deal." She expertly split the deck and shuffled the cards, flashily.

"Woah."

"Been holding out on us, huh, Sar?" Emily said admiringly.

Sarah shrugged. "I used work as a blackjack dealer at Star City. You pick up a few things."

"Blackjack dealer?"

"Uh-huh. The life of a struggling actor, you know." She said, dealing out the cards.

"Amen sister."

An hour later, Chris and Emily were the only players left standing. Jason had been the first knocked out, in only the third hand, when he had foolishly gone all in on a pair of pocket twos before he'd even saw the flop. Then it was Amy in the eighth and finally Sarah had been caught in the crossfire between Emily and Chris' epic battle in the eleventh.

Chris checked his cards again. A five of spades and a jack of hearts. "Check."

Emily smirked. "All in."

"And it's a power play from Miss Emily Perry, she came here to win, ladies and gentlemen." Jason commentated as Chris groaned. With all five cards on the table, four of them diamonds, all he had was a pair of fives, the lowest potential pair that hand. He played into it so far in an attempt to bluff Emily out but now it looked like that plan was down the drain. To match her bet he would have to go all in and the risk factor was just far too high.

"I fold." He tossed his cards in, face up.

Emily laughed evilly raked in her winnings, ultimate victory would be hers...maybe there was a little more Zoe in her than she'd like to admit. "I had nothing, you know, all you had to do was call my bluff." She teased.

"You know who you sound like right now, don't you?" Amy, who had been watching with great interest, asked.

"Yeah, I know."

"Big week, next week." Jason pointed out slyly, clutching his bowl of pretzels. "Big week."

"Uh-huh." Emily agreed absently, watching Sarah shuffle the cards again.

"You two have your big kissing scene coming up, don't you?" He asked casually, referring to the Zoe/Tracey kiss that had been a hot topic ever since the script was released.

"It's just a kiss, I don't get why it's such a big deal." Sarah sighed, dealing the cards out to Emily and Chris. "It's not like all the other characters on the show aren't going at it like rabbits."

"It's because we're girls." Emily informed her. "It's going to end up getting cut anyway, no way it'll make it past the network censors." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Why? Is it too hot for tv?" Jason asked eagerly, his eyes lighting up. "Have you been practicing?"

Emily and Sarah exchanged amused glances. "No, it's just a kiss, I think we can handle it." Sarah said.

"Yeah, but-"

"Leave them alone Jason, you perv." Amy admonished him.

"What? I'm not doing anything wrong." Jason said innocently. He nibbled on the corner of a pretzel. "I don't suppose you want to give us a demonstration?"

Emily smirked and put in the twenty dollar small blind. After a whispered conference with Sarah, she answered Jason's question. "Sure." Jason let out an excited whoop of joy.

"But on one condition." Sarah continued, dealing out the flop.

"You have to kiss Chris first." Emily finished, making Amy burst out into laughter and Sarah smirk.

Chris shook his head as Jason pursed his lips and seemed to be giving the idea serious thought. He turned to Chris. "Pucker up, sweetheart!" He grabbed Chris' face between his hands and tried to give him a big smooch.

"Get off!" Chris laughed, playfully shoving Jason off him before their lips could touch.

"I'm just glad Zoe's finally got a girlfriend." Emily said thoughtfully. "A big part of her problem was that she's lonely."

"You know what another big part of her problem is? She's psycho." Jason said, pointing a pretzel at her.

Emily nodded, she couldn't really argue with that. A grin spread across her face as Sarah dealt the fifth and final card. A queen of hearts. She checked her cards again and decided to take a calculated risk.

"All in."

"Call." Chris said without hesitation.

"Okay, let's see 'em." Jason said, drumming his hands on the table.

"Two pair, queens over nines with a jack kicker." Emily said triumphantly, laying down her cards.

Chris raised an eyebrow. "Very impressive. But that doesn't beat a full house, queens over sevens." He said, laying down his own cards and leaning across the table to rake in the chips he'd won.

"Oh f*ck." Emily groaned, dropping her head to the table as Sarah and Amy patted her back in consolation. "One more hand!" She cried.

"You don't have anything left to bet."

Emily thought for a moment. "What about my hat?" She offered, pointing a white pompom in Chris' direction.

"What about it?"

"If you win the next hand, you can have my hat."

