All These Things That I've Done

Guest luckyrabbit

In line with the new rules for fanfics we'd appreciate it if you'd take 5 minutes to fill out the following form:

Story Title: Give it a name, any name we can edit it later

Type of story: long fic/ short fic

Main Characters:

BTTB rating: see official ratings guidance (make this a link)

Does story include spoilers: yes/no

Is story being proof read: yes/ no by who?

Any warnings: Sexual content, violence, language

summary: 5 lines max

Thanks, the Librarians.

What could've happened if the writers weren't stupid Zoe wasn't stupid enough to gatecrash the wedding reception.

Peter checked his phone for the fifth time in two minutes thinking perhaps he might have missed a call in the twenty seconds since he last checked. He hadn't. Something was wrong, he could feel it in the pit of his stomach, Tracey should've called him hours ago. He restlessly rubbed his hand against his chin. He had to get out of there. He only stopped to say congratulations to Jack and Martha and let Dan know that he was leaving before getting in his car and heading back to his second home, the police station.

"Peter, what are you doing back here?" Sgt McGragh asked from behind the front desk.

"I was just wondering how the transport went, Tracey was meant to call me when they get there. I was just getting a little worried." Understatement of the century.

"Mate, everything's fine. A call came in earlier, they had some mechanical trouble so they're running a few hours behind schedule, that's all." McGragh explained.

"Mechanical trouble?" Peter asked, instantly on alert.

"Don't worry, it's all been sorted." McGragh assured him. "Now why don't you go home and get some rest, Pete, you deserve it."

Peter sighed, tapping his hand against the counter. "Yeah, yeah. You're right. Okay, I'm going to shoot off home, wait for Tracey to call. If anything happens..."

"It won't but if it does I'll call you. Now get out of here."

"Right, thanks mate." Peter waved to McGragh and left the station.

He trudged up the steps to his apartment, his feet getting heavier with every step. He was exhausted, weeks of living on nothing but coffee and adrenaline finally taking their toll. Peter unlocked his door and spared a glance to the door of Flat 7, a familiar chill creeping over him. He really had to move.

Rubbing his tired eyes, Peter blindly reached for the light switch, the room illuminated revealing a bound and gagged Tracey Thompson sitting on his couch, tears stained her cheeks as she looked at him apologetically.

"Tracey?" He instinctively reached for his gun, that of course wasn't there, when heard the distinctive sound of a gun being cocked and felt the muzzle being pressed against the back of his skull.

"Don't move, don't make a sound. Anyone else comes through that door they are going to get nothing but a bullet in the brainpan. Understand?"

Peter nodded carefully. "If you're going to shoot me then go ahead and shoot me."

"Silly Peter, where's the fun in that?" Zoe asked playfully. "Now put your hands behind your back. Nice and slow." She ordered.

Shakily Peter brought his hands up behind his back, scowling when he felt the cool metal of cuffs being placed around his wrists, he clenched his jaw when he heard the locks click into place.

"Now, have a seat." Zoe prompted, tapping the side of Peter's head with the gun.

His heart hammering against his chest Peter tried to stand his ground. "No."

Zoe gave him a hard shove in the back. "Move." She forced him into the armchair across from Tracey.

"Zoe, you don't want to do this, you kill us, they'll hunt you down." Peter franticly tried to reason with her.

"You'll forgive me if that doesn't exactly have me quaking in fear." Zoe said lightly, leaning against the back of the chair. "They haven't exactly managed to do too good a job of it so far."

"We managed to catch you." Peter pointed out angrily making Zoe laugh mockingly.

Zoe leaned in till her chin was resting on his shoulder. "The only reason you caught me, is because I let you. I wanted you to catch me Peter. I don't make mistakes, remember?" She said condescendingly, throwing his words back at him.

Peter snorted in disgust, shaking his head. "And why would you do that Zoe?"

