Scandals Of Summer Bay

Guest The Phoenix

CHAPTER TWENTY

Kirsty woke up and was surprised not to see Kane in bed. She wandered in the kitchen and was pleased to see that he looked happier than ysterday, although he looked exhausted.

There was a knock at the door and Peter appeared in the doorway.

"Scotts not in" Kane said

"Actually it was you who I wanted to talk to" Peter said, "Its about Rhys Sutherland"

"What about him?" Kane asked

"He was attacked last night and well, due to certain circumstances..." Peter began but kane interfered,

"You believe its me"

"i just need to eliminate you from the suspects-it won't take long" Peter stated

Kirsty looked thoughtfully at Kane wondering if he did attack Rhys but the expression on his face was unreadable.

"Fair enough, but your wasting your time because I didn't do it" Kane said, he picked up a jacket and kissed Kirsty farewell before exited the house with Peter.

"Tasha please!" Robbie begged, chasing after her when the lunch bell rung.

"Don't you have a studying class to go to or something?" Tasha asked sarcastically

"I've gave them up-for you" Robbie said, "Pleae just listen"

"Goodbye Robbie" Tasha smiled, leaving Robbie alone in the corridor.

It didn't take long for news to spread through the town of Rhys attack and how Kane was the main suspect.

"I mean its obviously him" Colleen said, "I know its been hard for him of late-but thats no reason to go round attacking people"

"Will you give it a rest!" Morag shouted "All I've had since you've moved in is the towns view on gossip. Then I can't even sit in the diner for a drink without you whining on"

"I was just saying-those Phillips boys were always trouble and thats all they've been up to since arriving back here" Colleen said

"Well I don't believe its them" Morag said

"Neither do I" Callum added, appearing behind Colleen, "If you have something to say about my family Ms smart I would prefer it if you said it to one of our faces"

Colleen scowled and went back into the kitchen. Morag gave a rare smile to Callum as if she was thankful he had got rid of Colleen.

"It is odd though" Callum said to Ric, "First Scott, and now Kane is in trouble-and they both claim they never done it"

"So what do you think?" Ric asked

"I dunno, but somethings definately not what it seems" Callum replied.

PREVIEW: KIRSTY GETS IN ANOTHER ARGUEMENT WITH RHYS LEADING IN ANOTHER CRIME TAKING PLACE.

NOTE: EPISODE 25 WILL BE THE CURRENT "SEASON FINALE" WHICH WILL BE ENTITELED "ON THE EDGE". AFTER THAT I WILL HAVE TO THINK OF THE NEXT "SEASON" BUT HOPEFULLY THERE SHOUDLN'T BE A LONG GAP IN BETWEEN THE POSTS. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 21

The start of a new day saw the start of a new arguement between Morag and Colleen.

"If you weren't moving out today i'd kick you out!" Morag shouted

"Oh charming" Colleen replied, packing the rest of her bags. "Nice to know when your not wanted"

"You've never been wanted!" Morag stated

Colleen left the room, slamming the door behind her, Morag sat back down to read the paper, smiling.

Work on the palace was well under way but with both Scott and Kane being in trouble with the law it fell to Kirsty to look after it. While she visited her new home she saw Rhys walking by, Rhys tried to avoid her but he failed.

"You set Kane up" Kirsty screamed

"I have no desire in setting your idiot husband up"Rhys said moodily, "Now get out my way"

Kirsty grabbed Rhys arm and placed in on her stomach. Rhys felt the baby kicking but soon let go.

"Thats your grandchild," Kirsty said running after him, "And you couldn't give a stuff-with any look It'll never have the pain of being with you"

"As if I'd want to look after the spawn of a rapist" Rhys said, pushing past Kirsty and walking off.

Rhys returned home to find it as dark as the sky outside. Thinking that Shelly must of went to bed Rhys sat down in the lounge and began watching the news. He was just about to nod off when there was a loud smashing noise and a brick came flying through the window. Rhys jumped up and ran outside, le looked wildly around but there was nobody in sight...