Chris chuckled. "It's my hat anyway."

"Yeah well...I'm wearing it and possession is nine tenths, baby."

"No deal." Chris said, shaking his head.

Emily pouted and tossed a playing card in Chris' direction. "You're no fun."

"Hey, I happen to be plenty of fun, right guys?" Chris said defensively, looking around at the other three occupants of the table, for confirmation of his claim, unfortunately for him they all avoided his eyes and remained silent, except for Jason, he just sniggered quietly to himself.

Sarah played with the deck of cards in her hands. "So..." She began, breaking the awkward silence. "Anyone for blackjack?"

END

Comments

• 3 months later...

Third in my Actor!Fic series following on from where Poker Night left off. I'd strongly recommend reading that one first or you're going to be pretty lost.

Story Title:

Type of Story:

Main Characters:

BTTB rating:

Genre:

Any warnings:

Summary:

-Dude, Where's My...Jason?-

Cringing as the early morning, no, make that very early morning, light hit his eyes, Chris Hemsworth groaned and rolled over only to smack his head on something hard.

"Ugh," He opened his eyes and came face to face with the leg of his coffee table, he also noticed that he seemed to be missing his shirt, no wonder his nipples were so cold. Rubbing his sore head, Chris noticed that another part of his anatomy was hurting. Apprehensively, he cast his eyes down to the affected area and his jaw dropped. Across the previously pristine tanned skin of his ripped abdomen, the words 'Property of Jason Smith' were printed in big, bold, black letters and underneath the was a line that led down to...Chris pulled the waistband of his pants forward, yep, he was in big trouble.

"Jason! Get your bony butt out here!" he bellowed, startling the other occupants of the room awake. Amy almost fell off the kitchen counter she had been sleeping on.

"Chris, what the f*ck?" Emily groaned, untangling herself from Sarah and rubbing her sleepy eyes.

Chris ignored her. "Jason," he said sweetly, changing tactics when Jason failed to appear. "Come out, I'm not mad. I promise."

Wandering in from the kitchen, Amy stopped in her tracks and pointed at Chris. "What the hell is that?"

"I don't know!" he whined, prodding at the red, sensitive skin surrounding the tattoo. "How could you guys let me do this? I'll never be able to take my shirt off on-screen again!"

"Well, you're always complaining that you have to be shirtless." Amy reasonably pointed out.

"But all Kim does is take his shirt off-"

"And have babies that aren't really his." Emily added helpfully.

"-I'm going to get fired!"

"Wait, how did this even happen?" Sarah asked, finally bringing some common sense into the conversation.

Emily frowned and withdrew a black permanent marker, that had been digging into her leg, from her pocket. Now she had an idea of what had happened, smiling mischievously, she slipped the marker back into her pocket and kept her mouth shut.

"I mean, it's not like you could've had that done here." Sarah continued. "Does anyone remember where we went last night?"

"Does anyone remember anything at all about last night?" Amy asked, furiously racking her brains for the missing details.

"We played poker and I won and then we played blackjack for a while before Jason suggested we play strip poker and you three didn't want to so you went and watched tv while we played." Chris recounted, looking around for his missing...friend, just friend, with definitely no boy prefix at all. "Dude, where's my Jason?"

"He's probably hiding at home after forcing you to get that." Amy nodded to the tattoo. "Just call him if you're that worried."

"Yeah, I will." Chris pulled his phone from his pocket and hit Jason's number. A few moments later the polyphonic tones of the Pussycat Dolls Don't Cha could be heard.

"Um, slight problem." Sarah said, holding up the ringing phone and the wallet that she'd dug out from down the side of the couch.

Chris ended the call and the ringing stopped. "We lost Jason!"

As she stepped forward to comfort Chris, Emily's foot hit a paper cup and sent it rolling across the floor, the Taco Bell logo caught her eye, triggering a memory of the night before. "Hey, I think I remember something," she said. "You and Jason were playing strip poker and we were watching a really crappy movie and one of the characters was eating nachos and..."

"Sh*t, now I want nachos!" Emily exclaimed, kicking her legs restlessly.

"You know, you're not supposed to eat after eight o'clock." Amy informed her while offering her the bowl of chips she was munching away on at the same time.

