Most Popular Character 2020

Dan F

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad all 7 of my votes got into the top 20!

Belle being so high after being gone for over a decade I’m so pleased about. So pleased to see the rise of Ziggy as well. Really happy to see Leah in the top 10(as she’s come lower than deserved a number of times in the past) and Marilyn staying in there too.

And now to see Dean in 5th! He really has grown into a really great character with many layers and I think Patrick has been fantastic in the role. 

So Sally and Irene remain from my votes. Along with Alf and Morag. 

Really surprised to see Bianca, Ricky and Maggie pick up no votes. I thought Beth Hunter would too and Jaz(or did I miss her?).

On 22/12/2020 at 11:01, Dan F said:

@adam436 I'm genuinely intrigued as to who you were thinking for your final place, someone who was hugely popular but not in your list of the 'iconic'... ?

I was thinking of Charlie Buckton. She was hugely popular in her time, and I can't believe she picked up zero points when you look at who is at the lower ends of the poll. I thought Dean had already been included, so I missed him in my deductions

4 hours ago, adam436 said:

I was thinking of Charlie Buckton. She was hugely popular in her time, and I can't believe she picked up zero points when you look at who is at the lower ends of the poll.

Ah, of course! I see what you mean now, given that I didn't even consider her ?

And there we have it! The Top 3 are now revealed....

mpc20-01-03.jpg

As ever we've also provided a quick list of all the regular characters who didn't receive votes this time around, which is linked at the bottom of the main index.

Big thanks to @Red Ranger 1 once again for his commentary, @Chair for verifying with her backup tally that I can indeed count correctly whilst dosed up on opioids, and other members of the team for other bits and bobs.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas (or as good as it possibly can be in the current climate)!

Archived