PREVIEW: IS KIRSTY TO BLAME FOR THE VANDELISM? WHAT HAS MORAG FOUND OUT?

CHAPTER 22

Beth and Irene entered the Diner to have Colleen come darting at them.

"Have you heard about young Kirsty?" She said

"What about her?" Beth asked

"Well apparently someone threw a brick through Rhys Sutherlands window last night and she had a huge arguement with him yesterday" Colleen said excitedly

"So..." Irene said, knowing colleens answer before she openned her mouth

"So-Detective Baker was in here this morning looking for her. I don't know they're getting into a hell of a lot of trouble lately"

"Oh my god" Irene shouted causing the Diner to go quiet "Will you stop spreading your dirty little suspicions to everyone who walks through the door. Kirsty is innocent-as is Kane..."

"Then why was the brick exactly the same type that they've been using at the palace then?" Colleen asked

Irene was stunned by this information but Beth answered,

"If Kirsty says shes innocent then she is-no matter what the police, you or that foul Rhys thinks"

Colleen screwed up her face sceptical and walked off.

"Ignore her" Beth said to irene who was very red in the face/

"I am" Irene said, "But it is odd-all the things that have happnened to them lately"

"I agree now that you put it that way" Beth said "And considering they all seem so truthful"

Beth cut off her sentance when Callum entered the diner-little knowing that he was thinking of the exact same thing as her and Irene.

Danni was lazing around in her appartment waiting for stafford to ring when there was a heavy knock at the door. Danni feared it may be Scott to confront her but was surprised to see Morag there.

"Your information" Morag said, handing her a file. "Its not much but it is something to worry about"

"Whys that?" Danni asked

"Well, from what I've found out Josh West employed your father as a Development Manager and considering your fathers ignorance towards the town and his sudden movement back here I believe that Summer Bay may be involved" Morag said

"What do we do?" Danni said, openning the file and scanning through it

"I'm going to find out more" Morag stated, "Its up to you what you do"

PREVIEW: CALLUM BELIEVES HE KNOWS THE TRUTH AS DANNI CONTEMPLATES WHAT TO DO.

CHAPTER 23

Danni paced her apartment, flicking through the file Morag had given her. She bit her lip and wondered what the best course of action was. Her eyes wandered up to the clock. It would be dark soon but there was a chance...

She picked up her coat and closed the file before waltzing out the apartment.

"Your late home tonight" Sally said as Callum threw his schoolbag to the floor.

"I went for a walk" He replied moodily, crashing down on the sofa.

Sally sat beside him and said, "I know everythings hard for your family at the moment but everything will work out in the end-trust me"

Callum made an effort to smile and Sally added "Me and Flynn are going out for a little while with Pippa-Ric and Cassie are upstairs doing homework..." Her voice trailed off suspicioulsy but Flynn walked into the room with Pippa which signaled it was the time to go.

"Thought you may be here" Danni shouted, making a beeline at Rhys who was sitting alone in the bar.

"I don't want any trouble.." Alf began but Danni slammed the file on the bar

"He is the one causing the trouble-so dad, your Josh Wests Development Manager-congratulates"

Everyone turned round to look at Rhys who got up to leave.

"Development where?" Alf growled, putting the file back down.

Rhys merely looked at him so Alf shouted, "If your thinking of the Bay then theres no chance-you can tell your friend Josh West that too. Now get out of here"

"I wouldn't want to stay here anyway-after all, this bar was thought up by a murderer who I lost my job for" Rhys said, "I only come here because theres no where else to go in this dump"

He stomped out leaving Danni very triumphant that Alf knew about Rhys.

Callum sat alone in the dark until Ric and Cassie came downstairs carrying a handful of books.

"Are you okay?" Cassie asked

"yeah-I'm just thinking of all the strange stuff happening lately" He replied.

Ric sat down and said, "Not a great fresh start for you was it?"

"Better than before" Callum grunted-but then the answer to his questions hit him hard and he jumped up.

"I know whats going on" He said "I've got to see scott and Kane"

He ran out the door as Ric looked bewildered at Cassie.