Emily waved the bowl off. No, the only thing she wanted now was nachos. "Putting on weight isn't really and issue for me." She turned and shouted over the back of the chair at the half naked boys. "Chris, have you got any nachos?"

"No," he shouted back, pulling his shirt off over his head at the same time.

Emily pouted and slumped back in her seat. Suddenly an idea occurred to her, "Hey, there's still a Taco Bell in the city, right?"

"Ah, I think so." Sarah said.

"Awesome." Emily grinned, hopping up from her seat.

"Where are you going?"

"To get nachos, duh."

"You're going to drive into the city, in the middle of the night, to get nachos?" Amy asked in disbelief.

"I'm not going to drive." Emily denied. "I'm going to catch the bus and you guys are coming with me."

"You're going to get the bus?" Sarah asked, raising an eyebrow. "Now?"

"Yeah, you meet interesting people on the bus at night."

"Emily, the only people who're on the bus at this time of night are drunks and serial killers."

"And me."

"I thought that I covered you with the serial killer thing."

"Zoe's not a serial killer! But now you see why you have to come with me. I mean, what if you let me go by myself and I disappear because I've been abducted by a drunken serial killer and then three days later some poor child finds my mutilated corpse under the swings in some park and then I'll be dead and the kid will be scarred for life and will probably have to have therapy until they're a hundred and it'll be all your fault!" Emily babbled without taking a breath. "Think about how bad you're going to feel then, huh, knowing that it all could've been prevented if you just came with me to get-"

"Okay, shut up, I'll come with you." Sarah interrupted, concerned that Emily was going to pass out if she kept babbling.

Amy sighed and stood up, pulling on her jacket. "You're not going to leave me here with the pantless wonders, I'm coming too."

"Actually, now that you mention it, I really want a taco." Chris said, throwing down his cards.

"Yeah!" Jason agreed. "And a frozen Coke!"

"We'll come to."

Amy smirked as the boys stood up. "Might wanna put some clothes on boys."

Jason clapped his hands together. "Sounds like a plan to me."

"Well, we must've gone out and come back and lost Jason along the way, if these food wrappers are anything to go by." Amy observed. "The best thing to do if we want to find Jason and remember what happened last night would be to retrace our steps. Maybe it'll come back to us."

"I can't believe that you carried her all the way to the bus stop." Amy said to Chris as the gang filed onto the strangely empty bus. On the way, Emily complained about her feet hurting and forced Chris to give her a piggyback ride all the way down the road.

"It's not like she's heavy," Chris shrugged. "She's like forty kilos soaking wet...and then most of that would be her hair."

"Hey, standing right here!" Emily exclaimed defensively, petting her pretty, curly hair.

Chris turned to look back at her while still walking and ended up hitting his head on the overhead bar. "Ouch," he grumbled, rubbing the painful area. "Why do I keep doing that?"

"It's not fair," Chris whined. "My legs are longer, it's harder for me to keep my feet off the floor."

"Doesn't matter," Jason grunted, pulling himself up higher and adjusting his grip when he felt his hands being to slip. All he had to do now outlast Amy and he would be Ultimate Champion of Bus Hanging. "You should've put those gigantic biceps of yours to good use."

Chris pouted, if he couldn't win then Jason couldn't either. "Chris, you dick!" Jason exclaimed as Chris began tickling him mercilessly, unable to keep his grip any longer, Jason was forced to let go of the bar and dropped down.

"Ha! Winner!" Amy said triumphantly, letting go of the bar and holding her hands up in the air.

"That's so not fair." Jason complained, giving Chris a shove that caused him to stumble and hit his head on the overhead bar.

"Ouch," he grumbled. "Why do I keep doing that?"

"Because you're a freaking giant and the world is designed for people of medium stature." Emily mused from her position sprawled out across two seats. The bus had been blessedly free of drunks and serial killers -well, that guy up the back corner looked a little dodgy- and mostly deserted so they could sit wherever they wanted. She lost her hold of the piece of hair she'd been tightly coiling between her fingers, which snapped back and smacked her in the face. "Ow! Goddammit!"

"You okay?" Sarah asked from the seat behind her.

"Apart from almost taking an eye out with my own hair, I'm peachy."

"Sorry about pushing you." Jason apologized to Chris while this was taking place.

"No, you're not."

Jason grinned. "No, I'm not."