"To prove to you that no matter what you do, how safe you think you are, you will never beat me." Zoe said slowly, drawing out each word. "I always win. Always. Do you know why?"

"I'm sure you'll tell me."

"Because I'm better than you." She flicked his ear, making him jerk his head away defiantly. "Aw, don't be like that." Zoe pouted, making her way to refrigerator. "Now, what have you got to drink around here?" She wondered to herself opening the fridge and frowning at the contents before getting herself a beer. "You guys want anything? Trace? Pete?" She said addressing them like they were old friends. Tracey glared at her in response and Peter said nothing. "I guess that's a no then." Zoe said, closing the door to the fridge with her foot as she made her way back to the lounge area.

Putting her beer down on the coffee table, Zoe flopped down on the lounge beside Tracey, flinging and arm along the back and putting her feet up on the coffee table, she couldn't have looked more relaxed. "Isn't this nice, all of us hanging out together."

"What happened to the others who were guarding you?" Peter asked, watching Zoe easily uncap the bottle.

Zoe quirked an eyebrow, the bottle halfway to her lips. "What do you think? They're dead." She took a sip of the beer and licked her lips. "And it's all your fault."

"I wasn't the one who killed them."

"No, you were the one who signed their death warrants." Zoe turned her attention to the frightened Tracey next to her. "But I couldn't kill this one, she's far too pretty to die, don't you think?" Zoe asked, running a finger down the side of Tracey's face making the detective whimper and flinch away.

"Leave her alone!" Peter shouted. "I swear if you touch her again I'll…"

"You'll what?" Zoe swung her legs of the coffee table and stood up. "In case you hadn't noticed you’re a little tied up at the moment. What are you going to do? Headbutt me to death?" She said flippantly, putting down her beer and moving to the cd rack, picking up a stack of cases, she inspected the titles. "Crap." She deemed the first disc, tossing it away carelessly. "Crap." She threw the second and moved onto the next one.

"Cher?" Zoe asked mockingly. "Peter, is there something you want to tell us?" She smirked and dropped the cd, finally stumbling across something she could stand listening to. "Now we're getting somewhere."

She loaded the disc into the sound system and turned up the volume as the Into The Void started pumping through the speakers.

Peter exchanged worried looks with a clearly distressed Tracey as Zoe mouthed along to the words "Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away" and moved along to the slow rhythm of the music. He knew it was up to him to get them out of this. "Why did you come back Zoe?"

Zoe stopped dancing and turned her attention back to him. "For my big finish, duh."

Peter smiled, thinking he had caught a break. "I hate to break it to you but we already know all about your big plan, we found your maps remember, all your equipment. You're never going to be able to get away with it." Zoe just giggled in response. "What's so funny Zoe?"

"Do you really think that I just would've left my plans laying around where I knew you would find them?"

"You knew?" Peter frowned.

"Of course, I knew. In fact, I was counting on it." Zoe trailed her fingers along the back of the lounge behind Tracey's head. "I have to admit you took a lot longer to figure it out than I thought you would. You know, I even left a note sticking out from under my door with Maxine's name on it, to try and hurry things along so I could move forward with my plans."

"And what plans would they be? What are you going to do Zoe?"

Zoe smiled. "You'll just have to wait and see, shouldn't be much longer."

Peter gritted his teeth and uselessly tried to break free of his metal bindings. "How'd you escape? You couldn't have done it alone, you must've had help."

"I did." Zoe confirmed, sitting back next to Tracey again.

"Who?"

"You're the detective, you work it out." Zoe snarked but got impatient when Peter failed to come up with an answer. "Tell you what, I'll give you a hint. Whoever it was, couldn't have been at the wedding."

"And it must be someone who knew the route the transport was taking." Peter mused to himself, trying to figure it all out. "An inside job?"

Zoe motioned for him to keep going. "Come on Petey, you can do it." She urged.

Frustrated with Zoe's mocking Peter snapped. "Tell me who it is." He demanded, fed up with playing games.

