Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skylover

Re-Run General Discussion

Recommended Posts

I thought it would be interesting to have a discussion of re-runs and repeats in general. As far as I know, Channel 5 repeated the 2000 season in 2007 on digital channel Five Life. They reached 2001 episodes as far as I know before the re-run was taken off air. Apparently in 2013 a re-run of 2000 was re-instated before being taken off again after a few weeks. Living repeated 1996 to 1998(?) between 2002 and 2003(?).

There have been a number of special themed Home and Away repeats during the Summer on occasion on Channel 5's digital channels Five Life/Fiver/Five Star/5*. I found a number of DVDs yesterday I made when I was a teenager that I'd totally forgotten about. So far I've found a 'Wedding Days' special, my DVD seems to contain

-Sally and Kieron's wedding (2000), Will and Gypsy's wedding (2000?), Dan and Leah's wedding (2004?), Noah and Hayley's wedding (2004?).

I also 2 'Arrivals and Departures' DVDs which seem to contain Dani's, Kane and Kirsty's, Don's, and Jade's departures, as well as Noah's arrival among other episodes.

There were also those 80s, 90s and 00s repeats around about 2010(?) which I don't know much about because I was at uni so missed them. I know they included Curtis and Shannon's arrival. From memory 2 aired on TV from each year while a 3rd one appeared on Channel 5's online player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dan, I will enjoy having a look through those.

I just read on DS that before Living repeated 1996-1998 they also repeated 1988-1990 (this was something I hadn't known before).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Skylover said:

Thanks Dan, I will enjoy having a look through those.

I just read on DS that before Living repeated 1996-1998 they also repeated 1988-1990 (this was something I hadn't known before).

The repeats from 88 started at ep 188 I believe and ran until early 1991 when Hayden gets hurt out in the bush. The we had 2 episode narrated by Kate Ritchie with clip between 91 and 96 up until where they continued the 96 season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

The repeats from 88 started at ep 188 I believe and ran until early 1991 when Hayden gets hurt out in the bush. The we had 2 episode narrated by Kate Ritchie with clip between 91 and 96 up until where they continued the 96 season. 

I'd love to know if LIVING still have rights to the 1996 episodes. I've emailed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those 1996-1998 repeats moved from Living to Trouble for about 6 months before moving back to Living and then getting removed from the schedule not long afterwards.

Five did indeed repeat some 2000 episodes back in 2013. Only for about a month though

ITV2 also aired some 1996 episodes around the same time as living. Not sure how many episodes though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will and Gypsy's wedding would have been 2002 and Leah and Dan's was 2005.

5* did indeed show two episodes from each year, with a third available online, in 2012, the show's 25th year, so we got a year a day for five weeks.I tracked down our incredibly long discussion thread from the time here.

http://www.backtothebay.net/forum/topic/43883-classic-episodes-on-5★/

As an aside, I recently found myself rewatching a 1991 episode and was shocked at how young Alf, Ailsa and Michael all looked compared to the last few episodes on 7Two. It was only five years earlier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Martin2013 said:

Those 1996-1998 repeats moved from Living to Trouble for about 6 months before moving back to Living and then getting removed from the schedule not long afterwards.

Do you know how far into 1998 the repeats got before they were taken off?

28 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

http://www.backtothebay.net/forum/topic/43883-classic-episodes-on-5★/

As an aside, I recently found myself rewatching a 1991 episode and was shocked at how young Alf, Ailsa and Michael all looked compared to the last few episodes on 7Two. It was only five years earlier!

Thanks for finding that thread, I'd like to have a look. I was at uni at the time and so I think I didn't record those repeats which I massively regret now.

I watched a 1991 episode earlier today and was shocked how young Michael looked! He had a lot more hair!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBF, Dennis and Debra were still kinda Young then, shoot, I'm currently the age Debra was when she started on H&A! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.