"So where do we go now?" Chris asked once they'd gotten off the bus.

"We go to the one place we definitely know we went to last night." Amy informed him. "So it's off to Taco Bell."

"How do you know so much about all this stuff anyway?" Sarah questioned as Amy led the way up the street.

"I'm method and Rachel is supposed to be a psychologist as well as a doctor, you know."

"Yeah, the worst one ever!" Emily huffed.

"Can't argue with that." Amy was anything but blind to her characters faults.

"What are you doing?" Chris asked Emily as she began humming a barely familiar tune under her breath.

"I've got the theme song to 7th Heaven stuck in my head and I'm trying to get it out. I swear if it doesn't stop soon, I'm going to go homicidal."

"So try thinking of another song," he suggested. "I'll start you off-"

"Oh god, he's going to sing again."

"You know we belong together, you and I forever and ever-"

"Shut up, Chris!" The three girls shouted in unison as they pushed through the doors of the empty fast food restaurant. The only sign of life was the teenaged boy sweeping the floor.

"Go on," Emily urged Chris as the girls took seats at a table. "You're the one that wants to find him."

Chris rolled his eyes and strode up to the boy. "Hey," he greeted, only to be ignored. His temper already frayed, he didn't have the patience to deal with a strangers rudeness. "Hey kid," he said louder, touching the boy's shoulder.

"Whoa!" The kid spun around to see a giant looming over him. He pulled his headphones from his ears. "Sorry dude, couldn't hear you. What's up?"

"Listen..." Chris read the kid's name tag. "Travis, we were in here last night, you don't happen to remember us, do you?"

"Nope, sorry," he said, going back to his sweeping. Chris grabbed his arm again. "Dude, what's your problem?"

"Ignore him," Emily said, stepping in. "He's just cranky because he's on a never ending quest to rescue his boyfriend."

"He's not my-"

"Oh, give it up Chris. Everybody knows."

"Hey," Travis said, squinting at Emily. "Aren't you the girl from the McDonalds ads?"

"Yes. Yes, I am," she sighed.

"We're all on the highest rated soap in the country and she gets recognized for McDonalds ads she did last year?" Amy muttered to Sarah. "What's up with that?"

"Anyway, we're looking for our friend. I don't suppose that there's anyone who remembers us from last night?"

"No, sorry," Travis said, more eager to help the cute girl from tv than the freakishly tall man-giant. "There was a shift change about an hour ago, they've all gone home...can I get your autograph?"

"Well, that was a total bust." Chris said, scuffing his feet as he walked along the street looking for a clue to tell them what to do next.

"Not completely," Amy said after swallowing her mouthful of food. "These cheesy fries are awesome."

"I can't believe you guys took that kid up on his offer of free food."

"We're hungry!" Emily said defensively. "We didn't get to have breakfast, remember?"

Chris rolled his eyes and leaned back against a poster covered wall. "This is hopeless, we're never going to find him. We don't even know we're heading in the right direction."

"Don't be such a drama queen, Chris." Amy scoffed. "Jason's a big boy, he can take care of himself."

"And I wouldn't be so sure of the not heading in the right direction thing either." Emily added one of the posters caught her attention. "I think that we were here last night."

"How do you know that?" Sarah asked.

Emily pointed at a vandalized poster for an old Julia Roberts movie. "I think that I did that." She pulled the permanent marker from her pocket and added a pair of devil horns to match the blacked out teeth and eyes, the colour matched with the older markings perfectly. "Yep, I did that."

"But why would you vandalize a poster of Julia Roberts?"

"Because, even though we've never met, she's my mortal enemy." Emily explained simply.

"Really? Why?"

"Because she's a crappy, boring actress who still manages to pull in twenty million a movie." The others nodded at the explanation, it made perfect sense to them.

"At least now we know we're on the right track." Amy said as they continued up the street. She didn't really care about finding Jason but this was fun. Like a treasure hunt.

"Hey, do the balls of anyone else's feet hurt?" Chris asked, frowning when Amy cracked up laughing half way through his sentence.

"Sorry, I totally thought you were going to say something else then," she apologized, unsuccessfully trying to stifle her giggles.

"I told you that my feet were sore before!" Emily exclaimed as they approached the Galaxy World arcade. "And I think I know why," she said, bouncing ahead of the group and up the steps to the arcade.