"Go after him" She said Urgently, "And ring me when you find out whats going on"

Ric slid his shoes on and ran across the caravan park. He got to the road when he saw callum get pulled into a car by a dark figure.

"OI!" Ric shouted, running after them, but the car screeched off leaving Ric stunned.

PREVIEW: NEWS SPREADS OF CALLUMS ABDUCTION AND THE TOWN UNITES TO FIND HIM.

CHAPTER 24

Ric stood rooted to the spot before remembering what Cassie said. He got his mobile phone out his pocket and rang the caravan park.

"CASSIE!" Ric shouted out of breathe, "Its callum he's been abducted-I just seen..."

"Right-calm down" Cassie said, clearly sounding worried. 'I'll call Sally and Flynn-you get to alf and,,...."

At that moment Rics mobile cut off as the batterys ran out.

"RIC!" Cassie shouted frantically down the phone believing something had happened to him to.

She searched through the dresser in a panic to find the phone book. She pulled it from the shelf, knocking over a pot plant as she did.

Cassie hammered the buttons down on the phone and waited for Sally to pick up.

Ric ran to the surf club where he saw Rhys in a furoius arguement with Scott and Kane.

"You always thought you were the tough guys!" Rhys shouted.

Ric skidded to a halt just as Scott was about to hit rhys and gasped-

"Its callum, he's been abducted!"

Rhys stormed off as Ric explained the full story to the worried brothers.

"We gotta find him" Kane said "Did he tell you what he thoght was going on"

"No" Ric said, "I'm going to tell grandad so he can get a search party or something"

"I'll ring Baker" Kane said, "Scott just wait here for a minute.

"We got to look for him! NOW!" Scott shouted openning the car door.

Ric took this time to run in and inform the people in the bar, who were still reeling at the development information the shocking news.

Cassie frantically put on her shoes-sick of waiting for Sally and Flynn to return. She ran out into the darkness where she ran headlong into something.

"Cassie" Sally said, "We've got to stay here-in case Ric or Callum ring, Flynns going to meet up with Peter and the others at the surf club-everything will be fine..."

Cassie didn't like the sound of Sallys tone when she said everything would be fine.

"Listen-I survived the stalker and matilda got away from that man, you have to have faith" Sally said, "Now come on in and sit down, come on"

"Right," Alf shouted, "Scott and Kane your going with peter. Flynn, Dan and Kim you join search team B. Search team A is already out there"

"I want to help" Ric begged "Please!"

Alf observed the panic stricken Ric and agreed, "Peter take Ric with you-he could be the extra help you might need"

Peter nodded and guided ric to the car where Kane and Scott were already waiting.

A dull coloured car pulled up in a dead end lane in the Bush. The shadowy figure climbed out and dragged the unconcious Callum out the car and further into the Bush.

PREVIEW: IN THE SEASON FINALE, CALLUM IS IN DEADLY DANGER AS HE'S ABDUCTOR EXPLAINS ALL-WILL HE BE FOUND IN TIME AS HE IS EDGED CLOSER TO DEATH??? FIND OUT IN EPISODE 25 OF SCANDELS OF SUMMER BAY.

EPISODE 25-ON THE EDGE

Callums eyes blurred into focus. He was in a narrow clearing with towering trees all around him. He tried to move put his hands were tied behind his back and his legs tied together.

"COME OUT, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" Callum shouted, he tried to stand up by edgeing his way up a tree and noticed that the ropes around his wrists weren't very tight.

"How long did it take you to work it out?" a familiar voice said from beyond the trees. "Or are you going to be vain and say you knew all along?"

"You know I'm not like that, Kenny" Callum said.

Kenny swept out from behind the trees dressed in black. He held a knife in his hand and a smirk on his face.

"Why?" Callum asked

"Why? What a stupid question" Kenny said, "I told you, pay me back or else. Not only did you not pay me back but you embarresed me in front of your friend. You made me walk away"

"So you set up my family because of that" Callum asked in deep hatred

"Thats right-and you know what, it was to easy" Kenny bragged, "I heard Scott argueing with the old bat in the diner-then who didn't hear the arguement in the bar between that woman and her father. I was told Kane was known for his temper so it was easy-then setting up his wife, it all fell right into my lap"

"So why not just get me?" Callum said, "Why be a coward?"