Zoe rolled her eyes and lazily nudged Tracey's leg with her knee.

Peter's heart leaped into the back of his throat as he watched Tracey easily free her hands from their loose ties and remove her gag. "It was me, you idiot. You know you really are a fool Peter." Tracey said spitefully.

Zoe smirked at her. "You are so hot right now."

Peter forced himself to look away as the two women kissed fiercely, his mind abuzz with questions. How could Tracey do this to him? "Why?"

Tracey broke the kiss and slowly turned her eyes to Peter. "She loves me…and I love her." She said slowly, mimicking words that Zoe herself had said only a year before.

Peter couldn't control the smug smile that spread across his face, he couldn't really control much of anything at the moment. "Loves you? Tracey she doesn't love you, she's using you and you’re the fool if you can't see that." He spat viciously.

"Hey," Zoe cried defensively. "Don't ever speak for me. You don’t know me Peter…"

"I know that you think that you love Sarah."

Zoe narrowed her eyes at him. "Think?" She sneered dangerously before she started laughing, her mood changing in an instant. "Sarah's dead Peter, you can't love a dead girl…well you can but that's just gross, I'm not that crazy. I've moved on."

"So why are you doing this, if not for Sarah then why?"

Zoe shrugged. "I tried to stay away, really I did, but see Pete, I got bored…plus there's that whole you tried to kill me issue." Zoe stood and clapped her hands together. "What can I say, I need closure."

Peter swallowed hard, he knew that there was only one way out for him now. "What happens now?"

Zoe took Tracey's wrist and checked her watch. "Now we're going to get some fresh air." She nodded to Tracey who grabbed Peter by the arm and hauled him up.

"How could you do this?" Peter whispered urgently to Tracey as she pushed him towards the doors that lead to the small balcony. "She's just going to turn on you, you know that?"

Tracey looked at him with disdain and pushed him through the door that Zoe had just opened. "Don’t talk to me."

Once Zoe had joined them on the balcony Peter asked "What am I supposed to be looking at?"

Zoe leaned head against Tracey's shoulder and told him to give it a minute then started to countdown the seconds. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one…zero." It was when she uttered the word zero, that the first explosion happened in the distance, from where they were standing it was nothing more than a flash of light and a barely audible boom. The second had much more of an impact the noise of the explosion loud enough make the glass panes in the windows and sliding door rattle.

"I love fireworks." Tracey sighed gleefully.

Zoe smiled at her lover. "I know." She allowed herself a moment to stroke Tracey's hair before she turned to a seething Peter. "Looks like my final act got to play out after all."

"I'll kill you." Peter growled threateningly, his arms straining against his restraints.

Zoe nodded seriously and patted his head. "Of course you will." She looped her arm through his and dragged him back inside. "We've had fun, Peter, you and I. Playing our little game." She forced him to sit on a chair Tracey had dragged in from the kitchen, making sure that the back of the chair was tucked under his arms, trapping him in place. "But playtime's over." She said with a hint of regret.

"Where'd you get that?" Peter asked as Tracey came back into the room with his silenced 9mm pistol in her hands.

"We had plenty of time to look around while we were waiting for you to come home." Zoe smirked, taking the gun from Tracey.

"We had sex in your bed." Tracey informed Peter, tugging on his hair. "Twice." Peter grunted and tried to jerk away. "Uh-uh. Hold still."

"Sorry Peter." Zoe grimaced, leveling the gun at his heart. "But all fun has to come to an end sometime." Unflinching, she pulled the trigger twice, the impact of the bullets enough to Peter back in the chair, causing it to tip over onto the tiled floor.

And that's how Peter Baker died, tied to a chair, bleeding out on his kitchen floor being stood over by the two women he hated most in the world, blood trickling out the corner as his mouth as the light faded from his eyes.

Zoe nudged him with her foot, satisfied when he failed to respond, she turned to Tracey. "Wanna get some pizza?"

END

comments

Archived