"Dance Revolution!" she triumphantly exclaimed, pointing at the group of teenagers playing the simulated dancing game. "My feet always hurt like this after I've played it for too long, we must've been in here last night."

While Amy went to talk to the manager, Chris leaned against one of those two dollar vending machines. Something about it tugged at his memory and he touched his bare wrist.

While Jason and Sarah were facing off on one game, Amy and Emily were going head to head on the other. Chris, having no real dancing ability or rhythm whatsoever, had been knocked out in the first round of the tournament. And the network wanted him to do Dancing With The Stars. There was no way that Chris was going to open himself up to that kind of embarrassment, no matter what Jason said.

A glow emanating from one of the vending machines caught his eye. He stared for a moment before putting a two dollar coin in the slot and turning the knob. He never could resist stuff that glowed in the dark. He popped open the hard plastic ball that the machine had dispensed and pulled the stretchy glowing bracelet up his wrist, admiring the way it looked. Awesome.

So where had that bracelet gone now? Jason had probably stolen it. The little bastard.

"Okay, so I talked to the manager and she remembers us from last night. Apparently we caused a big commotion with all the fans cheering us on and Jason was definitely still with us then." Amy voice snapped Chris out of his thoughts. "Where the hell have Sarah and Emily disappeared to?" Chris shrugged. "Oh, there they are." Amy spotted them playing House Of The Dead 3.

"You know, for some one playing a cop, you really are a crappy shot." Emily teased, shooting a zombie's head off at the same time.

"Well, you know that Tracey never actually gets to use her gun, right?"

"Come on guys, we have to find Jason!" Chris whined.

"We don't even know where to go next." Sarah pointed out.

"We should just keep heading down this street," said Chris.

Sarah and Emily shrugged, they'd both just been killed anyway. "Fine, let's go."

"Hurry up," Chris growled, punching the button for the lights at the pedestrian crossing for the fifth time.

"You know it doesn't matter how many times you push it, it's on a timer," said a homeless guy who was sitting with his back against the building.

"Excuse me?" Chris turned around.

"Oh, it's you! Hey, did you ever get your bracelet back from that girl?"

"What girl?" Emily asked.

The homeless guy pointed at her. "I know you, you're the girl who was filming those McDonalds ads up in Pitt Street Mall, aren't ya. You let me have all those leftover rolls."

"Even the homeless guy knows who she is?" Amy muttered, under her breath. "Unbelievable."

"Oh yeah!" Emily exclaimed in recognition. "Ollie, right?"

"That's my name," grinned Ollie.

"Um, sorry to interrupt," Chris interjected. "But you were saying something about a girl?"

"That's right, last night you come tearing around the corner and ask me if I seen which way a girl with a glow in the dark bracelet went. I told you that she went up there and took off along Pitt Street. You went running off after her and then four of your friends went chasing after you." Ollie explained.

"Four?"

"These three lovely ladies and another boy."

"Thanks, man." Chris pulled a fifty dollar note from his back pocket and handed it to Ollie.

"Much obliged."

"I don't get it, why would a girl steal a two dollar glow in the dark bracelet?" Chris asked, trying to sort through the confusion as they walked along Pitt Street.

"To sell on Ebay." Emily answered as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Chris frowned at her. "Why would she do that?"

"She was probably a fangirl, who knows why they do the things they do. You know that one stalked me through JB Hi-Fi's once, right?"

"Oooh, Rock Bottom Music!" Amy exclaimed as they approached the store. "I love this place. I'll just be two seconds, seriously," she said, ducking into the small shop with the cheapest cds in town.

"You're seriously getting that?" Chris asked Amy as she put George Michael's Greatest Hits album down on the counter and fished around in her wallet for ten dollars.

"What's wrong with it? Sure, his personal life has gone down the toilet but he does have some good songs. All of which are on this cd." She pulled out a ten dollar note and frowned when a scrap of paper came out with it.

"What's that?" Chris asked as she examined it.

"It's a ticket for the observation deck of Centre Point tower, it's from last night."

"I guess we know where to go next then."

"Alien abduction, it's the only explanation!" Jason exclaimed as they walked back through the doorway of Chris' house. They'd found him curled up on one of the surprising comfortable benches a top of Centre Point. It turned out that he had fallen asleep there and they'd left without him. So without his wallet or mobile phone he decided that the best thing to do was to sit and wait for them to come back. Now that they'd found him, the hot topic was why they didn't remember anything from the night before.