Kenny laughed as he moved closer to Callum-the knife still clutched in his gloved hands.

"You were the coward-you couldn't face up to me alone when you have the choice" He said

"So what now? You kill me and then your arrested?" Callum asked, pulling on the loose ropes.

"No" Kenny said, "You still have a choice, just different options"

"And what would they be?" Callum asked, backing into a tree as kenny got closer.

"When people get in trouble with me and they get as deep as you, then i want something more pleasurable than money-you'll remember Louise in the city"

Kenny looked at Callum waiting for an answer,

"The one who said you raped her, she owed you money" Callum said-his heart pulseing in terror.

"Yeah, she ended up dead-if only she kept her mouth shut then our our night of passion would of been the end of it" Kenny said thoughtfully.

"What, so thats my choice-be raped by you or die" Callum said, he was no face to face with kenny.

"Its not rape if I have your concent" Kenny smirked sinisterly and leaned forward to kiss callum. Callum was powerless so when Kenny got close he bit him. Kenny lashed back, pushing Callum to the ground.

The ropes had came loose. Though Callum lay as if he was still tied watching as Kenny wiped blood from his face.

"Always loved the rough ones" He whispered, "My turn"

Before Callum could move kenny pinned him up and started cutting the buttons off his shirt. When it was entirely hung open Kenny dragged the knife across Callums stomach leaving a line of crimson blood.

"Maybe now you'll play by my rules' He threatened and moved in for another kiss.

Callum saw the chance and punched Kenny square in the jaw. Kenny fell and gave callum enough time remove the ropes on his legs. He tried to run but Kenny grabbed his leg, tripping him up.

Callums fell into a thorn bush-leaving his face pouring of blood. He turned back round and knocked Kenny back to the floor and ignoring the pain he ran into the trees.

"You can't hide and you can't keep running" Kenny shouted after him.

Callum ignored him and ran until he suddenly reached the edge of a steep cliff. The bush had ended at this section of land which ahd been eroded away into the sea below. He turned back round to run but found Kenny facing him. Callums heart gave a jolt of terror and he suddenly realized how much pain he was in.

"Enough running" Kenny said, "You had the choice, and now, now you die"

"No..no I change my mind-do what you want okay! Do what you want with me, just don't kill me" Callum was beat, exhausted and bleeding terribly.

"Knew you'd see my way" Kenny said, moving closer. He put his arms on callums shoulders and smiled,

"You know-I always wondered why all the girls fell for you..."

Kennys words affected Callum who took a deep breath and replied,

"And now you will too"

He pushed Kenny and backed off. Kenny stumbled and his foot slipped off the edge of the cliff. Everything seemed to slow down as more of his body disappeared behind the cliff. Callum collapsed to the floor in pain just catching the stunned face of Kenny getting dragged down beyond the cliff.

A long time seemed to pass and callum pulled himself back to his feet. He gazed down to the bottom where Kennys motionless body lay and gasped a sigh of relief. Callum turned round and swayed through the bush. His eyesight slowly blurring again. Some how, and he didn't know how-he found his way back to the clearing where the ropes still lay. He was half way across the clearing when Peter, Kane, Scott and Ric came running through the bushes in front of him.

"Callum" Kane whimpered seeing the bloody mess that was his brother.

"What happened? Where is he?" Scott asked as he supported Callum so he wouldn't fall.

"Its over" Callum gasped, "His dead"

SEASON 2 PREVIEW: CALLUMS HEALTH IS QUESTIONED AS RHYS BECOMES PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE. BUT THE BAY IS ABOUT TO SUFFER FROM A TERRYFYING EVENT WHICH LEAVES MANY LIVES IN DANGER...

Thanks for all your comments during season one. I hope you enjoyed reading it and I will hopefully begin season 2 before the end of the month.

Archived