"Um, I think I might have a more plausible answer." Amy said, holding up two empty tequila bottles she'd found in the recycling bin.

"Tequila and Mexican food, makes sense." Emily shrugged.

"If we drank enough to forget most of last night, shouldn't we all have hangovers?" Chris asked, pushing his hair off his face. Emily was right, he really should get it cut.

"I read that you don't get hangovers from really good tequila and this stuff is really expensive." Amy informed them in an authoritative tone.

"So everything's explained." Sarah concluded.

"Yeah, everything except this." Chris took his arm from around Jason's shoulders and lifted up his shirt.

"Awww, Christopher, you shouldn't have!" Jason grinned gleefully.

"I didn't!" Chris cried. "At least I don't think I did."

"Um, I think that I can explain that." Emily sheepishly raised her hand.

"You'd think that being a giant, he'd have a higher tolerance for alcohol." Emily slurred, looking at Chris' passed out form as an evil plan started to form in her drunken mind. "How wrong would it be if I took advantage of his passed outy-ness and drew all over him?"

"It would be very, very wrong." Sarah informed her solemnly. " Want some help?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

"But it was all red and sore."

"Yeah, we gave you a really good red belly when we were done. You slept through the whole thing."

Chris smirked at her. No way she was going to get away with this. "You know that I'm going to get you back for this. Right when you least expect it."

Emily rolled her eyes dramatically. "Promises, promises...have you got any ice cream?"

END

Comments

The fourth in my Actor fic series following on from All In A Days Work, Poker Night and Dude, Where's My...Jason?.

Story Title:

Type of Story:

Main Characters:

BTTB rating:

Genre:

Any warnings:

Summary:

"Tammin Sursok!" Nic Bishop shouted at the tv in disbelief. "She's not famous!"

"Oh, how quickly the mighty are forgotten." Sarah sighed, playing with Emily shoelaces.

Nic snorted in disgust at the television, he was complete caught up in watching people call up the late night game show and try to identify the names of the famous actresses on the board. Emily, meanwhile, was off in a world of her own, draped across the green room couch with her legs across Sarah's lap, attempting to braid her own curly hair and singing her own special bored song -which mainly consisted of her repeating the word 'bored' to a vaguely recognizable melody- under her breath.

"Kate Bosworth? Come on!" Nic repeated the caller's answer in disbelief. "What is wrong with these people? This is so easy, what about Audrey Hepburn or Meryl Streep or Julia Roberts-" he stopped when Emily let out a growl at the actress name. "What's the matter with Julia Roberts?"

"Other than the fact that she's her mortal enemy?" Sarah answered when Emily rolled her eyes at his silly question.

"Julia Roberts is your mortal enemy?"

"Yep," Emily confirmed. "I mean, we've never met but that's probably a good thing because she is one of the few people I would gladly kill."

Nic turned away from the tv and frowned at her in confusion. "Why?"

"Because…" she turned her head to Sarah. "Why do I want to kill her again?"

"Because she's a crappy, boring actress who still manages to pull in twenty million a movie." Sarah repeated Emily's words from the previous day.

Emily snapped her fingers. "That's right! And the only reason people like her is because she has curly hair and a cute smile. I have a cute smile and curly hair!" she said emphatically and Sarah nodded in agreement. "Where's my freaking Academy Award?"

Nic shrugged. "I like her," he admitted sheepishly, making both women glare at him.

"You only like her because she played a hooker." Emily grumbled and muttered something that only Sarah was close enough to hear.

Nic let bemused grin spread across, she was right and Pretty Woman happened to be one of his favourite movies, not that he'd ever admit it. He turned back to the television, leaving Sarah and Emily to their whispered discussion.

"Hi Chris, what's your answer?" The bikini-clad presenter asked the newest caller.

"Is it Julia Roberts?" asked a strangely familiar voice.

"It is!" The fake tanned blonde onscreen squealed as the graphic flashed up revealing that the caller had just won seven hundred dollars.

"Told you so." Nic said smugly, flinching when the cushion hit the back of his head.

"Shut up, Nic!"

END

Comments

Archived